Official Transformers Super Thread 3

I hope they really don't make it a movie "aimed" at kids but more like a movie aimed at a general audience that kids can see. This way we get something more like the animated movie which was just one big action scene after another.

But I didn't mind toy story or shrek type humor, maybe that is what they should aim for? :D (those are kids movies I didn't feel ashamed to pay to see)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I thought it was Prime's. But then why would he be eyeing the planet earth like it was a tasty treat? That's more megatron's style.

It's Hound. I know so because this discussion about eyes has got the freaking Walker, Texas Ranger song in my head, and Hound is the only ranger-like character.

Therefore, if it is "the eyes of a ranger", it must be Hound. If it isn't Hound, then I'm just insane.

Edited by JB0

I really hope that Megatron as a tank shows up as an Alternator (or related line of a different name). I mean, we've never had a truly excellent Megatron toy. Classics Megatron isn't too shabby, it's just too bad they had to give him a gaudy colour scheme to meet the legal requirements for toy guns nowadays.

406091[/snapback]

The neon green wasn't needed, I'm pretty sure.

I think that's just how the current Hasbro thinks Megatron should BE.

*looks it up*

It seems the current California laws require toy guns to be either ENTIRELY orange or green, or transparent. So I'm not sure if they can sell Megatron in California anyways.

I'd have to find the full text of the law and try to work it out from there. It might be that ANY transparency covers things, in which case the green is probably redundant.

And I'm pleased with the current Hasbro. I'm sure Hasbro Transformers design didn't want a G1 Megatron inspired toy to have fairly bright colours unless they had to. After all they made Cybertron Galvatron in G1 Megs colours, so they know exactly what colours Megs is.

I'm pretty sure the incredibly legal-conscious Hasbro researched all the US laws they'd have to comply with to release this toy within all states. I think the California laws are less strict than they seem, or Megatron is 'Fake Enough' to get away with partial neon green.

After all, the Role Play Optimus Prime Blaster toy from Energon, a fake scifi looking rifle, mass-released, was mostly white and red. Not a neon colour on him. You think Hasbro would willingly release a toy that cannot be sold in a major state with a large potential customer base? ;)

THe hollow area where the hand flips out from is kinda buggin me.

Otherwise this is a nice homage figure.

And in other news, Transformers the Movie is ALL GO!!!

http://www.transformersthemovie.info/

406125[/snapback]

Lovely. They can't even spell Spike's bloody surname correctly. <_<

406279[/snapback]

Wouldn't trust that cast list. Last I heard, there was no Spike and there was a pet monkey character.

Smokescreen Classics and Black Convoy

That's not Smokescreen classics - that's a recolor of another toy.

406596[/snapback]

And its not 'Black Convoy', either. Its Nemesis Prime.

Takara cancelled their BTA Black Convoy repaint last year when their last Crazy Scheme failed :p

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Wow, in 26 days it will be July, 4 2007?

They've now managed to reduce time AS WELL as robot sizes.

406638[/snapback]

That would be July 4, 2006....when the teaser trailer appears in theaters. :p

And I'm pleased with the current Hasbro. I'm sure Hasbro Transformers design didn't want a G1 Megatron inspired toy to have fairly bright colours unless they had to. After all they made Cybertron Galvatron in G1 Megs colours, so they know exactly what colours Megs is.

Interesting you bring Cybertron up... look at Cybertron Megatron.

post-720-1149903739.jpg

There's a REASON I'm hoping that Classics Meggie gets a Galvatron repaint.

Hasbro's current attitude is "Make Megatron brightly-colored and ugly, then once sales fall off make a Galvatron repaint that looks like what Meg should have been in the first place."

I'm pretty sure the incredibly legal-conscious Hasbro researched all the US laws they'd have to comply with to release this toy within all states. I think the California laws are less strict than they seem, or Megatron is 'Fake Enough' to get away with partial neon green.

I suspect he's unreal enough that they didn't have to do neon.

I can't imagine that CA has varying color standards for varying realism levels, just because it'd be an enforcement nightmare. If they're selling him in CA, he's unreal enough that the neon wasn't needed at all.

Pity Hasbro won't release a detailed list of what features were needed for what states. It'd be interesting reading.

After all, the Role Play Optimus Prime Blaster toy from Energon, a fake scifi looking rifle, mass-released, was mostly white and red. Not a neon colour on him. You think Hasbro would willingly release a toy that cannot be sold in a major state with a large potential customer base? ;)

I would. Just out of spite.

But then, there's a good reason I'm not in charge.

Interesting you bring Cybertron up... look at Cybertron Megatron.

post-720-1149903739.jpg

There's a REASON I'm hoping that Classics Meggie gets a Galvatron repaint.

Hasbro's current attitude is "Make Megatron brightly-colored and ugly, then once sales fall off make a Galvatron repaint that looks like what Meg should have been in the first place."

I don't see the pattern you seem to believe.

Armada Megatron - Dark green, purple, grey bot mode with orange highlights.

Armada Galvatron - White with burgundy, dark grey and lavender robot mode with gold highlights.

Energon Megatron - Metallic grey (to emulate G1 Megs and the original toy colour scheme of G1 Galvatron), dark blue and energon Green (Decepticon unified energon colour at the time).

Energon Galvatron - Dark purple (technically incorrect colour for G1 Galvatron, but otherwise slavish recreation of G1 Megatron's colour scheme and deco).

Cybertron Megatron - Bright orange and purple because he posseses the armour of Unicron. Grey as generic Megs chest colour. Colours clash to emphasise the fact he rebuilt himself out of the wreckage of Armada/Energon Unicron.

That's not Smokescreen classics - that's a recolor of another toy.

406596[/snapback]

Which one? And please stop quoting images.

406851[/snapback]

Its apparently a Cybertron repaint of Cybertron Crosswise, because Hasbro's original name for the toy was Smokescreen. Here's a gallery of the Galaxy Force version

Armada Megatron - Dark green, purple, grey bot mode with orange highlights.

Oh man, I have Armada Megatron. I was desperate for a decent Megatron toy and hoped that this might be one. Was I ever wrong. About as poseable as a G1 brick, and while his base colour is dark green, he has so much bright and neon colours on him that my first thought was "Oh no! They made Megatron into a raver!"

I'm still desperate for a decent Megatron. I really hope that tank version from a few pages back is the real deal. THAT looked fantastic, hopefully the toy itself would look as good.

The majority of his colours are still dark, only a small fraction is bright orange and a tiny amount of yellow for lights.

406898[/snapback]

Just enough to make him look silly. The Bullwinkle antlers didn't help, either.

Picture of Michael Bay on location directing. Maybe the Transformers.....Here:bayblog

Take note of the girl sitting next to Bay and to what the back of her chair says.

406941[/snapback]

unfortunately the back of that chair is photoshoped, or the words would fit the contour of the top of the seats' back.

i don't think i remember ever seeing a chair on a movie site that tackily labled.

Why is a picture of Michael Bay on a movie set of any interest? Who cares if it IS the TF movie he's working on in that photo? It's not like that photo says or shows anything about anything in the film. Might as well be a photo of him on the crapper. Are people THAT eager for any news on the movie that this photo is exciting?

Why is a picture of Michael Bay on a movie set of any interest?  Who cares if it IS the TF movie he's working on in that photo?  It's not like that photo says or shows anything about anything in the film.  Might as well be a photo of him on the crapper.  Are people THAT eager for any news on the movie that this photo is exciting?

406973[/snapback]

No.

I got really lucky the other day, I was bored after watching some R.I.D. and I went on Ebay and managed to find a mint sealed Fire Convoy for 44 dollars. So I managed to get my hands on it, course the damn thing wont ship till Monday, but I should see it Wedensday-Friday.

I'd have to disagree scourge was the best, I have both and scourge feels way more durable, also he's got the most missiles on any toy i've ever owned.if theres any way you can pick up that mold, and especially that version, then do it.

Really? Wow, sounds like you guys got bums or something.... the only thing that holds back the articulation in SFC mode is having to keep track of the head/chest/ladder piece... otherwise, it's kickass. The ONLY thing I don't like about SFC is the vac-chromed chest, which ends up ruined after three or four transformations and a few SFC assemblies...

I'd have to disagree scourge was the best, I have both and scourge feels way more durable, also he's got the most missiles on any toy i've ever owned.if theres any way you can pick up that mold, and especially that version, then do it.

407094[/snapback]

Are you talking about Black Convoy? Sure, the color scheme is great, but he's not as poseable as Fire Convoy.

And Jinnai, Fire Convoy and Super Fire Convoy are in the same package, so there shouldn't be a comparison between the two.