Hey Graham...

Thai Boxer 9901

Are we ever going to see some transformation videos for the 1/48 VF-1's and reviews of the ones that have come out over the past couple of years like the VF-1S (Hikaru), VF-1A (Kakizaki), VF-1A (Angel Birds), Both Low-Viz VF-1A's, GBP Armor (Ver.1), VF-1J, Both Stealth VF-1J's, Low Viz Camo GBP Armor, Urban GBP Armor

And what about the reviews and videos for the 1/60 VF-0S and VF-0A???

If you've seen one 1/48 transform, you've seen 'em all. Why would each release need its own separate review. "The 1S Hikaru is just like the 1S Focker... except the yellow has been replaced with red." The end. :)

I mean, I felt guilty when I put a separate AngelBirds gallery up on my site just because it seems I was giving way too much attention the 1/48 line.

Macrossworld isn't just a forum. I think Graham has been trying to get that message across for years....:lol:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/_toys_yamato.htm

for the 1/60 VF-0 and more.

And yes, it is pointless to review the same thing with a different colour over and over again. General QC issues yes, otherwise there is not much to talk about.

Edited by kensei

Are we ever going to see some transformation videos for the 1/48 VF-1's and reviews of the ones that have come out over the past couple of years like the VF-1S (Hikaru), VF-1A (Kakizaki), VF-1A (Angel Birds), Both Low-Viz VF-1A's, GBP Armor (Ver.1), VF-1J, Both Stealth VF-1J's, Low Viz Camo GBP Armor, Urban GBP Armor

And what about the reviews and videos for the 1/60 VF-0S and VF-0A???

There's been a review up of the VF-0S since it was first released in early May 2006.

I'm planning a review of the VF-0A CF soon, as IMO it merits it's own review due to the improved joints. I'm also planning a VF-0 video transformation guide soon.

As for a 1/48 video guide, I did one years ago see:here.

As for other 1/48 repaints, they probably won't get full reviews, but I'll eventually post some pics and write a few comments.

Graham

Hey Graham, I got one:

How are your connections with the folks at Bandai? Tell them we want a PG/MG valk kit, or a SOC valk! Or at least something that rivals Yamato's stuff like an updated 1/55. I'm sick of the lacking QC, bugs, and paying between 100-200 dollars a pop! You know, I don't like Toynami, but I'll give them credit, at least they're trying to give us a nice product at a decent price. The 1/100 valks are a VAST improvement over the MPC'S.

Non-existant unfortunately!

But I seriously doubt we will ever see a PG, MG or SOC Valk. Bandai has never had much love for Macross.

Graham

I forget. Was the Firevalk reissue the last Macross product they put out? How can they not love Macross?! They played such a large part in making it what it is today! You need to make a friend in Bandai and talk sense into him dammit!

I forget. Was the Firevalk reissue the last Macross product they put out? How can they not love Macross?! They played such a large part in making it what it is today! You need to make a friend in Bandai and talk sense into him dammit!

Your best bet is xstoys. He has the proto sculpts for the new heads that were to be utilized on the bandai reissues, but for some reason bandai did not use them. For what its worth, I would say credit for making macross what it is today goes more towards takatoku rather than bandai, bandai pretty much "picked up the scraps". If takatoku never went bust, bandai would have never gotten their molds. The only new things bandai did were the DYRL valks and the HCMs(which I hope dearly that they make it into the HCMpro offshoot line which bandai is asking fans for feedback on amongst other mecha anime). (1/200 is TINY for them so perhaps they are aiming for 1/100 or even 1/72 like the old HCM?).

With bandai they would have to come up with something that Yamato hasn't already made. So far Yamato has the bases covered for most of the valks that fans have wanted. Nonetheless, I hope for an SOC-esque valkyrie from bandai one day, just to see what they can pull off with modern engineering and such.

I believe the stealth valk was the last one they reissued.

And to be fair, toynami only STARTED giving us toys at a decent price with the 1/100. i don't think any of us thought their msrp for the MPC's was decent at all, as a matter of fact, the price on the MPC's alone was enough for nearly everyone to condemn them(which happened).

Yamato's in japan are priced decently, though its been brought up on occasion that prices started increasing I believe a year or 2 ago(there was a big discussion about this a long while ago on the boards, I forgot who brought it up but it had something to do with markups and actual prices vs what we pay for or something like that).

I'd like to see a review of the 1/48 GBP parts myself.

I know it's not the same as an official MW review but I've done a pretty exhausting review of them on my site. If ya haven't checked it out and are thinking about buying one you definitely should. Click the linky in the sig...

The top of the head comes off? I didn't know that. It's not supposed to!

Never had it come of on my VF-0S. I'll have to try it when I go home tonight.

Graham

I haven't pulled the head too hard, it actually just poped off when i was transforming it once...maybe they forgot to glue that piece toguether or something, other than that my VF-0S came with no major flaws