Will there be a Yamato SV-51 toy?

deathdealer

IMO the SV-51 isn't FUGLY, it's different. It's a very slim design which is potentially problematic for Yamato to turn into a sturdy toy. There's a thread somewhere in the model section showing a kitbash of an SV-51 in Gerwalk mode. That thing looks like it will fall apart into a heap of plastic if you look at it the wrong way.

BTW. Isn't it weird that the SV-51 even has a Gerwalk mode? I mean, two different companies both design a fighter that transforms into a robot, and both design have an 'inbetween' mode? Wasn't Gerwalk mode something dicovered by accident during the development of the VF-1? :mellow:

Am I the only one that noticed that the SV-51 is FUGLY in every mode other than fighter?

It is fugly because this a mecha's enemy!

But I like it because the sv 51 is different and looks very agressive.it looks like an alien in battroid mode with its deplied wings.

I agree the fighter mode is wonderfull!

I think the toy will be very fragile because of its transformation cinematic.

Just hope it will have the telescopic head like in the canyon battle when Ivanov fight with Roy .

But if they solve the cinematic problem, I hope that will help to solve the vf4 cinematic problem in a view to produce a 1/48 or a 1/60 vf4. :D

Edited by daisuki

Seems transformation is a lot like that of the YF-19's. A lot of folding section on the nose and neck part. Locking mechanism of the legs in fighter mode will be done by the wing. Pivoting head i guess and it would be really great if Yamato can copy the telescopic head just like on the canyon scene ont he OVA and of course the folding wings would be a great additional gimmick on this toy. :)

i would buy it! though it could use some meat since it looks like it trying to be americas next top model. :D

edit: below is my opinion on the nora scheme...

i probably wouldn't buy a canon version, i don't partcularily care for the color, it hurts my eyes. i'd get a non-canon color scheme though....

Edited by do not disturb

I wouldn't mind them putting a little meat on the waist to make a stable platform to stand on.

Not familiar enough with transformation, would that result in the equivalent of the YF-19's "gullet"? I suppose that's unavoidable to accomodate the beefy front landing gear.

i probably wouldn't buy a canon version, i don't partcularily care for the color, it hurts my eyes. i'd get a non-canon color scheme though....

You don't like DD's scheme? It's one of the coolest canon Macross schemes IMO.

Edited by ghostryder

I like the SV 51 a lot.

The Fighter mode is absolutely bad ass.

It's like the evil bastard son of an F-18 super hornet and an SU-35. I love the fuselage, and the cockpit/canopy, and I love the jagged wing design and all the protruding fins, canards, wing tips, thrust vector paddles etc. It has a great profile in F mode. So menacing.

The only thing that I don't love about it is whatever is mounted on the furthest ends of the wings. What are those? Fuel tanks? Rocket pods? I don't like how the heaviest armaments are mounted on the hard points furthest from the plane's center of gravity. Seems like it would slow down it's roll rate, but what do I know?

I love the Gerwalk mode too.

The Battroid mode?...Yeah, I'm still on the fence about it. It looks very gargoyle influenced. I get what they were trying to do with the design, I'm just not sure how successful B mode specifically was. For a while I considered it the ugliest Battroid mode of any macross design ever, but I admit it is growing on me.

In the end I like the SV 51 a lot more than most of the Mac 7 mecha. The VF 17, VF 19, and all the Varauta mechs look like kid's toy space ships, or Go Bots, or something.

PS. I agree with most of you, Nora's scheme is hideous. Ivanov's is perfect.

you're absolutely right, i don't know how i got them mixed up? :blink:

that cheap ass grape candy color of the nora scheme is what i'm thinking of.....yuck!

Well she is the Milla of the series, in both colours and attitude, all shes really missing is green hair and a 50 foot stride.