Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

yea, the face doesn't seem evil enough to be megs...im actually not too worried about the legs, as other TFs will be in front of him in my display, and you'll only see him from the waist up. I would like to see them change the feet though, so they were inside the handle part in robo mode instead of dangling down below like they did with all the binaltechs...but again, i wont see it the way my display's set up.

I think the poses they've shot him in are a bit misleading too...they aren't very megatrony...

Lack of poses is probably due to the fact its a resin proto. That's why it has those bendy arm display stands to hold it up. TFs usually aren't allowed to go into production unless they can stand on their own, so hopefully he has more stable feet than MP Prime and has nice, strong ratcheting joints in his arms to hold up that huge canon

Some more pix of alt modes from the upcoming Michael Bay movie have been posted online...check the link for for Bumblebee, Jazz, Bonecrusher (?), Barricade, Scorponok, Brawl, and something else I'm not sure about.

Some more pix of alt modes from the upcoming Michael Bay movie have been posted online...check the link for for Bumblebee, Jazz, Bonecrusher (?), Barricade, Scorponok, Brawl, and something else I'm not sure about.

Here's the link Reggae was mentioning:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=116000

At least i think so. :huh:

Edited by Veritas

D'oh! Thanks, Veritas...forgot to include it...too much turkey yesterday...

Heh not a problem man, i know what you mean. I had to work today so wasn't too happy about that, but i've been making the forum rounds pretty much all day heh, it's dead in here.

As for the alt modes, i have to say other than Bonecrusher or whatever ridculous name he has they don't look half bad, i really despise most of the Movie robot designs though so i don't think i'll be picking any of these up. It's looking like it's going to be all classics for me next year.

Edited by Veritas

I'm looking forward especially to seeing the finished versions of Barricade's and Bumblebee's alt modes...especially 'Cade, since I've got a huge man-crush on the current Ford Mustangs.

That Stryker (white 8 wheel vehicle) is not Bonecrusher. Its probably an off-screen character Hasbro made to fill out the assortments.

Hmm, yeah it does kind of resemble a Stryker:

IPB Image

Either way that makes sense though, i thought i saw pictures of the movie Bonecrusher a little while back and it looked like they spliced together all kinds of crap on a military truck to make something unique but at the same time hideous. Gotta find that pic.

Edited by Veritas

You might be thinking of Jetfire from the Classics line--the figure is based off his appearance in IDW's Transformers: Stormbringer. This version was designed by Don Figueroa, I believe, and looks like a cross between Skyfire from the series and the original Jetfire toy.

You might be thinking of Jetfire from the Classics line--the figure is based off his appearance in IDW's Transformers: Stormbringer. This version was designed by Don Figueroa, I believe, and looks like a cross between Skyfire from the series and the original Jetfire toy.

You are correct. Here is the comic version "Stormbringer Jetfire"

IPB Image

And here is the toy.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

WOW COOL!!! They're making Lost in Space 2!!

Hahaha, i really couldn't come up with anything that fits better than that. That design looks absolutely horrible. Really as everyone as stated before and i agree with, are they making a Transformers movie or a Bionicle movie? Come on now.

Off Topic: who's that asian chick in your avatar Seven? :ph34r:

it looks like a big alien scorpion robot thing? what were you expecting?

Should it look like the toy? a bulldozer with pinchers?

It should look like something that's semi belivable from what has already been established in Transformers. I'm not asking for G1, but seriously is that the best they could come up with. If you've seen the robot modes for most of the characters you'll see where i'm coming from. That's my opinion, you can decide on your own.

You are correct. Here is the comic version "Stormbringer Jetfire"

And here is the toy.

thanks for the pics soloscud, but are those pics of the new one thats coming out?

i was hoping it would get the MP treatment...or atleast binaltech, that thing looks like your typical bulkafied TF toy.

thanks for the pics soloscud, but are those pics of the new one thats coming out?

i was hoping it would get the MP treatment...or atleast binaltech, that thing looks like your typical bulkafied TF toy.

Actually it's already been released under the classics line.

It should look like something that's semi belivable from what has already been established in Transformers. I'm not asking for G1, but seriously is that the best they could come up with. If you've seen the robot modes for most of the characters you'll see where i'm coming from. That's my opinion, you can decide on your own.

it looks fine and it fits with the designs they came up with. Maybe you don't like the direction they took, but that doesn't make it a bad design.

Some of the people at tfw2005 insist that these "are not Transformers", to which I reply: you don't determine what makes a Transformer. Hasbro does.

Your point is valid. Shame Hasbro's taste is notoriously questionable.

I remember saying something to that effect about Beast Wars, though.

I never "got" the whole Pretenders++ thing.

good point.

people complained about beast wars and now it's widly regarded as one of the best Tf storys told. Nothing about a TF requires it look like a bunch of cardboard boxes piled on top of each other, colored with a child's set of primary colors.