Speculaton about the price of (future) 1/60 YF-21

ruskiiVFaussie

It seems to me that the VF-11B is a lot easier to develop than the YF-21. IMO the YF-21 uses a lot more anime magic.

I'll put my money on the VF-11B being released first.

There are more important factors that decides which gets made first, and it's popularity and prominance in the anime... hence of the two it should be the yf-21 if anything. Given how well the yf-19 is projected to do, I think it's only a matter of time we'll see CADs on hobby mags...

i don't see why people keep thinking the new yamato releases are going to be $200? :unsure:

all that being said, IMO, the 21 as well as the 19 won't be more than $150 shipped from HK. no one should pay more than that for these 2 releases. i paid $125 shipped for the konig monster, i paid $150 shipped for the VF-0 and both of those were the first toys of its kind. the 19 and 21 are nothing more than rehashes of past toys/models/resin kits.

It almost sounds like you're setting the price at will. :lol:

I really wish the prices you mention is what I can get one at.

No one's speculating this to be more expensive because we think so... the japanese retail price is higher than the vf-0 and many of the online toy stores are estimating it to be around $185 before shipping, hence that is where $200 shipped is coming from.

I'm going to buy my first from Neova which'll be $180 shipped to the US. $180 Shipped at Neova usually means you can probably get em at $170- if LUCKY$165 on ebay from HK w/ dent boxes and broken fins included. My money's going to Neova.

• 2 weeks later...

I for one do not see the YF19 going up as much in the past for the 1/72 scale. M+ just generated so much more buzz and demand for the toys. Now with the new YF19, new demand is not being generated. IMO it is mainly the old school collectors buying these. Having said all of this, I hope the price will be capped at $180. I for one am sick and tired of paying in the $200 range for any toys. <_<

I still perfer this rendition..

[pic omitted]

IMHO it captures the battloid better in overall form than the D-Stance. The D-stance has that head hood which sticks out, the intakes on the battloid are too high on the body and it's legs appear much too long and skinny. But it does capture the short body well. In the Yamato 1/72 the front fuselage that became the body was too long.

If there were any feasible features.. (Nothing like warping wings or being able to have smoke flare up from behind.) there would be...

-The Brain Direct Imaging System (BDI) displayed. A plate cover further behind the pilot in the fighter mode removed reveals the inner working of the the BDI sys. with all its cables and connections heading to the cockpit. There would also be the three camera sensors in front of the cockpit.

- A meditating Guld pilot visible from the cockpit bubble.

-Removeable plate covers in fighter mode for the rear engine, the missle bay and the head face and cover.

-Vectoring Tail fins

-Storable Missle bay near the wings

-An ingenious way of storing the rear landing gears near the wings.

-Detachable Limbs

- Being able to fold the wings in its compact flying form...not very difficult

-Collapsible twin guns hidden in the fast packs which can open a cover to shoot.

- Fast Packs and Fold system.

- Satelite wreakage parts to wrap around the battloid mode

Anything else?

Where did the VF-22 appear? Does it share enough parts with the YF-21 that it can be released as a repaint thereof?

Where did the VF-22 appear? Does it share enough parts with the YF-21 that it can be released as a repaint thereof?

The VF-22 Sturmvogel showed up in Macross 7 piloted by Max and Miliya.

http://www.steelfalcon.com/Macross/vf22.shtml

The biggest difference aside from repaints is the rehash of the cockpit especially the windows. The main bubble over the head and side windows are notably larger and there's a new window for forward viewing. So one might be able to just alter the cockpit cover to make this VF-22. But if I recall Graham said that any mech from Macross 7 isn't under any consideration to be made. Could be license issues I think

Edited by Briareos

i keep wanting to like the 21, but I cant see how it can be done well as a toy. Its always going to be very topheavy in battroid with those big belly panels on the hips. in fighter its not to bad assuming they can keep the profile thin.

the 1/72 YF21 is still the only Yamato toy i have ever had trouble transforming.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Graham! :D You think Yamato might consider designing the 1/60 YF-21 with the ability to convert the canopy from 21 to 22'? That would be great!

i just checked the review for the FP'd 1/72 YF-21 just then, didn't know they implemented that! :p Make sure you letem know!

Ohh, and please please please tell Yamato not to amputate Guld's legs/feet. >_> That's not on.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

the 1/72 YF21 is still the only Yamato toy i have ever had trouble transforming.

Do you have the fast pack version? I think I left a transformation of that version once bleeding... but I did find out how to do it as to remove that friggin' gap that appears behind the cockpit... It just takes a long time, some sweat, maybe a couple tears and some blood. In the fast pack version you have to pay extra attention to where the chest intakes sit in relation to the back of the fighter. The first edition hasn't been a problem for me though.

The VF-22 Sturmvogel showed up in Macross 7 piloted by Max and Miliya.

http://www.steelfalcon.com/Macross/vf22.shtml

The biggest difference aside from repaints is the rehash of the cockpit especially the windows. The main bubble over the head and side windows are notably larger and there's a new window for forward viewing. So one might be able to just alter the cockpit cover to make this VF-22. But if I recall Graham said that any mech from Macross 7 isn't under any consideration to be made. Could be license issues I think

A VF-22 would require the following new parts: -

1) New pilot figure as the M7 and VFX, VFX2 flight suits are all different from the one Guld wears in M+.

2) New Battroid mode face.

3) New cockpit canopy.

4) New left & right leg bay cover panels as they are completely different to those on the YF-21. The VF-22's leg bay cover panels feature completely internal gunpods (as opposed to semi-recessed on the YF-21). The VF-22's leg bay cover panels also feature two micro-missile launcher ports per-panel and an opening bay for a reaction weapon.

Personally, I'd prefer to see a Max & Millia M7 VF-22 more than an M+ YF-21, but I doubt it will happen.

Graham

A VF-22 would require the following new parts: -

1) New pilot figure as the M7 and VFX, VFX2 flight suits are all different from the one Guld wears in M+.

2) New Battroid mode face.

3) New cockpit canopy.

4) New left & right leg bay cover panels as they are completely different to those on the YF-21. The VF-22's leg bay cover panels feature completely internal gunpods (as opposed to semi-recessed on the YF-21). The VF-22's leg bay cover panels also feature two micro-missile launcher ports per-panel and an opening bay for a reaction weapon.

Personally, I'd prefer to see a Max & Millia M7 VF-22 more than an M+ YF-21, but I doubt it will happen.

Graham

Cool. :D I hope they release the M7 versions as well. Black, Red, Max Blue, and Guld blue/purple.

All canon and lotsa money for Yamato!

Extra i would like to see a Low Vis YF-21, and of course for the YF-19. They would look kick ass.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I wouldn't be so afraid of the possible costs and issues for the YF-21. I wouldn't even want to think of it.

Anyway, the price hike of the YF-19 is due to the development of rejects until they got a perfect one.

I'm going to wait and see. Do remember if it is so expensive that it is impossible to get, then the price will have to go down in the future to meet market demands. Too bad for Yamato if they screwed up the initial price point.