The Worst Of Each Mode By Company

do not disturb

in keeping things fun, heres your chance to pick the worst mode by each company. :D

just list the 3 modes, which company made the worst(stock)VF-1 toy in each mode, and why(if you feel like it).

each mode should be judge on its overall looks based on proportions, line art and/or anime accuracy, its your pick and your eyes. they don't even have to transform, they can be single mode toys as long as they're VF-1 toys and they are ugly. this is not to bash or praise any particular company.

fighter - the matchbox VF-1. i know that answer should be a given and excluded from this thread but its truly the worst toy every made.

gerwalk - i hate to say it but to me its the (stock)bandai 1/55. i've seen smaller scale stuff that looks more accurate that the ever so stiff 1/55.

battroid - 1/150ish scale K&M figures. its cool because its small and has 3 modes but thats the only reason why its cool. and by far its got the worst head sculpts in macross history.

fighter - the matchbox VF-1.  i know that answer should be a given and excluded from this thread but its truly the worst toy every made. 

425298[/snapback]

Agreed they should have put it down at birth

gerwalk - i hate to say it but to me its the (stock)bandai 1/55.  i've seen smaller scale stuff that looks more accurate that the ever so stiff 1/55.

425298[/snapback]

I cant say I totally agree here as a member of the 1/55 apreciation club.

I can see where you shooting from. Hence my 1/55 mod (link in sig) when its done I'll move onto a Gerwalk version

battroid - 1/150ish scale K&M figures.  its cool because its small and has 3 modes but thats the only reason why its cool.  and by far its got the worst head sculpts in macross history.

425298[/snapback]

Yup one look at Battroid and you know only Gerwalk or Fighter will do for these.

As far as Gerwalk is concerned how about the small (I think made by Taka and maybe others) a little over 6ins tall in Battroid mode cheap VF1`s. They were available in the 80`s and cost a couple of £ or $ the Gerwalk mode is awful Its like you steped on a Gerwalk and put it in a blister pack the fighter mode is as bad in fact the only mode work even looking at is Battroid. Everthings in proportion except the cockpit which has been sculpted with a Breadknife. Comparing one of these to the line art is like saying a 1/48 is a good paper aeroplane.

If anyone is unsure about this I`ll post a picture and your doubts will be silenced (I have 3 of em).

Edited by big F

You've summed it up for me H. To be honest I wouldn't have put in the Matchbox one casue it's not available for retail anymore, but if you are taking about the worst ever in history, then you are right.

What's next BTW? Best value for money in each mode? :lol:

Worset fighter (all-time): Matchbox very-tech

This thing doesn't transform and it still has swing bars. At least it could hold GI Joes.

Worst gerwalk/battroid (all-time): Takatoku Henkei/Converters/Macres Bootlegs

Just fugly in every way.

Worst fighter (recent): MPC

This thing is up-bowed, has the most inaccurate nose section, and the worst chest-plate/canopy transition – for a 1/55 scale toy, that’s a disgrace.

Worst gerwalk (recent): 1/60

Without a proper A-stance, a gerwalk just isn’t cool in any way.

Worst battroid (recent) MPC

An anorexic, huge-hipped, big-chested, stretched out abomination derived from the already inaccurate HCM.

post-3171-1155680137_thumb.jpg

Edited by ghostryder

Are you sure the Takatoku Henkei/Converters/Macres Bootlegs should be included? I don't even think that thing was MEANT to be transformed to fighter mode. You literally just turn the arms & legs backwards and fold the head in. Does anyone have a digicam? You'll know what I mean. :blink:

Haterist is right, the Matchbox VF-1 should be excluded as it'd be the default winner. That's not fair to the rest of the losers.

Fighter: Banpresto Dyrl series one. The legs and arms would not stay together any kind of way. Series TV two, Super three, & Strike four much better.

Gerwalks: Converters/Macres Bootlegs

Battroid: K&M transforming one. Yuck. Most of mine are still in the plastic bags and will stay that way forever.

I could not find a pic of the Taka/Converter in G or F mode, but here's the back of the box.... EEEWWWW

On the bright side, the fighter mode does a damn good Legioss+Tread imitation  :lol:

425385[/snapback]

Here you go admitidly this one has a missing arm and the funny back pack that some of them had but here you go, I really couldnt be bothered to get my Roy one down from where it is glued.

post-3178-1155683525_thumb.jpg post-3178-1155683575_thumb.jpg

What's sad is that although we laugh now, these were the pieces of crap that we were stuck with as kids because 1/55s and transformers were too expensive.

For all of those who were stuck with these gumball machine turds, eraser valks, and pencil sharpeners, I salute you :(

Edited by ghostryder

Here you go admitidly this one has a missing arm and the funny back pack that some of them had but here you go, I really couldnt be bothered to get my Roy one down from where it is glued.

big F,

This thing has a hay bail for a backpack and the blue plastic is actually yellowed. Congratulations, you've made this grown man cry.

What's sad is that although we laugh now, these were the pieces of crap that we were stuck with as kids because 1/55s and trandformers were too expensive.

For all of those who were stuck with these gumball machine turds, eraser valks, and pencil sharpeners, I salute you

I just thought to myself: I can imagine that the sharpener is really a massive fast pack.

I could not find a pic of the Taka/Converter in G or F mode, but here's the back of the box.... EEEWWWW

On the bright side, the fighter mode does a damn good Legioss+Tread imitation  :lol:

425385[/snapback]

425395[/snapback]

Wow, that brings back memories. When i was a kid and knew of Roboteh and not Macross, i had one of those that I don't even remember where i got it from... a friend or someone, but you won't believe the fun I had with that ugly piece of crap.

Yamato has taken Macross a long way1

post-3178-1155683525_thumb.jpg  post-3178-1155683575_thumb.jpg

I had one of these as a kid ... at the time, it was the ONLY Macross toy I owned!! And I didn't realize that the kid next door, who had a G1 TF Jetfire - had a chunky monkey replica.

:ph34r:

Worst Toy Ever:

And it doesnt even have a Gerwalk mode and its transformable...

425424[/snapback]

haha, i was hoping you'd show up in this thread with that metallic abomination. :D

so anyone got more pics of the "Vattroid" from the other page? :lol:

where are you jenius?

Yeah I have to say that is the absolute worse thing that would be in all 3 modes. I was looking for a pic of it. I use to have 2 of them. Good lord, what was I thinking when I was 14 at the time?

425385[/snapback]

425395[/snapback]

Yeah I have to say that is the absolute worse thing that would be in all 3 modes. I was looking for a pic of it. I use to have 2 of them. Good lord, what was I thinking when I was 14 at the time?

It's got sort of an Orguss mecha charm to it - just a big, f*cked-up pile of parts folded over each other with little wings sticking out - Presto! A fighter!

I challenge anyone to find a VF-1 toy more objectionable that this thing. We may have our winner...

Totoro242,

And how the frack does this bling bling transform? I'd wear it around my neck with a big chain, or use it as a hood ornament... :p

I challenge anyone to find a VF-1 toy more objectionable that this thing. We may have our winner...

425640[/snapback]

haha...incredible as it may seem, it even beats out the matchbox VF-1 on terms of fighter mode and the VF-bling is right up there with it.

but lets not judge too quickly folks, i know i'd like to see some more entries. LOL! :D

Heh heh I have another one that is red and white. In Battroid mode from a distance 10 feet or more they look really good. I have them sitting in the space above the Bedroom wardrobe in my office. They do have a sort of kitch charm about them. I got the Roy one in around 1986 in a sort smaller than 1/55 but more playable than my model kits way.

In 1986 we didnt know any better. I was only 14 at the time. £2.50 was half my paper route money fo the week.

The other two missfits were part of a large Macross/ Roblowgoats auction from some time ago. I just couldnt throw em out although the Rowblowgoats figures my just have to be melted even if they are MOC.

That gold plated thing is Bleerch!!

Theres a matchbox VF1 on eBlag at the moment (no bids as I write).

Graham we need to set up a Macross toy Rouges Gallery for this stuff

Edited by big F

Totoro242,

And how the frack does this bling bling transform?  I'd wear it around my neck with a big chain, or use it as a hood ornament...  :p

425640[/snapback]

It comes apart and is re-assembled. You can see in the lower left of the picture how to "transform" it :)

Edited by Totoro242

I use to have 2 of them.  Good lord, what was I thinking when I was 14 at the time?

425590[/snapback]

Back then the toy manufacturers were counting on the fact that kids used a good amount of imagination while playing with their toys. These days kids complain that the thread that's holding the big yellow buttons on Mario's and Luigi's pants don't look real enough. <_<

Back then the toy manufacturers were counting on the fact that kids used a good amount of imagination while playing with their toys.

425876[/snapback]

Hey I remember imaginations all kids had them in the 70`s and 80`s

These days kids complain that the thread that's holding the big yellow buttons on Mario's and Luigi's pants don't look real enough. <_<

425876[/snapback]

So true !!