Kingdom Hearts Ii Thread

wolfx

Started this 2 days ago. I dived into it not knowing what to expect. 1st 3 hours were MUNDANE. So many cinematics and explanations that its hard not to get bored EVEN if its Kingdom Hearts. The whole thing feels "Matrix-xy" as you play this guy Roxas as he questions who he really is. Other characters appear to him mysteriously as time stops taunting him about his true identity. <_<

Well things happen....you don't get to fight much until the title screen appears.... "KINGDOM HEARTS 2".....after 4 hours into the game. :lol: 4 hours timestamp is probably due to my 30 minutes away from the PS2 fixing something on my PC when i paused the game though. But still its prettyyyyy long winded.

Some comments:

1.) Double keyblades pwnz azz!!!

2.) Grown up Kairi's is OMGWTFBBQSOHOTIWANNATOUCHHERBOOTY.

*cough*

Yeah....anyone else playing it?

Started this 2 days ago. I dived into it not knowing what to expect. 1st 3 hours were MUNDANE. So many cinematics and explanations that its hard not to get bored EVEN if its Kingdom Hearts. The whole thing feels "Matrix-xy" as you play this guy Roxas as he questions who he really is. Other characters appear to him mysteriously as time stops taunting him about his true identity. <_<

Well things happen....you don't get to fight much until the title screen appears.... "KINGDOM HEARTS 2".....after 4 hours into the game.  :lol: 4 hours timestamp is probably due to my 30 minutes away from the PS2 fixing something on my PC when i paused the game though. But still its prettyyyyy long winded.

Some comments:

1.) Double keyblades pwnz azz!!!

2.) Grown up Kairi's is OMGWTFBBQSOHOTIWANNATOUCHHERBOOTY.

*cough*

Yeah....anyone else playing it?

387335[/snapback]

I got this the day it came out.... I'm addicted. Loved the first one (excpet the final boss(es) holy crap....) I can't even say how many times I've watched the intro. That alone was worth the cost. The game is a lot of fun and after the "turtorial" (or as I call it, the test to see how badly you want to play the real game) the game moves very fluidly and you're compelled to play to continue the story. I didn't sleep this weekend. yes, you heard me, I didn't sleep. after I write this, I will either sleep or my brain will ooze out of my ears and nose. Granted, the game is a BIT easier than the first on the normal setting (there's a hard, don't worry), but the combos, Forms, and command moves are a lot of fun. The few times you play as him, Mickey owns.

Oh, second thing I don't like about the game. Aerith's VA... I want to punch her in the throat.... All the other VAs are great.

And yes... kairi aged nicely....

I'm so going to that special hell for saying that....

I just started playing it. Not really my kind of game (I'm one of the few, the proud, the people who hated the first one). But my wife is kinda into it... and when she's into a game, she expects me to play it for her so she can watch it like a movie.

As someone who's never finished the first one (I think I quit sometime after Alice in Wonderland), so far what I've seen makes NO SENSE AT ALL. I kinda get the feeling that, had I played it, it'd still be a bit on the confusing side.

Oh, and for those that care, I'm still playing as Roxas. I finished the Struggle (Setzer, from Final Fantasy VI! Is it sad that I'm more excited to see obscure FF characters than Disney characters?)

One more thing... anyone playing this game really should check out Penny Arcade's comic about it.

Awesome game, though it's to be expected they'd put an overtly long tutorial stage in, as Disney probably demanded that players hands be held through the beginning of the game. After that, it's all awesomeness, right now I'm at Port Royal.

Awesome game, though it's to be expected they'd put an overtly long tutorial stage in, as Disney probably demanded that players hands  be held through the beginning of the game. After that, it's all awesomeness, right now I'm at Port Royal.

387425[/snapback]

They could have funner mini-games for you to get aquainted with the controls like the obstacle course and brawls in KH1 which were quite challenging.

In this one, they had "jobs" which seem to be inconsequential if you earn little or more. <_<

I'm at Space Paranoids. Pretty fun game. Liked the first, liked the second as well. The game is a little too easy IMO. I'll know when I try the Hard mode and have my ass handed over by Sephiroth. :D

Kairi is definitely looking good this time. I agree with punching Aerith's VA. Mena Suvari was a lousy lousy choice.

The new Drive and Combo system is fun. Although it can be very confusing since I'm flying across the screen in the speed of light and beating enemies up non-stop. If they slow it down a little I might be able to enjoy the eye candy these new designs the hype had built up.

My only gripe: ugly keyblade designs. Here I was hoping they would remedy that. I guess one person's ugliness is another's beauty.

Edited by Project Phoenix

Ok something's wrong with my copy or is KH2 like this. I'm missing the music during "cinematics", that's when the characters actually talk with voices.....or is the absense of music during these cut scenes with strange silence normal? Like i just passed the Mulan stage and the ending cinematic was.....quiet. Too quiet. >_>

Ok something's wrong with my copy or is KH2 like this. I'm missing the music during "cinematics", that's when the characters actually talk with voices.....or is the absense of music during these cut scenes with strange silence normal? Like i just passed the Mulan stage and the ending cinematic was.....quiet. Too quiet. >_>

387544[/snapback]

there are some like that... a lot actually.

-watches the intro again for the millionth time-

The awkward silence is really making me hate this game. I completed the Mulan stage and there's no grand victory music. Nada. Just awkward silence and Sora opening the next path. BLEHHH!!

387544[/snapback]

there should be at least music i think. I can't think of any moments with awkward silence. :(

What's wrong with silence? Just because there are disney characters doesn't mean they have to jam every second of the game with music.

387863[/snapback]

Imagine the end of Star Wars A New Hope during the throne room scene, and you can hear them walking up the stairs as they receive their medals but there's no BGM. That kinda silence.

Or a Benny Hill show with no music. Just hear them running across the screen. That kinda silence.

Its just wrong.

anyone know if the music video/intro for KH2 was translated to english?

387524[/snapback]

Isn't the beginning of the US KHII in english? I have both versions of the title Passion (Japanese) and Sanctuary (US) by Utada Hikaru. Grabbed off of some torrents as well as the Import OP prior to the US release. What exactly are you looking for? Edited by GRAND CANNON

What's wrong with silence? Just because there are disney characters doesn't mean they have to jam every second of the game with music.

387863[/snapback]

Imagine the end of Star Wars A New Hope during the throne room scene, and you can hear them walking up the stairs as they receive their medals but there's no BGM. That kinda silence.

Or a Benny Hill show with no music. Just hear them running across the screen. That kinda silence.

Its just wrong.

387866[/snapback]

It's called dramatic pause/dramatic silence, not every second of every minute needs to be filled with music.

387863[/snapback]

Its just wrong.

387866[/snapback]

It's called dramatic pause/dramatic silence, not every second of every minute needs to be filled with music.

387880[/snapback]

When you're attacking the Death Star or show a Star Destroyer looming past in silence, it fails to be dramatic silence. Its called a silent movie.

Awesome game, though it's to be expected they'd put an overtly long tutorial stage

387425[/snapback]

What you mean overly long thats not even a word. It was never supposed to be set like a tutorial stage, its where thiers no tutorial and you have to learn as you progess. Sorry but thats the stupidest thing I heard about this game ever no offense...

You have to go through Roxas if you want to understand the story. And besides I think hes better than Sora

By any chance is anyone playing it in Proud mode? I mean the boss fights are just a killer for me, Mickey saves my ass way too many times.

And Sephiroth ack he wacked me like twice and I was a goner and my HP bar was huge.

Edited by Dean

Someone told me to just quit where i'm at and play proud mode since it would be more challenging and it will automatically unlock the Secret Trailer at the end of the game. On normal mode you gotta get 100% treasures in Jiminy's journal to unlock it.

Ah well might as well.

Actually, there is such a word as "overtly," means intentionally professor! And whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, Roxas's playtime was pure tutorial stage for people who have never played the first game, or just haven't played it in a while.

Roxas's playtime was pure tutorial stage for people who have never played the first game, or just haven't played it in a while.

388294[/snapback]

Its partly tutorial, but if you dont play through Roxas at all; the connection between Roxas and Sora will make no sense what so ever and the story will not make sense either.

Frankly....i don't find the drive for me to continue playing KH2 unlike the 1st KH. Is it just me or are the levels overly easy and linear? Walk from point A to point B and kill monsters on the way. Not a platform jumping puzzle even >_>. Walk, kill. Walk, Kill. Bleh.

Maybe i'm just getting old.

Awesome game, though it's to be expected they'd put an overtly long tutorial stage in, as Disney probably demanded that players hands  be held through the beginning of the game. After that, it's all awesomeness, right now I'm at Port Royal.

387425[/snapback]

You know I got this for my brother 2-3 years ago, because I thought he liked it and I know his wife loved disney, and I swear I don't think he even got passed the begining island. :rolleyes:

Frankly....i don't find the drive for me to continue playing KH2 unlike the 1st KH. Is it just me or are the levels overly easy and linear? Walk from point A to point B and kill monsters on the way. Not a platform jumping puzzle even >_>. Walk, kill. Walk, Kill. Bleh.

Maybe i'm just getting old.

389155[/snapback]

You should have just set it for Proud Mode - a good level of difficulty, although I hate how easy you can die if you loose focus for a moment.

Quick note: I'm playing it as I'm a huge RPG fan and liked the first a lot, but will not be reading this thread until I finish it. I hate spoilers, and already know way more than I wanted to. (Darn Wikipedia, I was looking up some Chain of Memories stuff but they put KH2 spoilers in the same section)

DONT READ THIS POST I WILL BE SPOLNG IT FOR YOU JUST SKIP AHEAD!

Anyone get to Sephiroth, OMG hes like so cheap in Proud mode. You have to basicly keep playing the battle tell you get the pattern.

Another thing anyone beat the game and see the last last part of the extra secret trailer you unlock with the three wariors and the keyblade war thingie text I dont get it...

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished it. Overall thought it was inferior to KH1. There were just hours and hours of "doing stuff without advancing the plot at all". It was like:

Play through Beast's stage. "Find Riku yet?" "Nope, I'll keep looking".

Play through Aladdin's stage. "Find Kairi yet?" "Nope". "You'll find her eventually"

Play through Mulan's stage. "Find Riku yet?" "Nope, I'll keep looking".

Play through Halloweentown. "Find Kairi yet?" "Nope". "You'll find her eventually"

Basically, if you're not at Twilight Town or Hollow Bastion, there's no plot. The middle 20 hours of the game not a thing happens.

KH1, while also suffering from "lots of time spent not advancing the plot" didn't have it nearly so bad, and I liked the music better. Though Wonderland and Tarzan's Jungle just sucked--I still hate those stages---the 2 hardest/most confusing stages in all of KH, and they're the first 2 of the first game--I bet a LOT of people stopped early in KH1 for that reason.

Awesome game, though it's to be expected they'd put an overtly long tutorial stage

387425[/snapback]

What you mean overly long thats not even a word. It was never supposed to be set like a tutorial stage, its where thiers no tutorial and you have to learn as you progess. Sorry but thats the stupidest thing I heard about this game ever no offense...

You have to go through Roxas if you want to understand the story. And besides I think hes better than Sora

By any chance is anyone playing it in Proud mode? I mean the boss fights are just a killer for me, Mickey saves my ass way too many times.

And Sephiroth ack he wacked me like twice and I was a goner and my HP bar was huge.

388276[/snapback]

I played through on proud mode, and found it actually easy except a few bosses here and there ( the Org. XIII member at beast's castle and a few XII mem. near the end) Other then that, I felt every other battle was easy (even Sephiroth was a cake walk compared to the first game) The final boss was also more challanging then Ansem was in the first game.Overly I loved it.This game was worth leaving school early to pick up along with the collecters edition guide.

I loved it. I have 100% on Jiminy's and 68% gummy. Sephiroth is just a big pushover this time IMHO. I got him down to about 45% hp at level 54. Went back at 80 and smacked him around like a school girl who didn't have my money. That whole Advent Children feel was awesome.

SPOILERS

The whole "Knights of the Keyblade" thing looks pretty promising. The teaser was well worth it. Can't wait until 2037 when it comes out. e.e

- C

Edited by Chewie

387425[/snapback]

388276[/snapback]

Y and T are right next to each other on a keyboard. It's a typo. Lol

- C