Thank you very much....

007-vf1

Hi guys, just got here from the IPMS east coast 2nd region modeling contest and to my surprice :blink: I won 3 different places.

I am no less than proud of this accomplishment not because I won but because I did compete agains professional modelers that have been in the bussiness for over 10 years. Seems that I was the youngest adult modeler present and I have to rival about 10 other kits on one of the 2 categories I was in.

Since I didn't have any other kits finished I used my old 1/72 hasegawas and the club-M Queadlunnn which won 3rd place on the power suit category but there were only 5 models here. The Ostrich made the first place on fictional vehicles category.

I have finally earned a bit of respect.... :p (yeah right, like I am going to believe that)

Without the help of some of you guys it wouldn't have been possible.

Let me show you the nice plaque I received; beautifuly engraved in wood...

(edited for pic)

post-3-1065314625.gif

Edited by 007-vf1

Very nice, well done :)

Now to find a place for the plaque, you will have to sacrifice toy/model space.... :p cant do that now ! :lol:

Thank you guys. This is the type of stuff that makes you want to keep on building.

Sam; I was thinking that the plaque would make a beautiful model stance.... :p (just a bit of sanding)

I have almost run out of space on my room..

Grayson I wish it was as simple as competing just agaist you both but I see a lot of new guys that have excellent skills and of course some old folks that we seldom heard of...like Mslz22, Myersjessee, Gunner X, Less than super Ostrich, Macross X, and of course Chris B. just to name a few...

...But you are right, they might not even compete... :p

LTSO- well not really famous, just happy to have competed and won.

Gerwalker yes indeed there was a couple of Raw-bau-tek models made by Bandai (I told the guy who built them that he used the wrong kits) and several 1/72 alphas by Imai.

Probably the best part is that I left a couple heavily customized Star trek (the one that kept me on my toes)and several Star Wars models behind...although the first place on the Queadlunn category was won by a battletech( that was an awesome built up kit with a perfect dry-brush ); and the second place a Gundam with horrible paint scheme, all in all not a great diorama but was smoothy painted, seamless and evenly built...

WM Cheng Those are the same Hasegawa and club-M models in 1/72 I have shown before, the ones I took to LA for the Con.

The funny thing is that the VE-1 is better built, more detailed and complex than the Ostrich and got a Best-out-of-the box price and not first, which tells me how little these guys know about Sci-Fi models (since 97% of the models shown were WW2 and modern tanks and planes)

I wanted to use a link to the old tread in the old forums but is down again so I will post a collage pic of the 3 (I know, I know here we go again...) :D

post-3-1065494733_thumb.gif

Edited by 007-vf1