1/72 Reactive Armored VF-0S Macross Zero

Less than Super Ostrich

Let's see how long it will take until the first Kitbash with the regular VF-0s Battroid apears. Also a nice idea would be a model of a Battroid blowing off it's armorplates.

@Fly4victory

Why did you mount the Gunpod on a Viking?

Why did you mount the Gunpod on a Viking?

In EP3 of macross zero Roy is refueling and rearming his acft in the air. he was refueling from an S3 Viking tanker which also had a gunpod mounted under the wing for in air rearming.

Edited by HWR MKII

I looked into that idea. Thing is the gunpod in that episode is mounted on a hardpoint between the external tank and the engine nacelle. In the real aircraft there isn't the room to put anything there, and therefore on the kit version as well. Ther are two options for this:

1) Mount the hardpoint outboard of the external tanks

2) move either the rngine nacelle or external tanks.

Which means it was a YS-3A or KS-3A and given the time period possibly upgraded to a B model.

Still don;t knwo where they found the room, the tank pylon is damned near on the hinge.

I looked into that idea. Thing is the gunpod in that episode is mounted on a hardpoint between the external tank and the engine nacelle. In the real aircraft there isn't the room to put anything there, and therefore on the kit version as well. Ther are two options for this:

1) Mount the hardpoint outboard of the external tanks

2) move either the rngine nacelle or external tanks.

The hard point is between the nacelle and the external tank. Option 2 had to move the engines inboard and the external tanks outboard. The external tank and buddy pod now have a 10 degree cant to the exterior. The gun pod hangs straight down.

Would not work on a folded wing since the externals are too close to the hindge.

Took a liberty and put the gun on Port side as opposed to Starboard since it was origionally to be viewed from port.

post-3784-1159635448_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fly4victory

The hard point is between the nacelle and the external tank. Option 2 had to move the engines inboard and the external tanks outboard. The external tank and buddy pod now have a 10 degree cant to the exterior. The gun pod hangs straight down.

Would not work on a folded wing since the externals are too close to the hindge.

Took a liberty and put the gun on Port side as opposed to Starboard since it was origionally to be viewed from port.

Great now hasegawa is going to have to rebox the Viking and add a sprue of parts and decals just to charge us 50 dollars for a limited run of a 15 dollar kit. :D

HWR MK II it would be a welcome model.

I would buy it to replace the decals and parts from my 0D. I would be really happy if they rereleased the F-14, with the correct pilots this time, and Mig 29.

Has anyone looked to see if the standard 0 battroid hands and gun pod will work on the armored version?

In EP3 of macross zero Roy is refueling and rearming his acft in the air. he was refueling from an S3 Viking tanker which also had a gunpod mounted under the wing for in air rearming.

Ups! Somebody found out that I was absent during this sequence. Guess I better go watch Macross Zero again.

HWR MK II it would be a welcome model.

I would buy it to replace the decals and parts from my 0D. I would be really happy if they rereleased the F-14, with the correct pilots this time, and Mig 29.

Has anyone looked to see if the standard 0 battroid hands and gun pod will work on the armored version?

Do like I did-since I wanted to bouid Roy & Shin's 0's with Ghost I bought 2.The kits include an extra pilot because of the parts-sprue breakdown.Then get a cheaper release of either Hasegawa or Fujimi F-14. :) Now all you need is to find a way to make those markings on your PC-& I bet several of the guys on the Forum can help.I'm just doing my Macross Zero Tomcat as "another" squadron from "another" carrier. :)

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o:o:o

I just got the armoured Zero in the mail today and thing is freakishly huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man it's kinda' scary. Don't know how to deal with it until I get a chance to test fit the darn thing! Just affraid that I might not be able to get the armour off without scratching the paint off the body.

Edited by nghia59

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o:o:o

I just got the armoured Zero in the mail today and thing is freakishly huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man it's kinda' scary. Don't know how to deal with it until I get a chance to test fit the darn thing! Just affraid that I might not be able to get the armour off without scratching the paint off the body.

Try clear coating with Future. It will be super glossy but will protect the base coat and decals.

Or you can mask and not paint the mounting tabs.

Try clear coating with Future. It will be super glossy but will protect the base coat and decals.

Or you can mask and not paint the mounting tabs.

What the heck is Future anyway? Is it a floor wax or acrylic?

There's a site that has a tutorial on mixing to get dull future coats here (it's really hard core/ check out the finished models section):

http://www.fichtenfoo.com/02GiantRobots/02c-future.html

Is it really that strong? I find that there's always some friction scrapage with whatever top coat I use. Is future able to handle parts rubbing on each other?

:huh:

Is it really that strong? I find that there's always some friction scrapage with whatever top coat I use. Is future able to handle parts rubbing on each other?

Strenght is about to be tested, I will be using Future mixed with Tamyia X-21 on a 1/48 VF-1A toy.

• 2 weeks later...

it is on my todo list for sure, i still cant believe how big the box for it is, i posted a pic of it next to an Yamato 1/48 Vf-1j box

post-366-1161048584_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone started a buildup at all of this? i would love to see more pics, i want to get it but do not have neough money right now. how big is it compared to a MG Gundam? the box looks huge.

chris

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought mine on ebay, after I get it shipped and built I'll post pics of it, I've been fathoming the idea of perhaps custom painting in a 'stealth' scheme since I already have a Yamato VF'0S, but I'm not sure it could look right...

it's been such a long time that I've built a scale model, hope I'm not rusty, I'll do my best since it was NOT a cheap product

Super nice, wonder when Yamato will release this armor for the 1/60, I'll take one.

Most certainly. This looks a little out of proportion, and a tad bland (might depend on who paints it up though), and I don't think that it will stand up to more dynamic poses. The Yamato will be able to handle it.