The Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread v2.0

Noriko Takaya

I must say that I like it. Quite a bit so.

Speaking of BOME, I finally got my Noriko (had my friends ribbing me for "hugging" the packaging [noting compared to when I finally found the Kotobukiya]. I was mostly just relieved that I didn't have to worry about passing it up at cons any more.). She makes a nice counterpart to the Kotobukiya, especially with the Kaiyodo Gunbuster in the background. (even the new Shammy gashapon in the foreground goes nicely.)

I must say that I like it. Quite a bit so.

Speaking of BOME, I finally got my Noriko (had my friends ribbing me for "hugging" the packaging [noting compared to when I finally found the Kotobukiya]. I was mostly just relieved that I didn't have to worry about passing it up at cons any more.). She makes a nice counterpart to the Kotobukiya, especially with the Kaiyodo Gunbuster in the background. (even the new Shammy gashapon in the foreground goes nicely.)

Pictures? :)

BTW, I finally got my Bandai Nono, and I actually like it a whole lot more than I thought I would. I'm still going to get the Bome too though.

My Gunbuster 2 vol 2 & 3 dvds have arrived, but wasn't home to get them, now I have to go to the post office to pick them up :angry:

Even more worried about the terrorist attack, so near my home town, who would have thought. I've never seen so many police helicopters in my life, its hard getting any sleep with all the bloody noise. :angry:

Anybody know what this is?

Gunbuster meets Evangelion?

If I remember right, it's from some Gainax crossover video game. Sega Saturn or PS1, I think.

On an unrelated note, I picked up volumes 1 and 2 of Gunbuster 2 recently. I was quite impressed. The video quality is excellent, and the translations are much better than the fansubs.

And to top it off, they come with 20 pages of translated liner notes each! The books alone make them easily worth the $30 price tag.

Actually, I remember it being this elaborate artbook of theirs. Full of official nude pics, crossovers, and what-ifs (like Asuka as Sherlock Holms).

Pictures? :)

BTW, I finally got my Bandai Nono, and I actually like it a whole lot more than I thought I would. I'm still going to get the Bome too though.

Sure, if I can get my pics on my cell offloaded, and you don't mind so-so quality.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Exactly. People may complain out the wazoo about Bandai Visual's pricing, but they're delivery the goods to match. Can't wait to see what they're going to do with MS IGLOO.

the pricing is not that bad in my opinion, thanks to the strong pound against the week dollar, importing dvds have never been so cheap :lol:

Actually, I remember it being this elaborate artbook of theirs. Full of official nude pics, crossovers, and what-ifs (like Asuka as Sherlock Holms).

It could always be both! those are obviously art books scans though but that dosn't mean it isn't in a video game. There are lots of Gainax crossover games, like Gainax Majhong and stuff.

Anybody know about this Gunbuster vs. Diebuster liscense that rightstuf is reporting?

It's the film that was released in Japanese theaters highlighting both series in a condensed version. There was even new footage added to Gunbuster for this release, featuring the original voice actors. Bandai will be releasing it sometime in the future.

Well, the schedule for Otakon has been released and it looks like they will be showing "Gunbuster vs. Diebuster" Friday morning starting at 11:00 a.m. in video room 3. I'll probably be there to see this (at least the first part), so if any of you guys here on this site want to meet me, I'll be happy to wait for you. Keep an eye out for the fat guy with the black GITS messenger bag and the impossibly cute friend of mine who is attending with me this year. Mind you, she is not a fan of Gunbuster, so I may have to ditch her for a while.

It's the film that was released in Japanese theaters highlighting both series in a condensed version. There was even new footage added to Gunbuster for this release, featuring the original voice actors. Bandai will be releasing it sometime in the future.

Any idea what are the new footages?

Possibly an animation of the final battle at the end of Top 1?

Anybody notice the appearance of Nono and Lark in ep 6 of Gurren Lagann? Rei, Auska, and Maharo make have a cameo as well.

It wasn't just them, Jung and Kashiwara were there for certain. I believe so was Kazumi. Noriko might have been in at the end, though the only evidence is that the other three appear right before a girl with chin length brown hair.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Well, after my first two days at Otakon, I am exhausted. I had a blast this time around and walked off with too much stuff. My three teen-age charges who I chaparoned also had fun, but I think I went a little overboard.

Alright, back on topic...

I loved the Gunbuster vs Diebuster film. It was really great seeing them on a big screen. Yes, you heard right. I actually liked seeing Diebuster. And the way they edited a lot of the goofier stuff from the original seemed to fit really nice, although when they started Gunbuster off with the prologue from episode two it kind of confused me. I was thinking "Are they bypassing episode 1 all together?" I will be buying this release when it comes out, and I may just try a little harder to give Nono and company another chance.

One of the other things which made this con nice for me was they offered a Gunbuster badge this year. My scanner is down right now, so I will scan a copy of it and post it in this reply when I get around to it.

And I'm also kicking myself for not buying those two Gunbuster cels of Jung and Noriko, but I did not have a grand to get them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, any idea on where this came from?

http://tinyurl.com/27w7rr

Another one to add to the list. At least that's some good news. Seeing how i got ripped off a few days ago and my Gunbuster CDs were among the stuff stolen.

As much as I like the Bome, this one looks a lot nicer (likeness, pose, removable sweater).

your right about the likeness, but its the pose that doesn't appeal to me, I've always preferred my figures in a standing position, because it saves a lot of shelf space :lol:

Edited by kung flu