Fifa World Cup 2006

Oihan

England lost on penalties again and I'm still feeling so depressed about it...

Why do we always have to suffer such defeats. I'm starting to really hate portugal know especially that ronaldo guy.

413224[/snapback]

Because the English team are a bunch of chokers. They don't play as a team. They are barely together to train before the world cup, and most of the time in their leagues they are rivals competing for PR and money. They have the same attitude when they play for the WC. Look at them individually, and they are among the best players in the world, but put them together and they are no more harmful than a bunch of schoolchildren.

England lost on penalties again and I'm still feeling so depressed about it...

Why do we always have to suffer such defeats. I'm starting to really hate portugal know especially that ronaldo guy.

413224[/snapback]

No offense, but Yeah I hate that Ronaldo guy as well. Hope France beat the crap out of them. :lol:

I've learned this much: If you want to win in soccer, play like Italy.

How to play like Italy, you ask?

Everytime you bump into someone, fall down and grab your shin.

Did you get bumped in the head or shoulder? Fall down and grab your shin. The ref will inevitably call a foul on the other team.

Did someone on the other team kick your right ankle? Fall down and grab your left shin (this has actually happened).

Did you run into and trip over a player who was falling down? Grab your shin and whine for a foul.

Italy is one of the most pathetic teams I have ever seen.

No matter who wins tomorrow, I hope they beat the pussy-ass pants off of Italy (although Portugal plays just as dirty, so I wouldn't mind seeing Italy get a taste of their own medicine).

Wow that game was craptastic. I wound up playing counterstrike with the occasional glance at the tv to see Shatner-esque players acting in pain. :p

I half expected the Italiens to suddenly get up, screaming: "KHAN!!!!" :lol:

Lol, there was one Italian guy who acted like he was in pain. Then he looked at the Ref and smiled...anyone see that? What a way to end the game though...2 goals w/in a minute of each other to seal their victory. You can't really say it wasn't deserved...it's not like any of the fake injuries costed them a goal or the game...just Germany's inability to score that game.

Not that I am a fan of either team that played today - but it was a tough loss for Germany. They outplayed Italy most of the game, yet still lost. A shame.

BUT, I am glad Italy got to the final ... it'll make the loss that much more bittersweet for 'em!!

GO Portugal!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Hat off to the Italian. As much as I want to see the Italian to get bombed out, I must say they did everything they needed to do to beat the German. Lets hope Portugal does win and I will have my pop corn ready for the dirtiest WC final in history :rolleyes:

Check out this Italian Training Camp video, very funny :D

And of coure here is more Italian WC humour...

post-3608-1152062795.jpg

Next time an Italian gets a foul...I hope he cops it so bad that he has to get went off the field with his shins hnaging by a few threads of muscle tissue. This is appauling.

holy crap! I didn't watch the world cup over the 4 day break because of anime expo and I come back to see germany and brazil out of the top spots?!?!? I was hoping it'd be brazil and germany at the end. Wow, what the hell happened? what a total surprise.... :blink::(

That match was quite a long, drawn out affair. Portugal looked good, but the defense by France was really solid especially in the second half. The Portugese had so much possession in the latter half of the game but just couldn't create enough strong chances or place the ball for an opportunity forward with any certainty. I'd like to say that Portugal was outplaying France, but defensively the French were on top. This sure has been a weird outcome and really a game of stamina.

That match was quite a long, drawn out affair.  Portugal looked good, but the defense by France was really solid especially in the second half.  The Portugese had so much possession in the latter half of the game but just couldn't create enough strong chances or place the ball for an opportunity forward with any certainty.  I'd like to say that Portugal was outplaying France, but defensively the French were on top.  This sure has been a weird outcome and really a game of stamina.

413944[/snapback]

Weird outcome indeed. I will say that by the end of Germany vs. Italy, I had a nagging feeling France would win today...Turned out to be true. Minus the penalty kick, Portugal did keep the game relatively scoreless. So Italy has a good chance against France, but we'll just have to wait and see. Germany vs. Portugal....I can see Germany taking this one...

Damn, Portugal is getting worked by Germany. I really like both teams, but I was hoping Portugal would put on a stellar performance against the Germans. But they are hurting and that own-goal was just so tragic. Germany is just looking unstoppable right now. Their dynamic and fluid, shuffling around the field with speed and skill. An amazing performance.

Zidane got a red card for headbutting an italien player in the chest on purpose. :) What a way to go out, in disgrace for being a dick.

Go Italy!

additon: ITALY WINS!!!! And my neighbors probably hate me for cheeering on the penalty kicks! :lol:

Edited by Sumdumgai

Zidane is going to be vilified for not controlling his temper.

SNIP

414697[/snapback]

No he won't.

What people are gonna bytch at is the France coach sending Trezeguet to shot against Buffon, his goalie teammate on Juventus, hello? Tre had to switch to a less familiar shot to beat a goalie who knows him too well, and missed.

Edited by Viceland

Zidane is going to be vilified for not controlling his temper.

SNIP

414697[/snapback]

No he won't.

What people are gonna bytch at is the France coach sending Trezeguet to shot against Buffon, his goalie teammate on Juventus, hello? Tre had to switch to a less familiar shot to beat a goalie who knows him too well, and missed.

414699[/snapback]

Yes, he will.

Regardless of how well Italy outshot Barthez, people are going to look to Zidane for an explanation on why he lost his cool and got his arse kicked out of the game.

Zidane is just stupid... he thought he could get away with it.

Many people think he's a goodplayer... but infact he's just using his reputation to bring fear to his opponents.

Go Italy!

Hmm gonna check out if any pizza's or lasagna's are low prized tomorrow at the mart.