Spanish 1/55 Bandai Super Valkyrie 1990

Ginrai

Hey folks, a few years ago I remember seeing the Spanish release of the Bandai 1/55 Super Valkyrie on one of the toy websites (I thought it was VF1X.com, but I checked it in archive.org and I was wrong). The box looks the same as the Japanese one, except translated into Spanish, and IIRC the missiles are missing and the spring is missing from the gun.

First off, does anyone have some good quality pictures of this? Second, what countries was this released in? Mexico? Spain? Latin American countries?

Thanks much for any help.

I know for sure it was released in Spain. And if I'm correct, it came with blue fast packs and Hikaru's 1S instead.

415659[/snapback]

i think the one u mention boba is a taiwan bootleg.

415663[/snapback]

Right, that is the Taiwan bootleg, of which there is a white and grey valk version. The Bandai 1990 did have official releases in a Spanish language box as well as an Italian language box. But I forget if they were just stickers added to the standard box or not.

I know for sure it was released in Spain. And if I'm correct, it came with blue fast packs and Hikaru's 1S instead.

415659[/snapback]

415663[/snapback]

you mean this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

415911[/snapback]

nope, not that one. The one I'm talking about came in the exact box as the 1990 reissue, but the stryofoam was one piece, not seperate.

is this is the taiwan version you're talking about?

Taiwan1-55VF-1SSuperBlueArmorAll.jpg

Box difference is that it doesnt have the bandai logo on the bottom right.

415659[/snapback]

415663[/snapback]

you mean this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

415911[/snapback]

nope, not that one. The one I'm talking about came in the exact box as the 1990 reissue, but the stryofoam was one piece, not seperate.

415924[/snapback]

Edited by LiQuiD[EViL]

Guys, guys, I'm -not- talking about the Taiwan bootleg with dark blue armor and Hikaru's DYRL colors. I'm talking about the toy that is the exact same thing as the Japanese release of the 1990 Super Valkyrie only the box has Spanish writing on it instead of Japanese.

I haven't seen the spanish one [or itallian] but I always thought the taiwanese was a good quality bootleg. Slightly beeter than joon's quality and more metal. I didn't however realize until I recieved a bandai 1990 that the taiwan is not a boot of it but of an earlier 1s. I got confused and had to ask for confirmation but the 1990 bandai does not have triggers for the landing gear or even slots where they would go. If you look at the taiwanese it clearely does. Still not a bad to and the armor wasn't bad. We need more bootleg f/p's!

Itallian... I have the itallian strike valk. the one that came packaged in half a strike box with no f/p's. It's a bootleg though and definately wasn't a specially packaged bandai. You should search out the old 1/55's revisited thread and see if there is anything of use there. ;)

The Italian one is definitely a bootleg (I can't recall the exact company name... Capetti or something, but I can check when I get home), but the Spanish 1990 Super Valkyrie is -NOT- a bootleg. It is made by Bandai, and it even has a Bandai copyright on the toy itself and on the box. The Taiwanese bootleg (which as someone pointed out is a bootleg of the original Takatoku/Bandai VF-1S not the later Bandai 1990 one) doesn't have Bandai on it, nor does the Italian one.

So no one saved pictures of the Spanish one? Come on, guys!

I own the Spanish one. I believe it is identical to the Japanese release and it is not a bootleg since it says Bandai on the box and on the toy. Missiles and springs in the gunpod are all there. However, the one difference is that while in Japan it was packaged in two separate styrofoam trays (one for the FAST packs, one for the valk), the Spanish release has just one long tray in the box. Oh, and the instructions are in Spanish.

I own the Spanish one.  I believe it is identical to the Japanese release and it is not a bootleg since it says Bandai on the box and on the toy.  Missiles and springs in the gunpod are all there.  However, the one difference is that while in Japan it was packaged in two separate styrofoam trays (one for the FAST packs, one for the valk), the Spanish release has just one long tray in the box.  Oh, and the instructions are in Spanish.

416362[/snapback]

any pix for these???

I own the Spanish one.  I believe it is identical to the Japanese release and it is not a bootleg since it says Bandai on the box and on the toy.  Missiles and springs in the gunpod are all there.  However, the one difference is that while in Japan it was packaged in two separate styrofoam trays (one for the FAST packs, one for the valk), the Spanish release has just one long tray in the box.  Oh, and the instructions are in Spanish.

416362[/snapback]

any pix for these???

416367[/snapback]

No, cos it's in London and I'm not. But the box has both Spanish and Portuguese on it.

ewww... you guys should know by hard all the details about the 1/55 releases. Shame on you boys.

The 1990 Super valk was released by bandai, it is an original product, not a boot. They sold the 1990 vertion in Europe with same box but different lenguages. In fact the ITALIAN vertion is same as the Spanish and the Japanese Vertions, all the same toy from the same company, BanDai. Differences on this valk was the new head sculpt and the legs landing gears, rest was just recolor. Maybe there are some more stickers in the japanese one... dont think so. IMO the ABS Bandai Used on the 1990 release was crappier.

The taiwanese vertion only ripped the 1990 box but it is in fact a copy of the 1/55 Stike Valk by Bandai.

The Italian company distribuiting the Bandai products in Italy was named "Giocatolly Preciosi" or something like that, they usually put their sticker covering the BanDai one.

Betwen the Sstrike Valk and the 1990 Super valk I would definetelly choose the strike. It was cooler and better. Also the landing gears on the 1990 where horrible.

ewww... you guys should know by hard all the details about the 1/55 releases.  Shame on you boys.

The 1990 Super valk was released by bandai, it is an original product, not a boot.  They sold the 1990 vertion in Europe with same box but different lenguages.  In fact the ITALIAN vertion is same as the Spanish and the Japanese Vertions, all the same toy from the same company, BanDai.  Differences on this valk was the new head sculpt and the legs landing gears, rest was just recolor. Maybe there are some more stickers in the japanese one... dont think so. IMO the ABS Bandai Used on the 1990 release was crappier.

The taiwanese vertion only ripped the 1990 box but it is in fact a copy of the 1/55 Stike Valk by Bandai.

The Italian company distribuiting the Bandai products in Italy was named "Giocatolly Preciosi" or something like that, they usually put their sticker covering the BanDai one.

Betwen the Sstrike Valk and the 1990 Super valk I would definetelly choose the strike.  It was cooler and better.  Also the landing gears on the 1990 where horrible.

417392[/snapback]

so your telling me that if I bought that auction I just posted and looked behind the backplate, I'll see "made by Bandai"? :huh:

ewww... you guys should know by hard all the details about the 1/55 releases.  Shame on you boys.

The 1990 Super valk was released by bandai, it is an original product, not a boot.  They sold the 1990 vertion in Europe with same box but different lenguages.  In fact the ITALIAN vertion is same as the Spanish and the Japanese Vertions, all the same toy from the same company, BanDai.  Differences on this valk was the new head sculpt and the legs landing gears, rest was just recolor. Maybe there are some more stickers in the japanese one... dont think so. IMO the ABS Bandai Used on the 1990 release was crappier.

417392[/snapback]

I thought I was pretty clear in my earlier post that the Spanish and Italian releases were official Bandai, just with an altered wording box, probably with stickers.

Also, the Taiwan Super bootleg toy is not a copy of the Bandai Strike, but of the Takatoku Super. Why? Because it has the Takatoku style head lasers and obviously the armor is the standard solid super armor (tips do not pop off to fit a strike cannon). It just has the red vs. yellow stripes is all, so people automatically think strike.

Additionally, the Taiwan Super bootleg came in 2 versions, one with the valkyrie molded in white as in the above auction, and one with the valk molded in grey, which I have:

post-168-1153329811_thumb.jpg

Edited by glane21

so your telling me that if I bought that auction I just posted and looked behind the backplate, I'll see "made by Bandai"?  :huh:

Nope that auction is for a 1/55 Taiwaneese Copy.

Also, the Taiwan Super bootleg toy is not a copy of the Bandai Strike, but of the Takatoku Super.

You are totally rite, my bad. We all wished back then they made a boot of the strike, the strike armor (laser mostly) was a very rare piece.