Official Transformers Super Thread 3

If that tank was Megs, pls don't tell me the film company is using an old tank prop from XXX state of the union.

404309[/snapback]

It was in their contract with the prop designer. They have to use the tank in at least one half-decent movie.

404315[/snapback]

Please don't tell me this movie is actually being made. :ph34r:

404318[/snapback]

Yeah... I'm still holding out hope that a decent bot brawl will come out of it.

TFW 2005 also has a possible pic of an Alternators Megatron, as an Abrams tank. Robot mode only pic, link is here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/abrams_deco.jpg

Apologies if someone posted this and I haven't seen it yet. :)

TFW 2005 also has a possible pic of an Alternators Megatron, as an Abrams tank.  Robot mode only pic, link is here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/abrams_deco.jpg

Apologies if someone posted this and I haven't seen it yet.  :)

404351[/snapback]

As far as i know no it hasn't been posted yet, doc. I caught that a little earlier too, and i was thinking about whether or not to post it. On the TFW2005 article it says that this is supposdely a 1/24 scale mock up of a Megatron Alternator. I don't see where they're getting this 1/24 scale information from, because it's not on the concept art. Also if this really is going to be a 1/24 scale Abrams this toy is going to be huge! Just for a comparison, here's the specs on how big a RC 1/24 Abrams is:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...&I=LXLSV6**&P=M

(Scroll down to the bottom)

Don't get me wrong i hope it sees the light of day, cause i would love them to give Megatron the Alt. Treatment, but i really don't know if this information is all that accurate.

Awww, c'mon... not brown!

Part of me thinks a tank is still good for Megatron.

Another part says "enough is enough, give the boy something new."

It's not like none of the other Alternators have had radical changes. Shockwave, and Grimlock spring to mind. And they worked surprisingly well.

Alternators Prowl is also getting the repaint treatment, this time as Camshaft, who was originally one of the Omnibots from 1985.

Alternators Prowl is also getting the repaint treatment, this time as Camshaft, who was originally one of the Omnibots from 1985.

404379[/snapback]

That repaint is horrid. <_< We were discussing it a little while back. The least they could have done is try and remold a new head like they did for Swerve. Right now i can honestly say i'm only really looking forward to Alt. Mirage. in the Alternators line. Unless this Alt. Megatron becomes a reality. :D

Edited by Veritas

I'm definitely looking forward to Mirage too...and Optimus, although I'm essentially out of display space for new TF's. God help me when I get Primus. :D

1:24 scale tanks aren't VERY big. I have a 1:24 Leopard 2A6 and its about the same size as G2 Megatron.

404423[/snapback]

G2 Megs is almost 16 inches long? Because that's how long the RC 1/24 Abrams is. The 1/24 Leopard they're selling on that site comes out to 16" as well. I don't have a Megs myself so i can't measure it to compare, but i don't remember him being more than a foot long or so the last time i saw one.

Edited by Veritas

1:24 scale tanks aren't VERY big. I have a 1:24 Leopard 2A6 and its about the same size as G2 Megatron.

404423[/snapback]

G2 Megs is almost 16 inches long? Because that's how long the RC 1/24 Abrams is. The 1/24 Leopard they're selling on that site comes out to 16" as well. I don't have a Megs myself so i can't measure it to compare, but i don't remember him being more than a foot long or so the last time i saw one.

404434[/snapback]

crap, sorry. For some reason I imagined G2 Megs was much larger than I thought, and when I said 1:24 tanks weren't that big, I must have been thinking of how they compare to my 1:18 Abrams and my Patriot Grizzly tank. Edited by Fit For Natalie

Hasbro updated their official TF Classics page with a color pic of Astrotrain in train mode. Check the link and scroll down a bit for him.

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default...12B14A6033C14A1

Overall, I'm pleased...helps reinforce the notion that these are the G1 characters, but updated.

404423[/snapback]

404434[/snapback]

crap, sorry. For some reason I imagined G2 Megs was much larger than I thought, and when I said 1:24 tanks weren't that big, I must have been thinking of how they compare to my 1:18 Abrams and my Patriot Grizzly tank.

404468[/snapback]

Not a problem man, we all make mistakes. As for the Megs if he really ends up being a 1/24 Abrams he’d be a lot closer in overall size with the Masterpiece Series. Still might be a little on the large side though... hmm...

Hasbro updated their official TF Classics page with a color pic of Astrotrain in train mode.  Check the link and scroll down a bit for him.

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default...12B14A6033C14A1

Overall, I'm pleased...helps reinforce the notion that these are the G1 characters, but updated.

404621[/snapback]

Astrotrain's Train mode looks pretty slick. I'm happy to see that overall not only did they do a good job on the robot mode, but for the most part both alt modes. Really looking forward to this line.

Edited by Veritas

Man, I'm slow but that's the first I've heard of the Classics line. How are they making them for such a low price? And how big are they? except for megs the Nerf gun they all look very cool.

deceptbadge0lg.jpg

So Brawl's Police Shield says something like Pacisquod Alcronia (Incorporated June 1865) or something like this which is latin but is definetely not "To Punish and to Enslave".

Pacisquod is something to do with making a pact or a bargain and what that entails. I have no idea what the second word is because the Decepticon horns are in the way.

The Latin inscription says; 'Pacis Quod Alcedonia'

What i find a little iffy is the 2 pics of the police badge, the one sans decepticon symbol has no reflection tape and seems to be a duller color, the decepeticon one looks really cool, colors and thickness of the lines seems no to really match up... a photoshop job maybe? Still, look hella sweet.

I guess they're doing the whole 'T2 - T1000 bad guy as a cop disguised as a good guy' thingie, which i dig. Pretty cool. That camaro looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOO yummy, looks like a beefed up version of my 1974 TA22 Celica i own. (And yes, at one time it had an autobot vinyl sticker on it. red of course.)

EDIT - I take that back, not photoshop jobs, perhaps i should've looked at all the pics... Wow - check out those meat bag spikes on the front of that tank! And, Damn those cars are sexy, bring back the 70's! Yeah baby!

Edited by Kurisama

What do u think the 'Incorporated June 1865' is about, is it pretty likely that we at least see a sequence in the movie at this time? Can just imagine some Clint Eastwood type cowboy dude being mauled to death by Ravage.

Jejejejejejeje - *crosses fingers*

Man, I'm slow but that's the first I've heard of the Classics line. How are they making them for such a low price? And how big are they? except for megs the Nerf gun they all look very cool.

404694[/snapback]

Because the deluxe ones(astrotrain, bumblebee, starscream) are $9.99 in the deluxe size class. MEgs and PRime are $19.99 in the voyager size class.

I hope it's an Alternators design, it looks so much better than Classics Megatron it would be a crime if they discarded it in favour of what we're getting.

Megatron as a tank, in scale (robot mode) with MP Convoy would be fantastic.

Where do all these ppl get their test shots so easily? >_<

Wouldn't hasbro be pissed that their "not yet released" stuff are showing up on ebay?

I can imagine if Graham sold his valkyries prototypes on ebay and make yamato go mad.

LOOK

Clear Masterpiece Starscream pics from Hobbylink Japan

LOOK

Where do all these ppl get their test shots so easily? >_<

Wouldn't hasbro be pissed that their "not yet released" stuff are showing up on ebay?

I can imagine if Graham sold his valkyries prototypes on ebay and make yamato go mad.

405051[/snapback]

Factories in China. Test shots are usually shredded, but obviously people can sneak them out. Lately its slowed down alot, presumebly because Hasbro cracked down on theft. Edited by Fit For Natalie

I was looking at that, and I think it's basically impossible with the transformation scheme they have--they'd have to mounted in his forearms, and they've already got the fists stored inside. Or, they'd have to be a spot where there's not really anything there.

Note that the drawings clearly showed accurate, 90-degree-folding gear. Hmmn...

to be honest, I wouldn;t have been that disappointed if they'd not put landing gear on MP screamer as he comes with a flying stand.

I do wonder what they're going to do about paint jobs- presumably this is going to painted in a nice G1-derived scheme, but it would be cool if they did a USAF or JSDF version.