Command Gundam

Sebastian

That's pretty badass. Nice custom job. Like the eyepiece, too. Did it start off as a ZZ kit or what was the base of it?

That looks pretty neat Sebastian...what was supposed to be on the shoulders? I see some peg attachments on them...

One thing I would never understand is why would a robot with the most advanced technology need an extra eye piece? is it somewhat blind?

Same thing goes for "mouth" pieces...would they drown if they are taken off??

what was supposed to be on the shoulders? I see some peg attachments on them...

On the shoulders should go the missile luncher. they use only one mold for the left and right shoulders, that is why you can see two holes.

I had modified it using a scratch built launching arm, so it dot compromise the mobility/pose of the arm and the launcher.

why would a robot with the most advanced technology need an extra eye piece? is it somewhat blind?

Because it looks cool, and it is the targeting device for the missile launcher. All the armor and the weapons on this toy are add ons. It is like an armored gundam, so it was not ment to use those weapons... If you see from the eye visor is a cable conected directly to the launcher... well that was mi idea maybe I am getting too much creative.. :rolleyes:

Same thing goes for "mouth" pieces...would they drown if they are taken off??

Which mouth pieces??? :huh:

Edited by Sebastian

That's pretty badass. Nice custom job. Like the eyepiece, too. Did it start off as a ZZ kit or what was the base of it?

Nope it is not a model kit custom, neither a 100% custom job. It is a Heavy Weapon Command Gundam released by bandai on the 90s part of the musha line. I took the toy and applied a new paint job, add some new armour, customized some parts and all the weapons. Nothing like a total custom work... I am too lazy for that. :p

That's a pretty neat job you've done there! I see a Front Mission 3 shield on the shoulder... For those who wonder what the original looked like, here are a couple of pix I took of mine:

CMD_01.jpg

and with the super-combo MG:

CMD_05.jpg

Definitely one of the most impressive DX Gundams ever made!

Edited by drifand

That's a pretty neat job you've done there! I see a Front Mission 3 shield on the shoulder... For those who wonder what the original looked like, here are a couple of pix I took of mine:

D@mnit Dri, I knew I saw those photos before somewhere, and not at your current site; some years back in fact.

As for the Command Gundam, I actually had the SD version -- very cute.

Was the Command Gundam an original design? Never seen it before, looks like something out of the alterntive universe Gundam's though. But uh, less feathers and girly stuff. :lol:

Yes and no. Like the Knight Gundam toy from the 1/100 DX series, the Command Gundam originally appeared in SD form. Its first appearance was in SD Gundam G-Arms, and Bandai "normalized" the design and made a 1/100 scale DX toy out of it.

Why does a robot have a knife?

Robots always have knives! Just look at evangelion - knives everywhere. I guess they just look cool. Robots don't need heads either but they've all got em!

Love your custom S!

Put some decals on it you lazy bastard. I wonder what that toy would be worth now? :ph34r:

I agree with an earlier comment - it reminds me of Armored Core a bit. Which is a good thing! ;) And I like it a lot better than the original paint job. Lately I've interested more in 'realistic' paint schemes - military colour shades rather than bright red with gold trim.

Love your custom S!

Put some decals on it you lazy bastard. I wonder what that toy would be worth now? :ph34r:

I agree with an earlier comment - it reminds me of Armored Core a bit. Which is a good thing! ;) And I like it a lot better than the original paint job. Lately I've interested more in 'realistic' paint schemes - military colour shades rather than bright red with gold trim.

Thanks Gup!

And YES I AM a lazy bastard. Sorry, I will apply decals. someday :lol:

The beef I have with the original toy was the paint scheme. this thing is like a tank, so it should wear some dark colors not the GOLD and CHROME plated it had.

So.

This is what I did to the toy. In the comparation pics provided by Drifand you guys cannot see the modifications.

By the way... COOL PICTURES DRIFAND!!!

1) New paint scheme, obviously.

2) I modified the right arm armor to fit a double beam canon ALA RX 78 armored Gundam. This kind of weapon is very common in the Gundam universe. It is still detachable as the armor originally was.

3) Modified the BIG rail gun and made an external attachment on the left arm. It attaches to the armor and is secured by the new custom piece you can see in the lower part of the arm. Of course also modified the trigger position.

4) What bothers me the MOST in the Command Gundam is the way the Bandai guys attached the Missile luncher pod, directly to the right shoulder. This makes the poseability of the toy suffers a lot, as well it compromise the use of the launcher. So I made a new arm specially for the launcher. It is fixed to the fast pack and also is poseable.

5) The eye piece... I looked like a stupid add on. So I made it look like the targeting sistem or the missile launcher using cable that connects directly to the launcher.

6) The Shield on the left shoulder. Pure creativity I guess heh heh. It is poseable and detachable, like everything on this toy. I did not glued anything to the toy.

Later will post better pictures..