25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

I'm leaning on YF-23, I read YF-22 at first but it was at a site that rushed to get their reports in quickly and completely overlooked grammatical errors. The guy that told me it was the 23 definitely knew the difference between the 2 planes.

I dunno. I seem more nastolgic towards the old Skystriker. I simply love the F-14 Tomcat but oh well. I was looking forward towards a 1/18 scale Tomcat. I will wait and see how the new Skystriker will look.

Really? Its not that good. I find it cumbersome.

Sleekest plane in the line, even til now, and the best Cobra jet ever designed. I don't see it as cumbersome at all. What other Cobra jet looks better, the Hurricane, the Rattler? The gimmicks work seamlessly as well. Neither of them look as good. You want to talk about cumbersome, look at the Thunderwing. That bloated thing with tiny wings is nowhere near sleek.

I dunno. I seem more nastolgic towards the old Skystriker. I simply love the F-14 Tomcat but oh well. I was looking forward towards a 1/18 scale Tomcat. I will wait and see how the new Skystriker will look.

You and I both man. I am hoping for a new mold classic Skystriker. I want both man, the new one, and a new one based on the old. It doesn't help that I love both the YF-23 and F-14.

Night Raven:

Sheer looks, sheer size alone is enough. But it's got the best gimmicks of any Joe plane. Landing gear plus airbrakes? Bottom-entry cockpit? Dorsal turret? Missile pods? All awesome. And work better than the Skystriker...

That's my main fear of the "new" Night Raven---it may look like the original, but I kinda doubt it'll have working airbrakes and gear. Maybe "movable" but not "working" if you get what I mean.

That's my main fear of the "new" Night Raven---it may look like the original, but I kinda doubt it'll have working airbrakes and gear. Maybe "movable" but not "working" if you get what I mean.

I worry about it being fat and bloated with tiny wings and a gimmick that takes up too much space and affects the proportions in a horrible way. That plane is famous for being sleek, and its next gen version should be the same. Working gear would kick ass.

And work better than the Skystriker...

Yes it did. The bad thing about the Skystriker was that the gear and the wings were interlocked. Way to kill storage space with the gear down, and, as a kid, recreating DACM scenes from Top Gun was awkward seeing the gear down. I seem to be the only one dissapointed with that though.

Gimmick wise, of all the gijoe planes, the Night Raven had the best. The Phantom X-19 was probably 2nd best.

Oh and David, you forgot the Night Raven's internal bomb rack. THAT was awesome. Reaked of F-105 Thunderchief/A-12.

Can anyone think of any of these figs that could be customized into Macross figs without too much work? So far I'm thinking Duke's head with some resin hair and a pilot suit might pass for a Roy. Anyone else have any ideas/suggestions?

I loved my Phantom X-19. Had it in mint condition and my parents gave it away. :cry:

I had 2 Night Ravens but IIRC one part was broken on both of them... annoyed the hell out of me...

Night Raven:

Sheer looks, sheer size alone is enough. But it's got the best gimmicks of any Joe plane. Landing gear plus airbrakes? Bottom-entry cockpit? Dorsal turret? Missile pods? All awesome. And work better than the Skystriker...

If you mean airbrake by 'plastic flap with gun attached to it' and landing gear that sometimes gets stuck inside.

I think I need to sell this thing.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Sleekest plane in the line, even til now, and the best Cobra jet ever designed. I don't see it as cumbersome at all. What other Cobra jet looks better, the Hurricane, the Rattler? The gimmicks work seamlessly as well. Neither of them look as good. You want to talk about cumbersome, look at the Thunderwing. That bloated thing with tiny wings is nowhere near sleek.

You and I both man. I am hoping for a new mold classic Skystriker. I want both man, the new one, and a new one based on the old. It doesn't help that I love both the YF-23 and F-14.

You know what? I am just putting Ace in my 1/18 scale F/A-18C from BBI. I am not a big fan of the Hornet but it is the best we got. I am betting the yf-23 is gonna be goofy scaled.

I mean airbrake by "plastic flap with holes in it mounted on the upper surface of the wing trailing edge". And there's 2.

All I hear is awesome! Night Raven was fantastic. One of the planes I begged my parents for, but never got.

I am betting the yf-23 is gonna be goofy scaled.

I'm actually optimistic if we do get one. Hasbro knows the goofy scaled vehicles didn't sell too well. Also the 25th line has shown them that gimmicks aren't really necessary to sell.

My biggest beef with a YF-23 styled Skystriker, it needs to be cast in cobra blue instead of AF-gery/white. THink about it, they are reissuing the Conquest, which is kind of a grey/tan right? Sit the conquest next to a cobra blue YF-23, and what do you have? The GI Joe equivalent of Macross Plus!!!!

Also I fear that might just reissue this:

the 1992 Stormeagle

stormeagle_box.jpg

I remember having this, including the lame water gun in it.

Looks the new halls of heros characters have been decided based on HISSTANK.com news.

WINNERS OF “HALL OF HEROES” ONLINE POLL ANNOUNCED DURING ANNUAL GI JOE CONVENTION

Frisco, Texas -- June 28, 2008 – Hasbro announced the results of the online poll to determine the top 10 figures in the G.I. JOE vs. COBRA 3 ¾” single carded line, today at the annual International G.I. JOE Collectors Convention.

Over the past 1 ½ years, 62 individual figures have been created in celebration of the wildly popular storyline, as part of a collection commemorating the 25th Anniversary of the legendary G.I. JOE VS. COBRA saga that has captivated kids and fans since it’s introduction in 1982. After 77,000 online votes were cast, the winning figures to be inducted into the G.I. JOE “Hall of Heroes” are:

So the new hall off of heros are of the following:

1 Snake Eyes and Timber (2007 Wave 1)

2 Firefly

3 B.A.T.

4 White Storm Shadow (2007 Wave 4)

5 Beach Head

6 Cobra Viper (2008 Wave 3)

7 Crimson Guard

8 Flint (2007 Wave 1)

9 Zartan (2007 Wave 3)

10 Snake Eyes in All Black (2008 Wave 1)

“The Hall of Heroes not only celebrates what the fans like most in the G.I. JOE vs. COBRA saga,” said Michael Ritchie, Director of Marketing, G.I. JOE, “it is a bridge between the celebration of the storyline’s 25th anniversary and the kick-off to one of the most exciting years ever in the history of G.I. JOE” With induction into the G.I. JOE Hall of Heroes comes a new version of the top ten figures. Each will be released with unique deco and commemorative packaging. The “Hall of Heroes” line will be released in spring 2009.

I cannot believe SE is on there twice and No CC. WTF? I hope the new deco is nothing really offensive colors. I would rather see Flint in cartoon colors.

I'd buy "cartoon colors" for nearly all those figs. (though a couple are already pretty close--no point in a new Beachhead IMHO)

Cartoon colored V2 Snake Eyes is coming in an upcoming DVD pack, I think the one with Quick Kick. Look black, but if you look at some pictures next to Quick Kick, the figure is actually dark greyish purple like the animation! It looks like most of the body is actually a new mold.

Still not having much luck finding the rest of wave 8, and I've been reading reports on Hisstank that wave 9 & the new vehicles are already out ..... frak.

:huh:

Saturday I was able to score most of Wave 9. I missed the B.A.T and passed on the Storm Shadow figure. Most of the walmarts in my area restocked on wave 7 big time. I've never seen so many Spirits, Snake Eyes, and Vipers. One of the wal Marts even restocked wave 8 as well. I've yet to see the vehicles in store, but I bet I see them this week in one of the walmarts that I've been able to score most of my finds. Bazooka is the largest figure of all of Joes so Far. He almost seems out of scale with the rest of the line. Is he supposed to be a large man in the comics?

Yes, and he gained a few pounds when he showed up in the DDP books too.

Cool. I didn't notice how large he was until I posed him next to one of my snake eyes figures. I kept think of that episode in South Park where Cartman entered the special Olympics and was wearing that helmet.

That Cobra paratrooper is off the hook. Are they making Ripcord to go with him?

I haven't heard yet.

those five packs are awesome, and with individual joe's hitting the $8 mark, makes it worth skipping on the single packs and going for the comic, DVD and five packs.

The multipacks are definitely a bargain now, especially the upcoming DVD packs.

Well Ace should get a mask. he looks like a helo pilot. Still Isnt skyduster Starduster? Man, what the hell is tat robot thingy? All the other figures look cool.

NM on the the robot thingy. I read up on Wraith. Looks cool but dunno how he will fit in the joe universe as I dont collect the DD comics. I may steal the paratrooper mask for Ace. The cobra paratroopers would make great customs for SEAL or Spec Ops HALO jumpers. I mean hell they have the HK MP5.

Man, what the hell is tat robot thingy? All the other figures look cool.

You mean the BAT? That's one of the best-known figures/characters. That's one of my most-wanted figs since I heard about the 25th line. (technically it's B.A.T. but few people use the periods)

Anybody know of final/comparison pics for Dusty? Is he only in that DVD pack with Serpentor and the BAT? Because I'd prefer a red-mask BAT, and I do want Dusty, so I might just buy that pack instead of those 2 individually--but only if the DVD-pack Dusty is very "normal". (His face stripes look too "extreme" from that pic)

You mean the BAT? That's one of the best-known figures/characters. That's one of my most-wanted figs since I heard about the 25th line. (technically it's B.A.T. but few people use the periods)

Anybody know of final/comparison pics for Dusty? Is he only in that DVD pack with Serpentor and the BAT? Because I'd prefer a red-mask BAT, and I do want Dusty, so I might just buy that pack instead of those 2 individually--but only if the DVD-pack Dusty is very "normal". (His face stripes look too "extreme" from that pic)

This guy:

GI_JOE_2009_PRODUCT_IMAGES_04.jpg

It was the Wraith not the BAT. Some new character from DD comics which I dont care to read after they killed off Flash.

Edited by Godzilla