25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

but she's a blonde in the cartoon David

The only true way to know is under the covers.

More details on the G.I. Joe:Resolute YF-23 Skystriker:

-2 seater

-RAH Skystriker stripes on the wings(me personally, I think this might look a bit corny, but I haven't seen it yet, maybe I will change my mind after seeing a cell).

-chosen because the design team thought it looked cooler, and know it was better than the YF-22.

Resolute toys will start hitting in spring, leading up to the movie toys hitting in summer and a lot of vehicles will be released next year, but Hasbro hasn't said or shown which ones yet. By 2010 Hasbro is looking at how to balance toys for the movie, classic(anniversary), and Resolute lines. I predict an Indiana Jones/Star Wars format; same packaging, different inserts, subtitles denoting which era the character/vehicle is from, and all in the same scale/style.

That's an awfully reddish-brown shade of blonde then:

Watch the mass device. She was introduced as a blonde when she and timber got the bobbytrapped canister that contained the radioactive crystals out of the base. Covergirl wikipedia. Later in the cartoons she was a redhead to follow the figure that was released for the Wolverine.

Watch the mass device. She was introduced as a blonde when she and timber got the bobbytrapped canister that contained the radioactive crystals out of the base. Covergirl wikipedia. Later in the cartoons she was a redhead to follow the figure that was released for the Wolverine.

BAM! What Godzilla said ^_^

post-515-1217238093_thumb.jpg

besides, we know it's your self proclaimed Redhead fetish influencing your demand :lol:

You got Scarlett for your ginger, so I say First Cartoon appearance Trumps.

it does, but you don't see a slight resemblance to the Prometheus?

I see no resemblence at all besides that fact they are both somewhat based on old school Nimitz designs, back when they still had the fingers at the end of the catapult runs.

Managed to place an order for one of the SDCC Cobra Commander (black) with podium exclusive figures from HTS.com!!

I think they're sold out now, but keep checking, because they might post more stock!!

And don't forget the promotion code for 10% off: COMIC2008!!

Good luck.

besides, we know it's your self proclaimed Redhead fetish influencing your demand :lol:

Damn straight. However, I say "normal" cartoon appearance trumps first. Otherwise, we'd have blue 'n purple SnakeEyes and blue 'n mustard Baroness. First appearances are rarely "on-model" it seems---or they change them early on, then the next 50 eps are consistent.

Managed to place an order for one of the SDCC Cobra Commander (black) with podium exclusive figures from HTS.com!!

I think they're sold out now, but keep checking, because they might post more stock!!

Good luck.

Aw crap. I was in a hurry to get the fig I didnt use the promo. I got 6 black CCs. I was screwed for 45 min on the hasbro server. I had the 1 blue cc in my cart but the servers dumped. I am quite upset I dont have a blue CC.

6 black CCs??? Wow. I thought there was a limit of 1 per customer, that's what I had read on hisstank.com.

By the time I hit the site, there were no blue CCs left in stock.

:mellow:

I ordered then reordered, and then reordered again. We will see if they allow for it. I cannot I beleive I sat for 45 min for the blue cc and i couldnt get it.

Damn straight. However, I say "normal" cartoon appearance trumps first. Otherwise, we'd have blue 'n purple SnakeEyes and blue 'n mustard Baroness. First appearances are rarely "on-model" it seems---or they change them early on, then the next 50 eps are consistent.

Uh we kinda already do

post-515-1217274727_thumb.jpgpost-515-1217274732_thumb.jpg

Sides we'll probably end up with both. Like the OG Lady Jaye and the Cartoon style

Yeah, but my point was that the "most common" appearance should be the "main" one, and the "first appearance" should come only later, if ever.

Thus, the first Cover Girl figure we get should have auburn hair, and then, maybe, possibly, eventually later---a blonde one. But do not make blonde, then make us wait for a "normal" one.

Yeah, but my point was that the "most common" appearance should be the "main" one, and the "first appearance" should come only later, if ever.

Thus, the first Cover Girl figure we get should have auburn hair, and then, maybe, possibly, eventually later---a blonde one. But do not make blonde, then make us wait for a "normal" one.

I agree with that. Make the variants later like they are doing for Flint. However, they need to hurry up on the cartoon version of flint.

Yup, I'm passing on all Flints until we get a cartoon one. (With a new head sculpt preferably). Would also like cartoon season 2 Roadblock (with new head sculpt preferably).

I'd like a cartoonish Duke, but not with such PURE YELLOW hair. Yellower than the regular fig yes, but not yellow like the McDonald's logo.

(basically, I want my figures to follow the cartoon colors/patterns---just don't have such EXACT matches to the animation cel colors---it just doesn't work a lot of the time)

(ironically, cartoon Lady Jaye is one of the few that's actually too realistic IMHO----needs more intense colors)

Just to spite you I hope that they do the Blonde one carded and the Red Head butch haired one only with the Wolverine :lol:

post-515-1217286553_thumb.jpg

Blonde or Red, she needs an update. She fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch.

Edited by chowyunskinny

Good luck.

Sweet, Titanium Skywarp is now available. Now I can repaint the one I did for SW to a custom new figure.

So my Joe collection is pretty small still, but it's growing and I moved them from the two book shelves they were occupying to the top of my dresser (note does not account for my whole collection because duplicate named figures are gonna be stored elsewhere). The two exceptions to the named figure rule is I have two Storm Shadows (one Cobra and one Joe... PARADOX) and two Dukes (cause I just used Duke Vs Redstar Duke as a green shirt officer). Tigerforce flint is driving the HAVOC (why? I have no idea, he just wanted to).

Here's the joes and carded figures (carded figure was taken at night so it's crap, need to take a new one. Or get a real camera).

post-772-1217304719_thumb.jpg

post-772-1217304812_thumb.jpg

post-772-1217304847_thumb.jpg

post-772-1217304905_thumb.jpg

post-772-1217304966_thumb.jpg

post-772-1217304980_thumb.jpg

I would love for Hasbro to re-issue a 25th version of this Cover Girl - from a 3-pack comic pack: Agent Courtney Krieger.

A much nicer version IMHO.

B))

Agent Courtney Krieger - Armored Vehicle Expert

http://www.yojoe.com/action/06/agentcourtneykrieger.shtml

Edited by Vermillion21

I would love for Hasbro to re-issue a 25th version of this Cover Girl - from a 3-pack comic pack: Agent Courtney Krieger.

A much nicer version IMHO.

B))

Agent Courtney Krieger - Armored Vehicle Expert

http://www.yojoe.com/action/06/agentcourtneykrieger.shtml

oooh nice... I'd like to have Serpentor's clone brother there. and yeah, that Covergirl is sweet!

DVD packs are sweet. I liked the figures better than I thought I would. Dive suit Baroness is amazing with very cool accessories. And I am loving the anime accurate figs of Destro, Lady J, Stalker, and Roadblock. Radiation SE is cool too. DVD shows are classic, but the video quality is pretty poor.

Hey guys, came across a variant that I have not seen before....package does not looked tampered with. In the new Iron Grenadiers Comic 2 pack, instead of destro's head being gold or silver....its black with red eyes. All the other packs were with gold heads except this one. Was wondering if anyone found something similiar?

I think it's a "1 in 4" case variant.

Yeah, you might want to hold on to that one esp. if it you still have it MOC, the variants in this line so far go for a fair bit of money and/or trade value.

Target restock---they still have just the 4 Scarlett comic packs, but lots of new (and almost new) figs.

BAT/Hawk wave, 2-4 of each fig. 2 or so of each from the previous 2 waves. VAMP. All the Hawks had very "curved" cards (not that I care much, but it makes it hard to store the file cards when they're not flat) Also, figs are $7.99 now, yeesh. I usually only buy about 2 per wave, but it still adds up.

I see the DVD packs all over now, mainly at Wal-Marts.

The last few weeks I've bought a ton of Joes.

1)Wave 5 comic packs--(No black headed Destro)

2)Both dvd packs

3)Wave 9-- Hawk, BBQ, Bazooka, Snow serpent

4) vehicles-Vamp, Trouble bubble set

I've yet to see the Bats in the stores.