1/100 Toynami Valks Thread

Vermillion21

Guest sh002

Although not as accurate and durable at 1/100 scale, this goes to show that 1/72 valkyrie toys can be possible. Too bad nobody is making them.

Does the VF-1A version have a different neck piece? Its head doesn't stick up as much compared to the others. The VF-1J's look okay but the necks look too long. The VF-1S needs a new head sculpt.

while these toys are a lot of fun, and certainly okay for a child under 14, I definitely wouldn't recommend them for a five year old.

A 1/72 version of the 1/100 toy (with hands that slid out and landing gears that didn't need removing) would be schweet.

• 3 weeks later...

Question, the ball aside, just how durable and easily transformable are these? I ask because my stepson turns five next month and wants a Hikaru and Sempei Valkyrie, and was thinking of getting him the first release 3 pack.

For a 5 year old, I'd go for the Bandai reissues. I gave my son my VF-1J Hikaru reissue when he was 2 years and 9 months old and 2 months later it's still in one piece.

Graham

For a 5 year old, I'd go for the Bandai reissues. I gave my son my VF-1J Hikaru reissue when he was 2 years and 9 months old and 2 months later it's still in one piece.

Graham

I agree with Graham. Having bought 2 1/100's in febuary, I can certainly say, you'd want them in a 14 year old's hands. These will not survive kids. If it were made by PVC it might be different, but nearly the entire thing is made of ABS, it has tougher plastic than a 1/144 gundam kit, but its constructed in a very similar fashion.

Besides, the bandais are awesome, historic, and hell I am 23 and still love them! They may not be the most accurate and sure they are dated, but they are still the most durable and playable valkrie toys out there!

Funny thing about the 1/100 is that its best mode is the battroid mode.

Actually, I'd say 'most durable' award goes to the 1/65 VF-17D/S toys.

Despite having no metal parts besides screws and a few springs it is nigh indestructible

Graham

Oh I should have clarified, I meant as in most durable VF-1. I have yet to handle the VF-17S(stupid me didn't order it when it was $30 and reissued not too long ago).

Hey, cool pics! Specially the first one. The composition is awsome! It's like Macross photographed by David La Chapelle :D

OMG! Those pictures!!! You are sick!

not as sick as me, but definitely sick....

I'm tellin' ya', those 1/100's are some awesome lookin' toys.

Thanks you guys!! ! !! : D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Wave 3 should come with three Cannon Fodders with different markings, yeah!

You forgot Max's TV Type VF-1A! NO ONE has bothered making that! AT ALL! Yet its the one he kicked the most ass in(the one episode where he saved Hikaru, Kakizaki and Misa on board the Zentran ship then disguised himself as a soldier, and of course, the first fight he had with Milia).

Personally, I think if they do release anymore 1/100s, it'll be like this:

1. You can buy DYRL fast-packed valks, NO armor sold seperately

2. Also, FP'd valks from the TV series, again, you'll have to purchase the valk with the armor.

3. Of course, a cannon fodder 1A.

4. MAYBE Max's 1A as a "special" release or comic-con thing.

5. Maybe GBP, sold without a valk.

And then there's the possibility that they won't MAKE anymore 1/100s. In that case, get ready to customize customize customize.

You forgot Max's TV Type VF-1A! NO ONE has bothered making that! AT ALL! Yet its the one he kicked the most ass in(the one episode where he saved Hikaru, Kakizaki and Misa on board the Zentran ship then disguised himself as a soldier, and of course, the first fight he had with Milia).

Toynami did release Max & Bens's TV Type VF-1A's as specail edition Super-Poseables.

I understand the special significance of Max's TV 1a, but you gotta agree that that scheme is the worse of all. You see that valk from above in fighter mode and it's completely white! How lame is that?

Toynami still can reissue wave 1 with all the fixes and if that is not enough they can always use Yamato as example and release a wave of non canon schemes.

I was taking a look at pics of 1/100 Toynami valks, and yes they're not perfect, but in that scale I don't think you can do a variable valk any better and keep it sturdy and playable. Lets face it, these are made to be handled, although not as much as any other toy like a transformer. Since they come fastpack ready, has anybody of you considered they were maybe GBP-1S ready also? That's why they have slimer lower legs and big shoulders. Look at Yamato 1/60 and 1/48 valks, for them to accomodate shoulder launchers you have to put additional shoulder pads. That's why 1/100 toynamis have bigger shoulders, to put shoulder launchers on them w/o other accessories. Since the major gripe on Toynami masterpieces was how flimsy the valks were, the legs are skinnier because of the leg armor for GBP-1S, you want to have a durable piece at 1/100 scale, that means thicker material.

I'd be surprised to discover Toynami plans anything out ahead of time at all. I'd place their advance thinking at 2 months at most. This gives them plenty of time to react to any given situation, and to screw over macross/robotech fans easier.

I'd be surprised to discover Toynami plans anything out ahead of time at all. I'd place their advance thinking at 2 months at most. This gives them plenty of time to react to any given situation, and to screw over macross/robotech fans easier.

No way, Toynami has to think a full year at LEAST in advance. I mean, just look at the MPC Cyclone announcement... when do you think you're going to be able to buy those bad boys? 1/100 Fast Packs? Oh they're coming... next year.

When they do these 1/100 valks with FP that force you to buy the valk with the FP, somebody buy them and suggest they do the destroids and enemy powered armor. If you ask now maybe they will be ready in 5 years. 1/100 qrau is needed to fight the 1/100 valks. Just put lots of articulation in those legs so I can put it on a stand and have the legs folded down in fetal position to recreate the move that they do when unleashing all the micromissiles. Can't quite bend the legs all the way on the yamato one.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker