Graham's Sig

EXO

I thought this thread needed some reviving.. since i'm at work and bored (its 3.42am and i still have 3 hours to go), i did some reading and was reminded that Yamato built that uber gucci 1/350 space battleship yamato with lights and moving turrents, well why the hell havent they built an uber gucci 1/(whatever) SDF-1? Whats stopping them? and where has the 'G'man been? this thread went quiet all of a sudden or is it just general consensus that we are all bored of playing Yamato's guessing game?

go.. check out the 1/350 SBS yamato.. think... what would an SDF-1 look like?

mmmmmmmmm :blink:

Alright, with Grahams revealing that the M7 and VFX2 license being unclear at the moment, I think it's safe to say that Grahams last signature wasn't referring to anything from VFX2. :( Therefore:

-No VFX2repaints: No VF-19A

-No VA-3M

-No VF-17

-No VF-22 (although I can still hope Yamato will do a VF-22 somehow, even if it's releasing the 21 with alternate parts)

-No VB-6 Koenig Monster re-do (not that I would get one)

-No VF-5000 (VFX2 international edition or whatever it was call)

-No Macross 13

So my guess is back to a re-do of the 1/60 VF-1.

So my guess is back to a re-do of the 1/60 VF-1.

The way you narrow it down, you are probably right.

Not very "wow!" considering all the other cool vf designs out there but even with all the vf-1 "saturation" (Toynami, Revoltech, andai, Yamato...) many will gladly bend over and get "penetrated" by the most beloved valk design.

If they are just like a 1/48 only smaller and cheaper I might get one and a two seater if they don't take to long to make it.

make one revised ultimate 1/60 dyrl vf-1 with swappable heads, colors, and heatshields that comes with super/strike parts, gbp armor with multiple pilots and ground crew.

Hey Graham, with all the board traffic on the 25th Anniversary Valks, the YF-21, and the 'nora', we could do with a new toy to shout about... the threads for the above mentioned are getting huge, and starting to talk more about repaints... Can we have some juicy gossip please? pretty please? a tidbit of a clue to whats on the horizon? come on.... Yamato must be have some pretty big ideas for stuff to coincide with the release (or scheduled) of Macross F. Throw us a bone here so we can start salivating / arguing over something new...

I thought this thread needed some reviving.. since i'm at work and bored (its 3.42am and i still have 3 hours to go), i did some reading and was reminded that Yamato built that uber gucci 1/350 space battleship yamato with lights and moving turrents, well why the hell havent they built an uber gucci 1/(whatever) SDF-1? Whats stopping them? and where has the 'G'man been? this thread went quiet all of a sudden or is it just general consensus that we are all bored of playing Yamato's guessing game?

go.. check out the 1/350 SBS yamato.. think... what would an SDF-1 look like?

mmmmmmmmm :blink:

Yamato never built a 1/350 Yamato, that was Bandai.

My guess is still on the Reactive Armor, but that's more wishfull thinking than anything else though.

My guess is still on the Reactive Armor, but that's more wishfull thinking than anything else though.

Well, it would fit with the Prophet's Zero-Plus-Zero-Plus alternating release schedule, wouldn't it?

.....Except of course, Graham shot the Reactive Armor guess down a few pages back. :rolleyes: (My bad)

Regulds, perhaps? There's always a crapload of them (saturation), and they did "penetrate" the Macross in both the TV series and in DYRL.

Yamato never built a 1/350 Yamato, that was Bandai.

Oops.. my bad. Still a nice thought though........ I honestly hope we have something more substantial on the horizon than a bunch of re-paints (except maybe Minmay's guard -that i would buy). A full overhaul of the 1/48 mechanics with more diecast would be okay.. We already know of the '21' but what "new" items can we expect... Less re-paints Yamato, more new stuff... and a helluva lot more R&D on the quality side.

thankyou.

1/48 Regults? Those would be fricken huge.

A 1/48 Fighter pod would be sooo nice.

Actually stuff the 1/48 scale, make them 1/60 to keep in scale with the Q-Rau.

Unfortunatly, Graham has repetedly said that 1/48 is a dead scale. (which is too bad, its such a nice scale)

I still have my (unrealistic) hopes on a 1/60 M0 Monster...

Since the 1/48 line is dead according to Graham, then I would also love to see a revised 1/60 scale VF1 line, that would rock!!

Of course, I still have to get the Valks of the 1/48 scale that I like the most (CF, M&M, Stealth1J, and Roy)

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I'm also waiting on some updates about the BGC Motoslave yamato was making. Lots of stuff with ???'s right now.

Is Yamato still going to make that Minmei figure? If so, maybe their next release will be a Misa figure. Anyway I would still love to see them make a regult.

egads! a Misa figure i couldn't possibly say no too! >_<

Seriously want to know how this Minny figure turns out like.

I hope that if Yamato is redoing the 1/60 VF-1 that including the best of all that they've learned since the 1/48 VF-1, they have a pilot that isn't cut off at the knees and isn't feetless. I would hope that it uses a swingbar method similar to the VF-0 rather than the 1/48 VF-1 since I hate those damned pegs. I always need tweezers to get them out. And use the exact same materials as used on the 1/48 VF-1, and not on the 1/60 VF-0. No need for crumbly arms.

Well if the Minmay figure turns out good, and they do a Misa, the next logical step would be Miria! :)

Yeegads, Yamato let Graham spill the beans already, the "saturation, penetration" riddle is driving me crazy! :o Is it even a Macross item?

Are you guys really that excited at the prospect of buying MORE VF-1 toys, and at a scale we've already seen??

Yeah, me too. :(

I think it's because I keep hoping for that PERFECT VF-1 toy. I want something that's as quality, simple and FUN as the old Chunky Monkeys, but with the beauty and elegance of the Yamatos. I honestly don't believe Yamato can fulfill that dream but I always like to see what they can do.

I for one still love all my 1/60 VF's. I really like the proportions.

I proudly display them with all the newer 1/60's ^_^

If Yamato delivers an improved 1/60 VF-1 with the proportions of the current ones I'll gadly spend more money. If not I'll still enjoy my collection.

I for one still love all my 1/60 VF's. I really like the proportions.

I proudly display them with all the newer 1/60's ^_^

If Yamato delivers an improved 1/60 VF-1 with the proportions of the current ones I'll gadly spend more money. If not I'll still enjoy my collection.

Amen! ^_^

I would love to see the VF-1 line updated with a lot of the transformation methods used in the VF-0 and details from other releases (just not the brittle shoulders and arms of course :p ). With the move back to the 1/60 scale, the VF-1 needs a re-do eventually. Not necessarily immediately, but as long as the non-VF-1 schemes continue to come out, I wouldn't mind picking up a DYRL 1A Max and a Low Viz version 1 (don't make it limited edition this time! You know it will sell without it being limited, Yamato.).

-Use a cockpit method like the YF-19, to allow for easy two-seaters. Make a pilot seat and have three different peg positions inside the cockpit. The middle position allows you to put in the pilot seat with pilot, and have a removeable equipment piece behind the pilot, just like the YF-19. This allows for the normal pilot position in a single seater. Then for a two-seater like the VF-1D or the VT-1/VE-1, pull out the equipment piece, move the pilot seat closer to the flat-screen display, and put the second pilot seat in the back. Change the canopy so the center band is over the pilot. This would allow for at least the VF-1D with the expense of a normal head change and different paint scheme. For the VT-1/VE-1, they would of course need to modify the wings, backpack, and tailfins, but it wouldn't be as costly as when they had to use a new nose area. Well, they would need modified or newly done fast packs too... This of course would be done in factory. Or they could just provide the alternate canopy and second seat.

-Shoulders and arms that are tucked away in fighter mode for a cleaner look. One of the only things that bothered me with the 1/48, and I thought was excellent with the 1/60 VF-0. Could probably achieve it by thinning the arms and backpack a bit, as well as shortening the peg that holds the ball joint.

-Make the canopy less bulbous. It never bothered me that much, but in comparison to the VF-0, YF-19, and SV-51, it looks a bit pudgy.

-Shorten the nose and keep it solid. No removeable nosecone.

-Use a method similar to the VF-0 to make the head more integrated in fighter mode, with those flaps. They could be changed depending on the model of head, and not that much extra to do as long as the base stays the same.

-Have the head transformation to battroid work like the VF-0, less steps required.

-Have the turbines in the feet remain one piece rather than split, like on the VF-0.

-A peg in the hand for a more secure gunpod grip.

-Alternate TV series clown hands, or fixed-pose hands, in case you hate the limp-wrist skeleton hands.

-Possibly some fold out tabs that make side covers in battroid (not sure if it's feasible or practical).

-Keep the arm and leg fast packs the way they were on the 1/48, no need for magnets.

-Make the booster fastpacks attach to the backpack using a mixture of shallow pegs and strong magnets, so as to reduce the use of force when putting on or taking off the booster fast packs.

-Use a latch system to hold the top of the backpack when in battroid, especially for use with fast packs, like the 1/48.

After all this....I bet you guys would sh** yourselves if it ended up being that they are going to make ALL the 1/55 reissues and Armor, Super/Strike Packs, etc. I know I would be REALLY happy.

:ph34r: MisterRyno :ph34r: