25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

I sympathize with those of you who are having a difficult time finding 25th Joes at retail, cause I am in the same boat. I've rarely seen them in stock, and when I do, it's usually whatever someone else has left behind, and typically the cards are bent/damaged. Hell, I've only ever seen a complete wave available at retail twice - except the comic packs. And I have NEVER seen the TRU exclusives, I caved and ended up buying 2 of 'em on eBay for not too much markup.

<_<

@baronv - Dude, I know what you mean, what the heck is up with Joe collectors on Hisstank who buy like 10x of each figure, then post what they bought to gloat on the forums??? WTH???

Ok, I am meeting up with a fellow hisstank member. He got me tons of vipers. He found wave 8 and wave 4 comic packs today at his local walmart. I am hitting up my walmarts after I meet up with him. He cleaned out the walmart of wave 8s (not much from what he told me). If you need any joes, let me know. I know hunting joes is a PITA, so I am willing to help out.

Does anyone think that Hasbro will ever release an accessory pack: Duke's flight pack, additional weapons, helmets, backpacks like they did with the original RAH line?

I used to like the old accessory packs. Except for the funky colors they came in. If they had done blacks and greys, I'd have liked them much better than the magenta and the like we got instead.

really looking foward to these ^_^

post-515-1211524447_thumb.jpgpost-515-1211524455_thumb.jpg

okay those are just plain awesome! I've always wanted my own weather dominator... and tangler vines too (they require only a drop of water)...

But Can the Dominator break into it's three component parts? if not that's just lame... GI Joe and Cobra need to play hockey with the power core at the roof of the world.

Ok, I am meeting up with a fellow hisstank member. He got me tons of vipers. He found wave 8 and wave 4 comic packs today at his local walmart. I am hitting up my walmarts after I meet up with him. He cleaned out the walmart of wave 8s (not much from what he told me). If you need any joes, let me know. I know hunting joes is a PITA, so I am willing to help out.

I may just take you up on that. I'm supposed to be trading for some this weekend, but I don't think I'm getting everything I need. I like to have 2 of each so that I can open one and keep the other carded.

Finally found wave 7 (well, most of it). Got HISS driver and Lackey Viper. Passed on Wild Bill. Note: HISS driver masks have WIDELY varying paint. None are perfect. Either the black is off (not enough/too high) on the "mouth" leaving too much red, or there's way too much silver from the visor spilling onto the "face". Just pick which one looks overall best.

With those DVD Battle sets... I'm just wondering it's kinda obvious what the first four will be...

-Mass Device

-Revenge of Cobra

-Pyramid of Darkness (with control cube? Zartan? Fatal Fluffy?)

-Arise Serpentor Arise (Clone Tank? Doctor Mindbender with DNA collector? Serpentor? Sgt Slaughter???)

But what will the 5th one be?

As I see it there are three options. the movie (Golobulous? Pythona with spore pod? Falcon?) if they want to stick just with sunbow... the other options could only be:

-Operation Dragonfire (not sure what you'd include with this as I couldn't stomach watching it)

-the anti-drug special (again not sure what would come with this that's all that special)

I'm fairly certain they will be available at most retail outlets.

The problem is, I've found all the 25th anniversary Joes to be a PITA to find at retail period. Stores typically have very little stock, or when I do find 'em, they are usually on beat up cards. Luckily, I am an opener and not really a MOC collector. So I decided to order from HTS, pay the little extra - just to ensure that I at least get 'em.

FYI: use "pony10" for 10% off at HTS if you are interested.

Edited by Vermillion21

"Cobra CLAWS is coming to town"---not a mini-series, but a special. And probably the main "Covergirl" ep. She'd make a great "pack-in-exclusive".

hmm... well there's no crazy devices you could include with Cobra CLAWS... What? Storm Shadow With Shrink-ray, rocking horse with mini-cobras and giant polly? LOL

Edit: was taking a look through the Hasbro toyshop, I might order some of the stuff there... I have one question though.

Does the "G.I. JOE ARMADILLO TANK vs. SERPENTOR’S AIR CHARIOT" pack come with the Devils Due inspired Serpentor, or a more classic looking one?

Double Edit: Will the Hasbro Toy Shop accept a Canadian credit card? can I just use my friend's info for shipping and account purposes but my payment address? I suppose if I use paypal it wouldn't even be able to tell huh?

Edited by lord_breetai

Could come with the trailer full of toys---awesome accessory if you already have an AWE Striker. (Though I passed on the one at Target)

Well... either way... Pyramid of Darkness and Arise Serpentor Arise, better be two of the remaining 3.

I want my control cube, cloning vat and DNA collector.

Well... either way... Pyramid of Darkness and Arise Serpentor Arise, better be two of the remaining 3.

I want my control cube, cloning vat and DNA collector.

Agreed.

:ph34r:

No luck with new Joes this morning, but my local stores seemed to have gotten the wave 7 refresher set with Firefly, Zartan, & SE v1. And count me in the group that is also getting tired of constant new versions of CC, SE, and SS. Let's some other characters please ...

Edited by Vermillion21

@ComicKaze - Dude, if I ever see one again at retail, I'll scoop it up for you and send you a PM. Won't charge more than retail + shipping mate.

That'd be amazing. Thanks Buddy. There isn't even a GI JOE section in Toys R Us here and Hasbro said that Wal-Mart Canada isn't allowed to import U.S. figures anymore.

Regarding the insane lengths we need to go just to find these fig's, I finally caved in and bought online the last three figures I've been eyeing (Flash, Torpedo, and IG Destro).

I guess I could've waited to see if they'd release more of these two waves. Or maybe, I could've waited a year until they released their "Hall of Heroes" sets. But I have a nagging suspicion not all three of these fig's would've made the greatest hits cut.

In any case, I've got the figures I want until Wave 9 comes around.

Wonder if we'll ever see Hasbro release the following in this line?

* Strato-Vipers (C'mon Hasbro, you know you can re-use the CG torso for these guys);

* Rip Cord (Why do I feel Hasbro won't do this figure because of potential confusion with the live-action movie character?);

* Tunnel Rat (And why hasn't this guy been made yet?!!); or

* Motor-Vipers (The STUN was a meh vehicle concept, but something about these guys' blue-on-blue uniforms just worked.
B))
)

Wonder if we'll ever see Hasbro release the following in this line?

* Strato-Vipers (C'mon Hasbro, you know you can re-use the CG torso for these guys);

* Rip Cord (Why do I feel Hasbro won't do this figure because of potential confusion with the live-action movie character?);

* Tunnel Rat (And why hasn't this guy been made yet?!!); or

* Motor-Vipers (The STUN was a meh vehicle concept, but something about these guys' blue-on-blue uniforms just worked.
B))
)

Agreed! I'd love to see these in the 25th line too!!

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

@chowyunskinny - Doubt it. From what I've read on Hisstank, looks like the Target exclusives were a one time only deal. You might be able to acquire some from eBay from $20 or less. Good luck finding them mate.

And can you believe how many Cobra Vipers Agent-GHQ (I think he posts here as well) bought???

Holy action-figure Batman!!!

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10518

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

@chowyunskinny - Doubt it. From what I've read on Hisstank, looks like the Target exclusives were a one time only deal. You might be able to acquire some from eBay from $20 or less. Good luck finding them mate.

And can you believe how many Cobra Vipers Agent-GHQ (I think he posts here as well) bought???

Holy action-figure Batman!!!

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10518

Thanks for the heads up Vermillion21.

Guess it's a good thing I just bid on and won a sealed case of all 3 for $48.78 plus shipping from ebay.

Wonder how many of those Vipers and HISS Drivers are gonna end up on ebay