Gundam Figure Thread

Bandai, where's my HCM-Pro RX-79G? One of the few Gundams I actually like.

Graham

I'm with you. RX-79G and Nu are my favorite Gundam designs. Does anyone here have that SCM RX-79G toy that was a crane price a few years back?

I'm a little irritated that they are apparently making HCM pros 1/144 scale now. Why can't they stick with a scale and go with it? They always start re-releasing suits in new scales and/or details levels like msia vs. ex-msia. So there's always that one mobile suit you want that's in the wrong scale or line.

I'm with you. RX-79G and Nu are my favorite Gundam designs. Does anyone here have that SCM RX-79G toy that was a crane price a few years back?

I'm a little irritated that they are apparently making HCM pros 1/144 scale now. Why can't they stick with a scale and go with it? They always start re-releasing suits in new scales and/or details levels like msia vs. ex-msia. So there's always that one mobile suit you want that's in the wrong scale or line.

they are not making the HCM pros 1/144 they are still 1/200 if you mean the Sazabi and stuff being much bigger they were in real life as well and are still properly scaled. this 1/144 RX-78 is probably just a special release.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

To be followed later no doubt by the HCM-Pro RX-78-2 Gundam 1/60, 1/72, 1/100 etc, etc, ad infinitum.

Yawn..........this is why I gave up on Bandai.

Graham

Yeah.. what kind of bastard company keeps releasing slightly larger, improved versions of the same old characters?

oh, wait... :lol:

The number of RX-78 toys and models that have been releasd over the years is far, far greater than the VF-1.

Off the top of my head, here's the ones I can remember.

Toys

1. Many, many, many RX-78 gashapons.
  2. Many, many RX-78 keychains.
  3. Gundam Collection (1/400), many.
  4. 1 x Gundam Micro-Bots (scale ?)
  5. 1 x Gundam The Origin (scale ?)
  6. 1 x HCM (1/144).
  7. Several RX-78 MSIA (1/170?)
  8. Several kado Senshi (sp?) 1/144? RX-78.
  9. 1 x EMSiA RX-78 (1/170?).
  10. Several HCM-Pro RX-78 (1/220?).
  11. Several Jumbo Grade RX-78 (scale ?).
  12. 1 x 1/12 Scale? RX-78.
  13. Several GFF RX-78 (1/144?).
  14. 1 x all metal unpainted deluxe Gundam that came in metal case (I forget the name) 1/100?.
  15. New part metal GFF (1/144?).
I know there are many RX-78 toys I'm forgetting as well.

That's not even starting on the models.

Graham

I was just giving you a hard time. :) I enjoy my Macross and Gundam collecting and fandom equally.

So will the upcoming Gundam X FIX be convertible into the Gundam X, Gundam X Divider, AND the GX-Bit?

I guess there's not much "conversion" between the Gundam X and Gundam X Divider, but could this be the first FIX release convertible into 3 different mecha?

Or is the Bit going to be a separate release?

So will the upcoming Gundam X FIX be convertible into the Gundam X, Gundam X Divider, AND the GX-Bit?

I guess there's not much "conversion" between the Gundam X and Gundam X Divider, but could this be the first FIX release convertible into 3 different mecha?

Or is the Bit going to be a separate release?

nope, there's already a couple of GFF that can do that.

nope, there's already a couple of GFF that can do that.

So the Gundam X, Gundam X Divider and Bit are all one set?

(I actually have all the FIX releases so I must have missed the previous "triple-changers." Can't seem to recall which they could be, however...)

Edited by emerson

Well. Here's a 'true' triple-suit release:

#0023 MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki / MSR-00100S Hyaku Shiki Kai / FA-100S Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai (12/2004)

But others also have sub-suits within like these:

#0019 FXA-05D+RX-178 Gundam Mk II (AEUG Use) Super Gundam / FA-178 Full Armor Gundam Mk II (2/2004)

#0025 RX-105 Ξ (Xi) Gundam / RX-104FF Penelope Gundam (5/2005) - incl. RX-104 Odysseus Gundam

#0027 RX-79BD-1 Blue Destiny Unit 1 / RX-79BD-2 Blue Destiny Unit 2 (12/2005) - incl. RX-78BD-2 Blue Destiny Unit 2 (Nimbus Schterzen's Custom)

There's also some examples in the Zeonography line, too.

I'm afraid Bandai can't allow that Graham, HCM Pros have sold too well y'see and so the scale has to be changed so Bandai can start from scratch now they know the concept sells etc etc

Yeah, I'm peeved with the change to a bigger scale. It's a nice figure and if it's a one off then I won't have a problem with it but if they're just gonna re-boot the whole thing and leave the 1/200 figures in the dust then I'm not gonna bother anymore.

Pretty impressive new line coming, neat. I managed to scrounge up some space while moving stuff today, however I got nit picky and only put my MG Strike Rouge, Strike and Freedom back on display after a little whipping down of the dust...and put Freedom on one of the Strike catapult stands, and Strike on Freedom's stand......meh.

I really miss building MG's.

Pretty impressive new line coming, neat. I managed to scrounge up some space while moving stuff today, however I got nit picky and only put my MG Strike Rouge, Strike and Freedom back on display after a little whipping down of the dust...and put Freedom on one of the Strike catapult stands, and Strike on Freedom's stand......meh.

I really miss building MG's.

I've got too many MG's some stored away. I used to try and get every single MG model from the UC series, but now i realized its a lost cause and too expensive. :(

I'm now aiming to get the main character mobile suits, I'm currently waiting/hoping for Bandai to release a MG THE-O and Hammurabi. :D

Bigger glam shots of the 1/100 Metal FIX. Very interested in what the die-cast content will be and hopefully the paint will be crisp with the larger scale.

post-1479-1168189084_thumb.jpg

post-1479-1168189095_thumb.jpg

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Bigger glam shots of the 1/100 Metal FIX. Very interested in what the die-cast content will be and hopefully the paint will be crisp with the larger scale.

Nice hunk of junk (CUZ OF ITS METAL PARTS) :) but I think or may be the chogokin parts are like in the Kadoh Senshi line.

Edited by Black Valkyrie

Has anyone ever bought the JUMBO grade gundam figures, or even the fake one called GUNDAN, Are they any good?

I do. :D I have the rerelease of the RX-78-2 (Blue Box) and the Real Type Zaku II (Green Box).

I have never taken them out of the box, but they're just so cool to have. They're just so, well, big! :D Definitely status symbol items to add to one's Gundam collection. :) I was able to snag both for a $120 apiece a year ago this month.