1:60 GBP-1 !?

CF18

I'm pretty sure my partner went to this....didn't tell me though because I would have told him to take a ton of pics of the Macross stuff. Anyway If he took alot of pics.. and i know he got good ones of the GPB Armor I will post them.

Rob

Hey there. Any news from your partner? :)

this pic must get some love... :rolleyes:

Yes. That picture gets love if you tell me where the rest of them are. :rolleyes:

Ok. Disregard. Some of the pics I was trying to enlarge were giving the "error something or something" message. :lol:

Wow.... I have not bought anything from the 1/60 line since the release of the 1/48 VF-1A (and then of course all subsequent 1/48 releases). This will be a must buy for me though. I'd hope that if they sell enough (how could they not?) that it would mandate a 1/48 release!?

Hiya guys,

My view on this, Its cool that Yamato finally released a VF-1J with GPB armor but bearing in mind that Yamato doesnt always released a mold to be used only once, hence you might see another variant in it. For e.g. a GPB VF-1S. Boy its going to be expensive year, 1/48 VF-1S Roy, Hikaru, VF-1J Hikaru, 1/48 Fps, Transfomer alternators line, 20th Annivesary Optimus prime, M0 and M+ variants next year as well as others from the DYRL and TV series for eg enemy and support units and so on. 2003 and 2004 will be filled with plenty of choices but bad for our wallets. But what the heck, get them. :lol::D

Cheers

this pic must get some love... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the larger pic. I don't have to squint at the tiny one anymore ;)

The head looks like it tucks about as snugly at the 1S. Not bad. The pilot also looks nice (and I'm not a fan of TV pilots). This will add some nice variety to my shelf.

Sweet!

Go Yamato! Yep, this is definitely a 1/60 item that I will gladly purchase.

Now I just need to get back to work... time to make some more money - because I must have that GBP!

Great news and thanks for the photos... I'll bet the 1/48 version is gonna be even cooler. Imagine the detail on those shoulder missle packs! :D

I wonder if the hands are directly attached to the forearm armor. To me it looks like the forearm armor wtith attached hands slips on the valkyrie's normal arms without the hands extended.

That's what I'm worried about too. I hope those are mock-up hands because they look like ass. I don't mind replacing the hands, just as long as they as good or better than the old ones. I'm also wondering if the GBP will come as one complete and solid toy, because I would like to retrofit my other 1/60's in GBP.

No it is not a nit pick. It's just CHEAPER for them to keep using a poor solution instead of molding more durable shields in specific colors for each release. They probably have a couple hundred thousand pieces of those brittle clear shields in stock, just waiting for a splash of paint. You like the 1/48, you got to take it with all it's little quirks.

Is it really a "poor" solution? I don't remember anybody complaining that the heatshield was shiny until now. And, it's pretty rare that someone complains that they are "brittle."

As for it being cheaper and them having a "couple hundred thousand" waiting to be painted. . .

First, I'm assuming you were intentionally exaggerating the number.

Second, that doesn't sound "cheap" to me, it sounds like a cost effective way of managing resources.

You might want them to custom-cast each heat shield for each valkyrie, but doing that would increaes the price of each valkyrie. And then, of course, we'd have even more people bitching about the price.

Yamato just can't win.

H

Yamato just can't win.

Yup. Much like how the VF-1J 1/48 was released both with and without FAST packs, and people still complained. <_<

I believe that this, too, might fit under the "Yamato just can't win" category. While I would prefer smaller hands as well, Yamato might be worried about the fact that correctly proportioned hands will look atrophied compared to the thick arms of the GBP-1S. They're probably still wincing from the "small hand" critiques of the 1/48.

From the larger pic ooks like the shoulder missile packs are molded to a faux shoulder insert. I wonder how it would affect the articulation...

looks good to me. it's probably the only 1/60 I'll put out for display.

That Hase custom will always be the best representation of a GBP ever... :wub:

EXO, you have been redeemed.... that smile posted by bsu WAY surpasses the other one. LOL! :lol::lol:

GBP! THis is very exciting... I'm getting this even if it is bundled... Then I will patiently wait for the 1/48 version!

Analysis of Yamato 1/60 GBP armour:

Backpack: Probably using the existing FAST pack holes.

Implications: CFs cannot take this GBP armour, but we can put it on a 1S and Max/ Miriya. Also, possibility is that of a Strike GBP, though you might need to cobble parts from a Strike and a GBP together for that.

Chestplate: I'm guessing it uses the cockpit/ heatshield to hook up. Good and bad -- good in that it's utilizing an inherent design, bad because the 1D won't be able to use this armour then. Also, it would probably look out of place on the Max/ Miriya, who has coloured noses.

Can't confirm this as we don't have a 3/4 overhead shot to see the upper areas.

Shoulders: As EXO says, looks to be shoulder inserts. Mobility may be affected but I think it's a practical solution to a difficult problem. Missiles looks to be non-removable -- generally speaking applies to all missiles for the 1/60.

Arms: Looks to be slip-overs and probably includes the hands as a set. Incidentally, this may mean the GBP cannot use a gunpod, (a ) because no gunpod-wielding hands, and (b ) the arm armour may make holding the gunpod difficult.

Crotch: Looks different from lineart but a creative and nice approach to covering up the nose.

Hips: Looks to be slip-overs but the size will probably restrict waist rotation. Don't expect too much posability. Looks like the upper thighs will be affected somewhat too.

Legs: Looks like we sacrifice the lower leg twist to get this armour. I don't think there will be any mobility there. Foot swivel still looks good so you can probably get a straight-line walking pose there.

Overall: Display piece, not toy. You will probably have to leave it in the pose here, with possibly some small waist twist and arm motion, but not much -- remember the inherent shoulder polycap strength of the 1/60 isn't the highest and the additional weight may cause the arms to droop.

On the upside, this will be quite stable. The diecast legs plus additional leg armour should make this quite heavy and hence stable.