1/60 Arm Slaves from FMP

falcon14141

Yeah those models are bad with lots of large exposed holes and ball joints.

http://srblood.blog89.fc2.com/blog-entry-501.html

Well, that's part of the appeal for me. They're fun, quirky, quick builds, and unless you put weeks and weeks of effort into them they'll always look like toys. They're just fun to look at, and meant to be played with a little more than your average Gunpla-style model. Great for kids, too ;)

Well, that's part of the appeal for me. They're fun, quirky, quick builds, and unless you put weeks and weeks of effort into them they'll always look like toys. They're just fun to look at, and meant to be played with a little more than your average Gunpla-style model. Great for kids, too ;)

I guess so. But the "look like toys" part might be giving them a little too much credit. They really look like dime store model kits. I have the little "AS collection" figures that came out and they are pretty cool with similar articulation, come prepainted, and I paid less than that model for each figure. The only thing is that those were kind of "stuck" jointed when I got them and had to use EXTREME care not to rip the plastic while getting the parts unstuck from the joint.

• 1 month later...

aw, just realised those cheap mode locks come with big holes in the legs, I ordered some last week and they're already shipped. Too late to cancel :(

Looks like i'll have to try my hand at modding them, since i have some putty i can always fill up the holes.

aw, just realised those cheap mode locks come with big holes in the legs, I ordered some last week and they're already shipped. Too late to cancel :(

Looks like i'll have to try my hand at modding them, since i have some putty i can always fill up the holes.

Take review pics when you get it. I was on the fence on this figure so i didn't preorder.

1/60 Arbalest still looks good.

Yeah, shame about the price though :(

I gonna try and see if i can make my mode locks look better when they arrive. Since they were quite cheap i can afford to mess with them with my dodgy modelling skills :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like Aoshima is entering the fray with a 1/48 M9 Gernsback. Roughly 17cm tall.

Info and image from Ngee Khiong.

3378150331_30cfda58b1_o.jpg

Will be interesting to see how this compares to Alters entry concerning details, gimmicks and what materials will be used.

Sigh... I waited so long, no company wanted to do anything good with this property.

Eventually Alter comes around and I pre-order thinking now or never because no one else is interested.

Less than six months later and everybody is jumping into the hot whirlpool to get their share.

I won't be canceling because I still like the scale, detail and gimmicks on Alters ARX-7.

Still it's going to be very interesting as to which company will take the crown for best Arm Slave toy/figure.

Here some more pics of the Robot Spirits version:

o0600080010156918235.jpg

n024.jpg

n025.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

074.jpg

tamashii_11.jpg

003.jpg

Bandai really opened up a can of whoop-butt on Alter by adding these to the Damashii line. Is the scale really that different? I think most Robot Spirits toys are 5" tall and I think the Alter figure will be roughly 6". Granted, you probably won't have the opening cockpit (maybe) or as crisp detailing with the Bandai version but you will end up with a much higher selection of arm slaves to add to the collection in the future all which will cost about one-fourth the price. Bandai is doing such crazy things right now they might even make a scale Damashii Behemoth on down the road. I did see where Alter is making the other Urzu team arm slaves but how long will they take to make it out? We'll probably be able to get the whole Bandai version of the Urzu team plus 2 enemy mechs for the price of one Alter figure before Alter even releases the second figure in their line.

I'm really thinking about canceling my order for the Alter version now.

I saw this a little while back and was very excited... Was hard to hold back from buying. Can anyone tell me if the shotgun can mount to the back (where the knife generally mounts)? I could have sworn I remember I scene from the anime where the shotgun was mounted there horizontally. In addition, someone's gonna have to cast a 1/60th scale shotgun shell =P

• 3 weeks later...

New info on Aoshima's Arm Slave from Ngee Khiong:

1/48 M9 Gernsback - 18cm tall. Painting required. Fully poseable, with movable cockpit hatch. Wide array of weapons and accessories included: Anti-Tank Dagger, Monomolecular Cutter, "Boxer" 57mm Scattershot Gun, and rifle cases.

July release, 3,990 Yen (inclusive of tax).

srwhotnews_aoshima_m9.jpgsrwhotnews_aoshima_m9b.jpg

The thing looks good, but also rather plain. Might still be a prototype being pictured.

Aoshima has got guts start the line with the M9 instead of the "hero mecha" Arbalest.

-----------------

Oh, and if any mods are reading this by chance, could you please change the title of this thread

to something more general like "Toy/Model Arm Slaves from FMP". Thank you.

The Alter one is gorgeous but the price is higher then I am to prepared to pay for a non transformable mecha. I would if it was a very well done Kaname or Sousuke, FMP is more about the characters then the mecha for me. Too bad there are very few good figures for FMP in general.

Leaves the Aoshima kits and the Robot spirits line. Similar price range but 1/48 and selfbuilding versus 12 cm(1/72?) and finished. hmm, I'll probably end up buying the Damashii line with the 1/72 VF25s still on the shelf to build.

It's me again, keeping this thread alive.

Anyway more info on Aoshima's 1/48 M9 Gernsback (Ngee Khiong):

18cm tall. Painting required. Fully poseable, with movable cockpit hatch.

Wide array of weapons and accessories included: Anti-Tank Dagger, Monomolecular Cutter, "Boxer" 57mm Scattershot Gun, and rifle cases.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

I still think ALTER's pricier Arbalest has the advantage, can't wait until may rolls around.

It's me again, keeping this thread alive.

Anyway more info on Aoshima's 1/48 M9 Gernsback (Ngee Khiong):

18cm tall. Painting required. Fully poseable, with movable cockpit hatch.

Wide array of weapons and accessories included: Anti-Tank Dagger, Monomolecular Cutter, "Boxer" 57mm Scattershot Gun, and rifle cases.

I still think ALTER's pricier Arbalest has the advantage, can't wait until may rolls around.

Looks great. I think these ones may be better than alters in terms of price. Painting ain't so bad as long as its not difficult and its at 1/48 scale which is a much better size, about the size of a MG gundam kit, i feel alters 1/60 is too over priced for something so small when other figures with the same kind of size and detail is way cheaper.