If The Low Vis Were To Be Re-released...

Chet

...what would you change?

I ask this question because I'm guessing the only way Yamato could justify re-releasing a toy which was supposed to be a limited edition would be to make subtle differences between the two releases. That way, the original will always be distinct, preserving its value.

I guess the first thing I would change would be the color of the gunpod. White just doesn't do it for me. I was thinking maybe the standard black used on previous Valkyries' gunpods, charcoal grey or maybe even navy blue. I guess the ordnance could stay white, but I wouldn't mind seeing them match the color of the gunpod. Is there some military protocol for the color of wing mounted ordnance?

Another idea would be to change the color of the battroid's hands to black or charcoal grey. The contrast would be similar to the "gloved" effect achieved on the Low Vis. Woodland Valkyrie.

Did the color of the feet of the original Low Vis. match the body or was it darker? It would be nice if they matched the hands.

release it with a colour matching fast pack as a set. and of coz hands too.

409014[/snapback]

Same here. I'd also change the paint just a wee bit to make it a little more lowvizzy in an atmosphere instead of the nearly straight grey paint used. I think it needs a little tweeking as far as atmospheric camoflage goes.

MARTIAN LOWVIS!!!!

Every time this thread comes up I say the same thing :)

I want to see the exact same paint tone but replace the light blue with light orange and the light gray with a very pale orangey brown. It'd be my martian LowVis.

It would be cool if they could change the cockpit canopy to look like an F-14. and a 1S head.

409034[/snapback]

Well, since we're in wishful thinking land, I'd say go all the way with the F-14 similarity and do a two-seater. :D

409391[/snapback]

MARTIAN LOWVIS!!!!

Every time this thread comes up I say the same thing :)

I want to see the exact same paint tone but replace the light blue with light orange and the light gray with a very pale orangey brown.  It'd be my martian LowVis.

409411[/snapback]

How about a combo of both : 2 seater Martian Low Viz.

It would be cool if they could change the cockpit canopy to look like an F-14. and a 1S head.

409034[/snapback]

Well, since we're in wishful thinking land, I'd say go all the way with the F-14 similarity and do a two-seater. :D

409391[/snapback]

I'd also be kinda cool if you have F-14 missile placement. I've been watching Macross Zero music videos and the F-14's have the missiles placed more on the under carriage than solely on the wings like the VF-0/1. I know that causes difficulties in terms of the transformation sequence, but I think it would make a really nice "heavily armed" look, especially with the fastpacks.

Oh yeah, and we could have it as a Martian low viz two seater F-14 style canopy VF-1 low viz with F-14 style missile placement. :p

Change the head turret to 1S. Make it so the weathering doesn't come off on your hands when you touch it. Add the tv series hands, and maybe just maybe see if you can tampo print the finer details that are likely to peel off as stickers.

I don't really care for fast packs since I think these would only be good for space.

As a little bonus maybe they could make a 1/48 gummy figure of the pilot standing up with helmet in hand. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

make the next Low Viz a VF-1S and throw in a VF1a and VF1J head

and make it Clear Plastic that would be as low visibility as you can get.

Edited by Macross73

make the next Low Viz a VF-1S and throw in a VF1a and VF1J head

and make it Clear Plastic that  would be as low visibility as you can get.

409698[/snapback]

Also, a Wonder Woman pilot figure would be cool.

409700[/snapback]

I thought the exact same thing when I read the post!

:p