Back in Tokyo and the mail order sets are in. Once I have them repacked and ready to ship I will pm the members that ordered them their totals.

thegunny

sil80jdm

ZX31

crasis

Nice! I look forward to receiving them. I agree that this set is a nice bonus to those who ordered the whole set, and I really appreciate you doing this for us.

Edited by Zx31

Anyone have pictures of the mail order stuff? Any way to get them without buying all four?

Vostok 7

So far I've only seen this eBay auction if you're looking to get a set and didn't get in on the mail-in offer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;Category=1345

Pictures here:

http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/yamato/gamu05/gamu05.html

Edited by Zx31

Back in Tokyo and the mail order sets are in. Once I have them repacked and ready to ship I will pm the members that ordered them their totals.

thegunny

sil80jdm

ZX31

crasis

Thanks for the update, Save! I've been looking forward to these for awhile now! As usual, you are full of awesome for doing this!

I apologize ahead of time for some of the blurriness. I'm still using my 4 year old Nikon and I was trying to take these without a tripod.

post-7532-1231007374_thumb.jpg

The boxes are identical except for the sticker in the upper left of the Metallic Version.

post-7532-1231007380_thumb.jpg

As I hope you'll be able to see in these photos, everything has been replaced with metallic paint with the exception of the tires(obviously), bike seat and Cannon handle, which are now matte black.

post-7532-1231007384_thumb.jpg

post-7532-1231007388_thumb.jpg

post-7532-1231007394_thumb.jpg

post-7532-1231007401_thumb.jpg

post-7532-1231007405_thumb.jpg

Metallic Version Priss on the left. She seems to be a slightly darker shade of blue and grey compared to the original.

post-7532-1231007409_thumb.jpg

One thing I noticed on both Priss and the metallic Motoslave were the tighter joints. Everything felt much more sold in the new figure compaired to the original.

post-7532-1231007413_thumb.jpg

post-7532-1231007417_thumb.jpg

post-7532-1231007422_thumb.jpg

While I don't plan on transforming this figure very often, I didn't notice any chipping or wear during the first conversion and it seems that the metallic finish is pretty durable.

Is anyone able to make comparisons between the Yamato figures (original or metallic) versus the Atelier Sai figures? I have the latter, and have resisted picking up the Yamato versions as, from photos, it seems the Atelier Sai figures are a bit more poseable.

Without being able to make a real comparison, however, it's really just my hunch.

What's the consensus as far as the model kits versus the Yamato toy?

As in, if you're only planning on getting one, or one series, which should it be?

Edited by RavenHawk

post-22-1231587630_thumb.jpg

post-22-1231588071_thumb.jpg

From my latest purchase on Yahoo Auctions. Something you might want to consider is why both the $70 Yamato toy and the new model kit look substantially worse than a 20 year old model kit.

I like the head sculpt on that one.

Wow, that metallic version looks pretty hot. MUCH better than the original unpainted. Anyone want an original one? ^_^

Vostok 7

Sure.

I'm still hoping for the Typhoon, not just the Hurricane, to be made, but doesn't look too likely.

• 2 weeks later...
post-22-1231587630_thumb.jpg

post-22-1231588071_thumb.jpg

From my latest purchase on Yahoo Auctions. Something you might want to consider is why both the $70 Yamato toy and the new model kit look substantially worse than a 20 year old model kit.

I would say it's because of the need for transformation because wasn't that a static model? (looks really nice though)

Stopped by a toy shop during lunch and found the limited metallic red Priss for about 80 USD. Figured it would be the only decently presentable Motoslave, so I said my Yamato-QC prayers and plonked down the cash for it. Hope it's as nice as the paint job looks! :-)

I accidentally knocked mine of the display shelf and other than the front chestpeice popping off and Priss ejecting from the suit in an attempt to save herself, the figure didn't so much as scratch. My Metallic holds up much better than my original.

Stopped by a toy shop during lunch and found the limited metallic red Priss for about 80 USD. Figured it would be the only decently presentable Motoslave, so I said my Yamato-QC prayers and plonked down the cash for it. Hope it's as nice as the paint job looks! :-)

LOL........how quickly some people give into temptation and forget their resolutions.

I give you exhibit A: -

I know *I* am not buying any Yamato products for a long, long time.

17 days! not exactly a long time eh Drifand? :p :P :p

Graham

OK, the metallic Motoslave is a BEAUTY. Don't let it be said that I hate Yamato for the wrong reasons... it's almost never about the presentation. The completed motoslave mode looks fantastic next to my gaggle of CM's ridearmors. I can only hope more of these metallic versions get released eventually... I'd like to have at least one more color in bike mode for display.

HOWEVER... the transformation, yikes! I was prepared for the 'parts-former' blues but it's really the intricate number of twists and turns on so many joints that got to me. It really looks like I'll never be able to get it back to bike mode without the manual. The closest thing I've experienced to this level of frustration is probably MP Megatron...

If only key parts of the toy were made of diecast, I'd be a lot less apprehensive. Hello Beagle? Looking for more interesting projects? :-)

Edited by drifand

I like the Motoslave, it's just soooooo fiddly to get it posed nicely in Slave mode.

Now that the ultimate transforming motorcycle has finally been done justice, my Garland and Motoslave just aren't as interesting anymore :( I think the Motoslave would have been much better if it was significantly larger.

Vostok 7

I like the Motoslave, it's just soooooo fiddly to get it posed nicely in Slave mode.

Now that the ultimate transforming motorcycle has finally been done justice, my Garland and Motoslave just aren't as interesting anymore :( I think the Motoslave would have been much better if it was significantly larger.

Vostok 7

Here's hoping for a Beagle Motoslave...

LOL........how quickly some people give into temptation and forget their resolutions.

I give you exhibit A: -

17 days! not exactly a long time eh Drifand? :p :P :p

Graham

Oh, yeah... got me. Better retcon that into "Yamato-made Macross toys" :-)

Matter of fact: I just swept clean my shelves and packed off almost every single Yamato-made Macross toy back into their boxes and deep-sixed them into storage. Only Yammie left is Konig Monster. I feel clean now..