Resident Evil: Extinction

UN Spacy

Isn't there another resident evil movie being made/planned as well, thats more in tune with the games and has nothing to do with the other movies.

I'd sure hope so b/c it's their move away from the video games that's making this series blow chunks.

Lets see if I get this right, Vegas reduced to a desert (well more of desert then it is) filled with zombies and rejects from a Mad Max movie? Wow, guess following the story line of the games is too difficult for Hollywood. Well I haven't seen the Resident Evil movies, well 'cept for part of the last one, once they resorted to traditional Hollywood i was done. Sure head shots to the zombies, but on the what ever it was no head shots thats it, there is nothing in this movie worth seeing after this. Now if this is being done to Resident Evil still think Metal Gear might be safe?

Cruel Angel's Thesis

Well in my opinion, the only real zombie movie out there that has the closest connection to Resident Evil is Dawn of The Dead.

I remember when u first saw the RE movie, i had a hell of a hard time trying to make the damm story line fit in with the games. And then it hit me, it had NOTHING to do with it. Just messed it up. Kinda like Dead Or Alive movie, then again DOA never really had a storyline anywaysy.

- Jin

• 7 months later...

Saw it yesterday. Quite enjoyed it (as I did the first two movies in the series). I will definitely buy the DVD when it's released.

I've never really been into the Resident Evil games in a big way, just played a couple of them casually, so any inaccuracies in the movies to the source material doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I view these more as zombie/monster movies, rather than Resident Evil game movies.

I love post-apocalyptic movies and zombie movies, so Extinction was right up my street. While no means Oscar material, it was overall a decent movie I thought.

Graham

Saw this last night. The first twety minutes to half hour seemed a little slow, especially when they were introducing the stereotypical 'space-marine' style group of heroes. It picked up though, and it was overall a very entertaining watch. There were of course lots of things that require one to bite your tongue and tilt your head so your brain can slide out of your ear, but it was fun. Milla just downright kicks ass and she's been my favorite 'action hero' for a while now. Can't wait to see the inevitable #4 with it's presumable

Army of Alices.

The one scene that really bugged me was with t

he birds. It was really stupid how that one panned out. They're all safe in their vehicles and could have simply drove away, but for some reason these people that are used to fighting super zombies start freaking out over zombie-birds

? It was cool to see

zombie birds

though.

Can't wait for the DVD. Milla's commentaries are some of the only commentaries I'll listen to.