The Nintendo Wii Thread!!

Apollo Leader

sure, they lure you in with a $250 price tag but each one of those virtaul arcade games are $5-10 dollars and I for one know i'd go broke downloading all them.

the thought is kind of scary actually.... atleast I get to demo arcade games on Live... but I could just see it now, going down the list and seeing all these games I haven't played in 15 years and just going "to heck with it" and downloading a bunch... then actually only end up playing them a couple times like most of my Live arcade games... ;)

the novelty of retro games wears off pretty fast... Ghost Recon >> Dig Dug

Which is why you can delete them and then get them back again for free at a later date.

Pretty cool feature in my opinion.

Tech spec of Wii CPU

"750CL is basically just a 90nm die shrink of the Gekko hardware that's intended to run at up to 900MHz"

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061031-8112.html

This was known for awhile. This is why so many Wii launch titles aren't really "Wii specific". They are basically GC games that will be on the Wii instead. Great for anyone that was planning GC ports of multi platform games...most all of GC titles that would have had less sales than PS2 or XBox titles will sell with the Wii.

Edited by Gaijin

Just some random advice.

I recommend you guys go to Sears to get your Wii, since like nobody goes there, it would be your best bet since if their was a line, it would be small.

Interesting there. I'll have to check that out if I manage to get enough money in time for the wii. Which I have doubts.....since some draw backs popped up recently.

Has anyone seen the Virtual Console list for Japan? Besides the games being priced better, there's a lot of great SNES games (like Link to the Past) that will be available for Japan during the next few months that won't be available here in the US. And a lot of these games were big sellers in the US back in the day. I wonder what's up with that?

Has anyone seen the Virtual Console list for Japan? Besides the games being priced better, there's a lot of great SNES games (like Link to the Past) that will be available for Japan during the next few months that won't be available here in the US. And a lot of these games were big sellers in the US back in the day. I wonder what's up with that?

they might be more scared of the PS3 over there then they are over here so they've got the big guns out.

Alright. Now I'm at a Cartman level giddyness.

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/744/744044p1.html

If Wii Sports is for the non-gamers, Twilight Princess is for the hardcore. After I spent 10 hours with the game, I barely managed to squeak by two temples, with the third so far off that I could scarcely imagine getting there, let alone approach the objective. (For the record, out of 30 or so journalists, nobody came close to the third temple.) I asked how long it took Nintendo's testers to complete the entire game the first time through. The answer is a whopping 70-plus hours. Adding insult to injury, diabolical Nintendo translator and localization manager Bill Trinen told me that he was working on his second play-through of the game. Knowing what to do and where to go, and skipping cut-scenes, Trinen said that he had logged about 27 hours to make it about two thirds of the way through the temples themselves - and that doesn't account for any of the side quests or time sinks like fishing, a single operation that could easily add hours upon hours to Zelda's depth. .

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Edited by UN Spacy

Now that is what I wanted to hear, bravo Nintendo for making a game that lasts.

Want to hear a intresting fact on Zelda at E3?

People were only aloud to play through the 1 dungeon they had setup for the TP demo; they played for 10 hours and did not even get through a third of the dungeon :blink: , thats how big the game is, and getting across Hyrule fields takes about 45 minutes, thats with using Epona, I expect this game to take people 90 hours and more. :ph34r:

Nintendo took great advantage of the time they had for Twilight Princess, but what really pisses me off is that I think they lied on the release date for the game last time we expected it to come out so they can release it, which is pretty anal, they knew they were developing the Wii, they just did not want to tell us... <_<

But on the plus side, the game is going to rock. :)

i so want to play this game badly, i have waited so long for a new Zelda game like this.

chris

getting across Hyrule fields takes about 45 minutes, thats with using Epona...

I think that would end up pissing me off in the long run. What if you forgot to do something at the other end of Hyrule and didn't think of it until you were halfway across? Would you have to travel another 23 minutes just to go back, then travel another 45 minutes just to get where you were originally trying to go?

Want to hear a intresting fact on Zelda at E3?

People were only aloud to play through the 1 dungeon they had setup for the TP demo; they played for 10 hours and did not even get through a third of the dungeon :blink: , thats how big the game is, and getting across Hyrule fields takes about 45 minutes, thats with using Epona, I expect this game to take people 90 hours and more. :ph34r:

Nintendo took great advantage of the time they had for Twilight Princess, but what really pisses me off is that I think they lied on the release date for the game last time we expected it to come out so they can release it, which is pretty anal, they knew they were developing the Wii, they just did not want to tell us... <_<

But on the plus side, the game is going to rock. :)

I played at e3, the demo ends at the first boss (it could be a mini boss), but it was really short! even the demo girl told me I was the fastest person to complete it (like in 10 minutes). I came back teh next day and spent more time on it and realize that the wii mote was a second thought to the game, I felt that if I had a regular controller I would have complete it in less time.

with that say, I think that's why Nintendo didn't have the GameCube version on display, people would figure out that the game was designed for the regular controller first and wii-mote second

"Nintendo revealed that the company will ship 4 million units of Wii in the first six week of the launch in US",

That's almost like a million a week! I know for sure it won't sell out on the first day, which mean I won't need to camp out for it :D

"Nintendo revealed that the company will ship 4 million units of Wii in the first six week of the launch in US",

That's almost like a million a week! I know for sure it won't sell out on the first day, which mean I won't need to camp out for it :D

I have some doubts on that.

Check:

Wii Seeker

Edit: They just added Best Buy.

It might help out some of yah looking for a Wii on the release day, PS3 seeking is not that accurate, and this only works for Target. So I hope it helps ya out.

On the plus side, I payed off my Zelda preorder since they were no longer taking anymore :) , and preordered FFIII and Castlevania with the Bundle they were including at my local EB games, not all stores will do them, but I'm near City of Industry so demand is real high over here right now with the Wii and PS3.

2nd Edit: Just found that my local Target is getting 81! :ph34r:(My Target, Linkie Might Not Work)They are updating the site contstantly so numbers will change, its good to be a Nintendo fan right now; chances of getting a Wii will be "ok" if you get to the store within opening hours.

Edited by Ishimaru

I played at e3, the demo ends at the first boss (it could be a mini boss), but it was really short! even the demo girl told me I was the fastest person to complete it (like in 10 minutes). I came back teh next day and spent more time on it and realize that the wii mote was a second thought to the game, I felt that if I had a regular controller I would have complete it in less time.

with that say, I think that's why Nintendo didn't have the GameCube version on display, people would figure out that the game was designed for the regular controller first and wii-mote second

It is an afterthought. It was a GC game long before they decided to just Wii it.

Luckily they haven't just been sitting on their behinds about it. From the sounds of it, the control changes they've made since E3 have really helped things. We'll see, though, when more hands-on reports come in very shortly.

Well today I went to Gamecrazy <<<no longer shopping at Gamestop for a while after pissing me off recently

And I bought Need for Speed just to keep me occupied till The Wii was released. I casually mentioned it to the guy working there who replied "Hey would you like to reserve it?" my jaw dropped, but there was a catch "Course we're full so your order wouldn't come in till december" I told him "FINE!" So he went to his boss who over heard us and said, and I quote "Hell no" the guy looked over at me and shrugged apologizing for the next 3 minutes.

I told him forget it, if I'm lucky I'll find one sometime before the end of the month, "Grandmother said this: Good things come to those who wait."

Well today I went to Gamecrazy <<<no longer shopping at Gamestop for a while after pissing me off recently

And I bought Need for Speed just to keep me occupied till The Wii was released. I casually mentioned it to the guy working there who replied "Hey would you like to reserve it?" my jaw dropped, but there was a catch "Course we're full so your order wouldn't come in till december" I told him "FINE!" So he went to his boss who over heard us and said, and I quote "Hell no" the guy looked over at me and shrugged apologizing for the next 3 minutes.

I told him forget it, if I'm lucky I'll find one sometime before the end of the month, "Grandmother said this: Good things come to those who wait."

I don't think you need to wait Hikuro. Last I heard Nintendo is above expectations in the systems, meaning every store will be recieving constant shipments of the Wii.

Heck even stores the next day will get some in stock since they recieve their first shipment ahead of time.

It would be your best to try and call your stores to see how much they are getting, since their is a good chance alot will be availalbe. GameCrazy, and GameStop/EB are limited on them since they did not want to repeat the same mistake they did with the 360. Shipments won't be low guys!

But be smart and go to places where the majority of the town population does not go daily to, like the mall for example, or perhaps Wal-Mart, be smart in your purchase.

Chances are you might not even have to camp out for it, well... maybe but I can not guarantee that, but with my local Target recieving 80, I'm damn confident I will get it on launch day, if the taxes don't kill the price. :wacko:

Edited by Ishimaru

Popular Science's Best of What's New 2006 Award goes to Nintendo Wii.

Remember when videogames were fun? When the controllers had only a couple buttons and you didn’t have to spend an hour learning the seven-step finger dance for “walk?†Nintendo does, so it took a step back, looked at its superpowered competitors, and took a totally different path with its new console, Wii (pronounced “weâ€). Nintendo’s processor is 75 percent slower than an Xbox 360’s. The company decided that gamers didn’t need to pay extra for photo-realistic renderings of its iconic talking mushrooms. Instead it reimagined the controller, introducing a three-axis accelerometer that transforms your hand motions into in-game action, so you really play the games. In Wii Tennis, for example, swing your hand just as you would a racket. In Excite Truck, hold both ends of the controller as if it were a steering wheel. And look out for that tree, because, photo-real or not, these games will draw you in.

Well it'd be really nice if I can get one but I gotta go outta town for a day to do some bussniess for a few friends and would completely miss the release. Which is a big reason why I was askin the guy if I can get it on the 20th...............ooooooohhhhh well. I can honestly wait.

Anyone see the additional Virtual Console games? (unconfirmed, but the ESRB just rated them, as they're too old to have been rated earlier)

* Duck Hunt (E for Everyone)

* Hogan’s Alley (E for Everyone)

* Kid Icarus (E for Everyone)

* Kirby’s Adventure (E for Everyone)

* Pilot Wings (E for Everyone)

* Pro Wrestling (E for Everyone)

* Punch-Out (E for Everyone)

* Wild Gunman (E for Everyone)

* Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

* Kirby’s Super Star (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

* Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)

* Starfox 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)

* Super Metroid (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

* Kirby’s Dream Land 3 (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

* The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)

* Excitebike (NES; rated E for Everyone)

* Ice Climber (NES; rated E for Everyone)

* Dr. Mario (NES; rated E for Everyone)

* Mario Brothers (NES; rated E for Everyone)

* Ice Hockey (NES; rated E for Everyone)

* Soccer (NES; rated E for Everyone)

I've been holding off on buying the GBA remakes of the NES/SNES Super Mario games, hoping they'd be on the Wii. But since none are in the first batch(es), now I'm thinking they're not going to be (at least for a while) so as not to hurt sales of the GBA versions.

What we really need is Mario All Stars 2-- 1 through 4, and Yoshi's Island. For GC/Wii.

Anyone see the additional Virtual Console games? (unconfirmed, but the ESRB just rated them, as they're too old to have been rated earlier)

* Duck Hunt (E for Everyone)

* Hogan’s Alley (E for Everyone)

* Kid Icarus (E for Everyone)

* Kirby’s Adventure (E for Everyone)

* Pilot Wings (E for Everyone)

* Pro Wrestling (E for Everyone)

* Punch-Out (E for Everyone)

* Wild Gunman (E for Everyone)

* Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

* Kirby’s Super Star (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

* Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)

* Starfox 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)

* Super Metroid (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

* Kirby’s Dream Land 3 (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

* The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)

* Excitebike (NES; rated E for Everyone)

* Ice Climber (NES; rated E for Everyone)

* Dr. Mario (NES; rated E for Everyone)

* Mario Brothers (NES; rated E for Everyone)

* Ice Hockey (NES; rated E for Everyone)

* Soccer (NES; rated E for Everyone)

I'm really looking foward to OaT on the list. I have not played that game in some time.

Bump.

Well my local EB has its Wii Kiosk setup. But you need to give them your driver's license for the remote. They have Excite Truck setup, but I know they have more than that.

Damnit why do I have to be 16.... <_<

they probably don't want anyone stealing their remotes. they should just tie them up or something...

One of the cruelest lie ever told to me during my teen years in highschool, "These are the best days of your life." I'm looking forward to staying up all night playing Twilight Princess on my HDTV, in my own apartment, until my hot wife wrests the controller from me so she can play.