New Pics Of Low Vis Version 2

wolfx

Color scheme looks to be based on the Mitsubishi F-1 camo, a native plane to japan thats retiring fairly soon if not already.....also a plane the JASDF and its pilots have immense national pride in...

\So it don't surprise me at all that yamato made this repaint. In fact I wonder why they did not do it SOONER. And being that Kawamori is a fighter jet nut, I'm sure this thing had his blessins.

Color scheme looks to be based on the Mitsubishi F-1 camo, a native plane to japan thats retiring fairly soon if not already.....also a plane the JASDF and its pilots have immense national pride in...

\So it don't surprise me at all that yamato made this repaint. In fact I wonder why they did not do it SOONER. And being that Kawamori is a fighter jet nut, I'm sure this thing had his blessins.

Looks like all they did was take a VF-1A CF and painted the green parts on it. At least put some green on the head!

me too! :D

but there's still that small gap on the nose cone like Graham mentioned on the Stealth <_< and the white antenna which doesnt match up with the color of the rest of the valk...

Edited by aaajin

Huh, I find it very interesting they're using a VF-0 pilot figure....wonder why....

401134[/snapback]

That's the Low-Vis pilot, not the VF-0 pilot.

401139[/snapback]

He's a pilot that's very concerned with the outward appearances of the valks he pilots. But he won't change his uniform.

Nope, sorry the antenna is white.

Graham

401394[/snapback]

Well that kinda sucks. Talk about taking the cheap route. Why not mold a new antenna in a matching color? They did it for the Max and Millia 1Js, the original Low-Vis, and the Stealth, so why not this time around? Maybe Yamato has a surplus of white antennae lying around or something? Or maybe this really is just a repaint of the CF? Those have white antennae, but at least it matches the white on the valk itself.

I guess that's enough ranting for now. While I think it's a poor color choice, it's not enough to keep me from buying this bad-boy. Besides, if I can live with that toxic-puke-green-color on the shoulders, arms, and chest of the GBP version 2, a white antenna on a camo valk is pretty minor.

Well, Yamato knows that people are going to buy this thing even if they don't tend to the little details like the antennae, so they're gonna' go ahead and milk this VF-1 thingy for all it's worth...

I have circum to the fact that Yamato will be taking me for a ride for the next 5 years…I have no more energy to complaint anymore…I am now truly its servant :( .

Well, Yamato knows that people are going to buy this thing even if they don't tend to the little details like the antennae, so they're gonna' go ahead and milk this VF-1 thingy for all it's worth...

401420[/snapback]

I'm not a big fan of the Low Viz 2 paint scheme. Maybe the reason why it has a white antenna is because Yamato was sitting on a huge backstock of cannon fodder 1/48's - so to clear them out, they "reissued" them under the Low Viz 2 label? Are the tan paint schemes the same?

Just a thought .....

:D

Graham,

So, is the LV2 out yet in HK?, or did you get a pre-release sample from Yamato?  Just wondering since you got yours, and someone else mentioned the "official" release date is 5/30.

401436[/snapback]

No it's not out yet. And yes the official release date is still 5/30.

Graham

Yeah, can you post a pic of the box art?

I'm curious to see what it looks like ....

:huh:

401116[/snapback]

Here's some pics from yahoo jp auction:

402921[/snapback]

Sweet. Interesting pastel colour choice with the "WoodLand" theme.

Thanks Major Tom for posting the pic!!!!

Still not a fan of the LV 2 though .....

:p

Yeah, can you post a pic of the box art?

I'm curious to see what it looks like ....

:huh:

401116[/snapback]

Here's some pics from yahoo jp auction:

402921[/snapback]

Schweeeet! I dig this camo any day!

Finally a valk with a real world-ish paint job.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning." :D

Thanks for the link, but... wow is that box hideous or what? :o

I'll still be picking up one or two of these bad boys, but these boxes have to go.

Wonder what they've got planned for the GBP 2 box...

Edited by Veritas