just a little thing

i'm quite surprised to see how rude are the mods!

i'm personaly a mod for an japanim seller in france, and i'm ALWAYS polite, using "sorry" or "excuse me" ....

i now there are rules, and we need it, but please be polite !

we are not in the army, we are humans, we made mystakes (like evrybody).

and the post from roy_fokker in the movie and tv version make me think about the orders back in my army time:

we thaught, you walk ! there are rules, aply them ! ....

this is not a "reolution" post , just a notice. tale whatever You want from it ....

PS: sorry if i made mystakes, it's about midnight here, and i'm quite tired !

anyway nice to see this forum back in line :)

Ditto to what Azrael said.

Also who here is called the mean mod anyways ;).

' Sorry' & and 'excuse me' are luxuries we don't always have time for (especially in time like this). I know people would like to see a reason why a topic of their's was closed but a lot of topics are being closed or moved and we have little time post anything but a something short and direct.

When things are back to normal the other mods should be nice again. ;)

As a retired MW mod, I know the things can be pretty crazy when it comes to modding this board, Roy got it right: at some point politness gimmicks become luxuries the mods can't afford if they want the job to be done. :-)

De rigueur catcphrase: Can't we all get along ? :rolleyes:

Yoshi tu as retrouvé mes MP dans la grotte archeologique de l'ancien forum ? :)

Tiens salut !

Hmm ben en fait je ne me rappelle de ces MP, mais attends je sors mon casque avec une lampe dessus et je file de ce pas dans la grotte :-)

putain ca fait plaisir de se faire cracher dessus de la sorte ! je donnais juste un avis, j'ai été gentil et c'est limite si je ne me fait pas virer ! heureusement que je ne suis pas comme ca sur les sites ou je suis modo ! meme quand c'est la merde je suis toujours courtois MOI ! enfin apparemment le coté obscure est plus fort que tout! je vous dit adieu (je pense etre viré apres ca mais bon)

*trad off*

Edited by isamu_dyson

hmmm... I can't understand half of what's going on here

yeah, that's the same thing that happened when the Tower Of Babel fell. :rolleyes:

Isamu, we've all been here long enough to know that the mods do this for free. S & G trusts them to make decisions that may piss someone off. If you have issues with a mod, take it up to S & G. They are the "higher power" :)

Edited by Omni Existence

hmmm... I can't understand half of what's going on here

Isamu, we've all been here long enough to know that the mods do this for free. S & G trusts them to make decisions that may piss someone off. If you have issues with a mod, take it up to S & G. They are the "higher power" :)

yeah, that's the same thing that happened when the Tower Of Babel fell. :rolleyes:

No... someone used cheap second hand bricks when founding the base of the Tower. <_< :p B)

ROTFLMAO. This thread is the funniest sh!t I've read all week...

...so I'll throw in my own rant for all you mods out there (whether for this board or another)*. *I'm not brown-nosing, just giving my own commentary from my own experiences of working as a PT Bouncer for a local club to make light of this thread :p :P

From Webster's dictionary:

2 mod-er-ate: 1. to lessen the intensity of: Temper

2. To act as a moderator

IMO, the title of "Moderator" just doesn't seem to fit the actual job you guys do for these boards. No offense, but it just sounds wimpy. You guys talk about your "moderator powers' and I just can't help but snicker on the side...So here's a small suggestion; what about changing your title of "Moderator" to "Bouncer"? A "Moderator" sounds like they should be 'mediating in a peaceful manner' but a "Bouncer" has that allure of being A-holes if need be or when they want to be. Hey it fits perfectly for you Max and your 'You feel offended by me and my actions?, tuff..' attitiude. So, along with your banning people powers (kickin people out of clubs, in this case from these boards), this is the perfect title for you guys.

DAMN what the hell am I typing?... F-ing hangover....

I'm just wondering.

How many mods on macrossworld do we have?

Would the moderator workload be better distributed if each main thread had one moderator or certain moderators could be asked about certain topics/specialties?

I forgot that Roy Focker was not the only macrossworld moderator around because he's posting so much to get this macrossworld forum into some kind of order, so I pm 'd him. No rush order, thanks.

Moderating is supposed to be a "fun" hobby, but I guess not always.

Edited by boinger

I'm just wondering.

How many mods on macrossworld do we have?

Would the moderator workload be better distributed if each main thread had one moderator or certain moderators could be asked about certain topics/specialties?

I forgot that Roy Focker was not the only macrossworld moderator around because he's posting so much to get this macrossworld forum into some kind of order, so I pm 'd him. No rush order, thanks.

Moderating is supposed to be a "fun" hobby, but I guess not always.

Super O, Dangard Ace, Max, Roy, and MilkMan X are the current active mods. We have AidanK and Escaflown4 who are currently MIA.

Its...

"You feel offended with how I enforce the rules, tough."

I am not going to pretend to be everyone's friend because I am not. Seasoned members know that I am very reasonable for the most part and on the occasions that I have made mistakes in the past I have admitted them and allowed the members to put their threads back up. Frankly I have no patience for people whining about my/our methods, if they really don't like it then they can take a hike and find some other site. Let us talk about Macross! We're here to have a good time talking to others that enjoy the same things as we do. If you want to break the rules/post nonsense, then I don't like you. I'm not afraid to be matter of fact and that's how it is. Shawn seems to appreciate me, Roy does too(I take heat off of him B) )... so does MMX. Each moderator has their own style and as I've stated before; I don't walk on eggshells for anyone.

Exo:

Use a translation program like Alta vista. You can make out most of it that way.

And...

"Moderator" sounds like they should be 'mediating in a peaceful manner' but a "Bouncer" has that allure of being A-holes if need be or when they want to be.

Bouncers? Interesting of that would mean most of the people here are drunks taking a piss on the side of the bar. :p

And Max...

He's really trying to beat me as the mean mod. When we have to get tough it's not because of a choice (Okay maybe with me it is ;) ). We get tough when we have to. Anyone can say I moderate over here or the moderators over there don't act like this. Yeah they don't but MW is different animal all together. I also see members here joking about the quality of the membership on other boards. If there wasn't such a tough moderating presence here you will all have reason to joke about this one as well.

I was or still was known a the mean one. I haven't changed at all. Max I think has become more like me! He didn't act like this at first but I'm guessing he had to adjust for the needs of the board.

:ph34r:

Ah just wait until we get our mod "power ups!".  That's when you'll have to worry about us being mean.  :blink:  :ph34r:

I just asked a question...

and about your "power ups" learn that's NOT a good way for moderators to act this way...

and you'd be wrong to think i'm a noob...

take a look on the forum where I'm a mod and you'll see what a mess forum is :

FORUMS JEUX ONLINE

Macrossworld is maybe the biggest forum about macross, but far to be the most important forum ever made...

So come back on earth for a wild...

My last sentence has only ONE purprose :

I think the mods are a little "hard" and that's all !

Shawn & Graham your website is GREAT !

Edited by MAX DYRL JENIUS

Ah just wait until we get our mod "power ups!".  That's when you'll have to worry about us being mean.  :blink:  :ph34r:

Guess I should have put a happy smilie after that. <_>

Oh and before you go off and get all huffy I'm not bucking for mean mod, I'm the easy going one. Until someone does something stupid that is and I'll slap them down just as hard as anyone else.

Guess I should have put a happy smilie after that. <_<

Oh and before you go off and get all huffy I'm not bucking for mean mod, I'm the easy going one. Until someone does something stupid that is and I'll slap them down just as hard as anyone else.

I'm french so please use COMMON english...

oki oki do as you wish. but this lack of courtesy make me sick !

Have you ever done any work for free!? I remember painting the YWCA one year with my Fraternity... We painted the ENTIRE building my last year as Fraternity President and after we were done the director of the facility came and bitched about how loud we were while we were painting... I said: "Listen cun+, next time you can pay someone to do it."

If you had you would know how iritating it can be when people bitch at you.

I understand that you are pissed, but drop it. Mods work and get nuthin.'

I think I'm way more easygoing as a moderator, only because I'm unsure whether to edit and/or delete/close a topic most of the time. So I just sit there until another moderator does it. :D Then I know for next time.

I think I'm way more easygoing as a moderator, only because I'm unsure whether to edit and/or delete/close a topic most of the time. So I just sit there until another moderator does it. :D Then I know for next time.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've modded before. It's never easy, but fortunately the places I've modded were pretty small. Everyone got along alot better than they do here lol.

There's been times I've had to lay the smackdown though. And I love it every time...

*evil chortle into evil laugh*

<_<

Vostok 7

I understand that you are pissed, but drop it. Mods work and get nuthin.'

I agree with you all to a point. Yes, the mods are doing this strictly as volunteer work. But at the same time, I can't go soft on them because they are doing this strictly as volunteer work. It's not like Shawn is holding their families hostage, they're free to leave whenever they want. Also, unlike painting buildings, there would be no shortage of volunteers, since dozens of people here have literally begged to become mods (hell, one even succeeded). To some degree, the mods must enjoy moderating here. And hey, they do a pretty good job at that. So if a mod bitch slaps a member for getting out of line and that member gets upset, I trust the mods to work it out, they always have. I just don't want to see a mod crying "wah wah wah, feel sorry for me cause I get a hundred angry PM's a day, wah wah wah!" :lol:

I'm french so please use COMMON english...

Easy.

1) posts that contain smilies are usually said in a humorous manner unless it's the angry smilie. For a moderator on another board you should know this.

2) fine you don't want want to be treated like a noob. Don't go walking into another forum and act like everyone should respect your opinion just because you mod somewhere else. We don't know you from Joe, Jack or Jim from down the street. Though I do appreciate you trying to calm down Isamu. "Everything will look better in the morning."

3) why the hell do I want to come back to Earth when the view is so much better up here?? :p

SuperOstrich: yeah you are more easy going. If you were anymore easygoing we'd have to pour you into a bucket and place that beside a computer to get any modding done. :lol::p:lol:

TheLoneWolf: "wah wah wah, feel sorry for me cause I get a hundred angry PM's a day, wah wah wah!" :blink::blink::blink:

:wacko::wacko::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You guys got to understand the enormous amount of crap the mods have to put up with here. If anything bad goes down its always their fault. And besides... 99% of the members here just won't learn if you don't push them around a little.

As long as you don't let comments get to you and respect the board rules.... you will get along with the mods just fine.