Fifa World Cup 2006

Oihan

You should have heard the screams, the howls, and stomping going on when Zidane was red carded. Then everyone went silent for a while. My god, I thought that the populace was going to rip each other apart and eat each other! :o

I read that he's been red carded before for headbutting a guy. So it's not like it's a first time or anything. :p

He got redcarded in '98 for stomping on a Saudi Arabian player's back when the player was down.

Temper, temper. All he had to was keep his cool for 10 more minutes and, win or lose, his career would've gone out on a high note (2nd place at World Cup ain't bad). Instead he had to play the idiot. I wouldn't be surprised if the trash-talking was fierce, but there is never any good reason for what he did.

Didn't the Italian mumble something to Zidane?

Is a real pity that people are taking it out on Zidane. He had been such a great player for the decade and to see him to go out in such fashion is very disappointing. :(

Well, I like to congrate the winner but I won't, the Italian are cheat and I don't know how they have the gut to parade their medal infront of their kids.

Well, as they said this is football. What a way to end a world cup -_-

Regardless of how well Italy outshot Barthez, people are going to look to Zidane for an explanation on why he lost his cool and got his arse kicked out of the game.

414700[/snapback]

italian defense is great but who wants to watch a match with defense all the time?...bah..

too bad France had to lose...thyve been attacking A LOT in the 120 minutes but guess luck sides on the Italians. :(

To me this final was a big letdown you had a team from Italy that has most of its players under investigation for corruption vs. the french which well... I learned from bambi if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

414727[/snapback]

I think that the Italian clubs from which some of the players come are under investigation for referee tampering and whatnot, but the players themselves are not under any investigatory cloud. At least from everything that I have read.

I didn't like either team in this game. At least France was beaten....but then again, I'm not a great fan of Italy. Zidane got what he deserved for that foul.

As Roy said earlier, thread is off topic and I will close it tomorrow (if no one gets to it first). Feel free to add any comments or rants.

Viva Italia!

man these guys could teach broadway a thing or two about acting. the "injuries" are the big thing that keeps me away from soccer..

that and the childish brovado of the players.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2828/zidanesf9ee7mk.gif

don't know who did it.

414815[/snapback]

While I cannot endorse that type of behavior on the field, that .gif is pretty damned funny.

414836[/snapback]

Agreed. :lol: Funny how in fighting games a single hit turns into multiple hit combos.

addition: Man, a number of French people are saying: "what he did was alright because he was team captain. And if he felt he needed to immediately attack someone, then he was in his right and it was perfectly fine." :angry: Freaking retarded. Although one of the sports newspapers ripped Zidane a new one in their articles, whiles other newspapers were less critical or praising.

Edited by Sumdumgai