1/2000 Macross and 1/32 scale YF 19 interest?

mslz22

So Nov 1 is upon us and i am about 5 or 6 days away from closing the big casting shop and moving on to scratchbuilding for spring releases. I have said in other threads that i was considering making both a 1/2000 scale DYRL macross cruiser, and a 1/32 scale yf 19, so the ? is how many people are really interested in kits assuming the cost will be around that of the monster.....any other suggestions for kits is welcome, but keep in mind that what i would prefer to build is the really unique big stuff....

thanks

mike

I'd be all over a 1/32 YF-19!

Would it come with pilot(s), landing gear, missiles, and fold device?

It would go great with my 1/35th VF-1S!

:)

-THOR

Edited by THOR

2 feet of SDF shaped resin, where to put it. I dont mind which one but I guess asking for the optional parts to make eaither is asking a bit much. If I had to chooose I`d say DYRL just because most of my stuff is DYRL.

Edited by big F

The scale on the YF-19 wouldn't fit with my other models, and I'm not a big fan of the SDF in cruiser mode, movie or TV. No main guns!

I'd like a big attack-mode SDF, movie or otherwise, though I'd like the TV better(Aircraft carriers and giant robot! :D )

Others...

What about the recovery pod that the Zentraedi use to recover the cat's eye in 1/72 scale to go with a cats eye?

or a big scale ARMD platform?

or the Theatre scout pod that spy's on the Minmei concert?

or the Zentraedi Landing craft in either 1/200 or 1/100(!) scale?

How about a 1/6 scale YF-19! My g/f would love that!

Wouldnt it be like one of those cars you can put your kids in and they can drive all over you lawn. I have seen a Porche one a Landrover and a Humvee one. Shame you cant get it to fly as your kids would be uber cool then.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the yf-19 Hasegawa decal line drawings scanned and blown up to 1/35th and sitting on my wall above my desk. It would be easy to plot out a 1/32nd scale version for your scratchbuilding..... I scanned in the vf-1 and vf-0, too, in fighter and battroid modes....

-THOR

Edited by THOR

I have the yf-19 Hasegawa decal line drawings scanned and blown up to 1/35th and sitting on my wall above my desk. It would be easy to plot out a 1/32nd scale version for your scratchbuilding..... I scanned in the vf-1 and vf-0, too, in fighter and battroid modes....

-THOR

That is pretty much what i planned on doing to get some basic blueprints, i am leaning more towards doing the Macross first but there does not seem to be too much interest in either right now.

thanks

mike

Just like the monster nooe really showed interest until the first images of parts arrived.

Seeing how you have a wing of the 19 done already id continue with that. Also the 19 is a simpler subject to master compared to the detail hog that the macross wil be. I say just pick the one that wont kill you to make. We all remember how sick you got during construction of the monster.

Nobody is going to buy a yf-19 when yamato is pushing out an almost perfect 1/48 any day now.

The macross itself is sorely lacking in quality offerings, especially in larger size (the key issue). Stick with that, make a mint and make my dreams come true.

Also I agree on retitling this thread to be more specific.

A cool diorama would be the Macross punching through a Star Wars battle ship or crushing a Star Trek ship.

:D Seeing the SDF-1 stomping an Enterprise would be soooooo funny. You could then display it at the next Trekkie convention and aggravate all the fanboys :)