Gundam Figure Thread

New figure news

Zeonography Qubeley Mark II/Mass-Production Qubeley - end of April, 4,725 yen

EMSiA Char's Gelgoog - end of April, 2,100 yen

Wonder which MkII -- Ple's Purple one, Ple Two's Red, or both?

And any Gelgoog is a good Gelgoog.

Wonder which MkII -- Ple's Purple one, Ple Two's Red, or both?

And any Gelgoog is a good Gelgoog.

I wonder if they'll release a standard color. I mean since they'd have the molds it wouldn't make sense for them not to.

Well, the EMiA line is a relatively short one (so far), so we don't have a lot of history to look at. However, they did release repaints of both of the entries that have 'common' or obvious repaints (gundam mkII titans1/titans2/titans3/aeug, zaku II green/char). So, yes, I think it's almost certain they'll release an emia gelgoog in mass-production colors.

Of course, there are exotic repaints that could be made for the other emia toys as well (rx78, zeta, etc) but none quite so common as the ones above.

As good as the EMSIA Gelgoog will inevitably be, I am far more excited for MSIA TR-1 Hazel, and MSIA Akatsuki (sp) Hazel is a fantastic design, and he looks to be jam packed with accessories (Shield Boosters, etc..) Maybe I am a little biased towards Advance of Zeta, whether or not, Hazel is going to be one fine Mobile Suit

From Guntoa :

New figure news

More from Hobbynet:

In Action! Offshoot L-Gaim - end of June, 2,940 yen

In Action! Offshoot Xabungle - end of June, 2,100 yen

EMSiA Strike Noir - end of June, 2,100 yen

Cosmic Region Legend Gundam/Providence Gundam - end of June, 4,725 yen

In Action! Offshoot is a new line with the same kind of construction and packaging as the EMSiA line.

Note : Could there be In Action ! Offshoot Macross ?

Edited by Black Valkyrie

From Guntoa :

New figure news

More from Hobbynet:

In Action! Offshoot L-Gaim - end of June, 2,940 yen

In Action! Offshoot Xabungle - end of June, 2,100 yen

EMSiA Strike Noir - end of June, 2,100 yen

Cosmic Region Legend Gundam/Providence Gundam - end of June, 4,725 yen

First of all, L-Gaim?! AWESOME. Second, Strike Noir?! ALSO AWESOME. Still wishing they'd put out the Original Strike as an EMSiA though. I mean, Bandai Made Freedom for chrissakes, why no Strike?

these sound, good, i like that they are finally releasing a dual armor Cosmic region figure, the Strike Noir sounds cool to, but i want a CR version of it for the details. the GFF Gundam X is also out and looks awesome.

chris

Lotsa new pics and info today.....

IPB ImageNew Gunpla news

From Hobby Search:

HCM-Pro Ground Type Gundam - 1/200, April, 2,625 yen

HCM-Pro Freedom Gundam - 1/200, April, 2,625 yen

Pics of merchandise announced earlier:

HCM-Pro Gelgoog (Kuspen version)

HCM-Pro Gelgoog (MS IGLOO version)

HCM-Pro Char's Rick Dom (Special Painted version) - March, 3,150 yen

HCM-Pro RX-78-2 repaint - March, 1,890 yen

HCM-Pro Guntank repaint - March, 1,890 yen

HCM-Pro Zaku II repaint - March, 1,890 yen

HCM-Pro Rick Dom repaint - March, 1,890 yen

¶ 11:27 PM

The -79G may be Graham's first(?) HCM-Pro. ;) It even comes with customizing detail parts.

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Not yet on a GM.

The repaints also appear to kick-off a new box design.

The Gundam Repaint looks to be the Limited Version (below), but with markings.

01-LV RX-78-2 Gundam (TV Colors) (BOX) (12/2006)

MS GUNDAM DVD BOX SET –- Same as RX-78-2 Gundam, but with special ‘TV Colors’. Limited edition release available upon reserving the Region 2 release of the Mobile Suit Gundam DVD Box #1 prior to September 14, 2006.

I hope so.... it would be a really low blow to change the scale of a line mid-line like that and not make any sense... but a change in box design could be a good or bad thing, or not really any difference at all.... I jsut hope they stay the same size so they all fit on shelves alright in storage...

Something long forgotten about...

Several years ago (2003 to be exact) when there was plans for releasing Zeta toys and figures in the US, 7.5" size figures were shown at the New York Toy Fair and I believe other shows. Though the US Zeta toy release never happened I wonder why the 7.5" figures were never released in Japan?

I hope so.... it would be a really low blow to change the scale of a line mid-line like that and not make any sense... but a change in box design could be a good or bad thing, or not really any difference at all.... I jsut hope they stay the same size so they all fit on shelves alright in storage...

The new style boxes look bigger to me, compare them the area of the figures window to the original boxes.

Also, I ddin't see the bigger pictures before, teh ground type has some impressive extra bits there and Freedom is sporting a very sexy stand.

*BUMP* :)

Something long forgotten about...

Several years ago (2003 to be exact) when there was plans for releasing Zeta toys and figures in the US, 7.5" size figures were shown at the New York Toy Fair and I believe other shows. Though the US Zeta toy release never happened I wonder why the 7.5" figures were never released in Japan?

woohoo ground type gundam all i need is the Gouf custom now :) i just got the GFF Gundam X it is one of my favorite fixes so far all i need now is my Victory gundam and I am all set for the most part. i will post some pics soon.

chris

EMSiA Sazabi & Nu-Gundam just released here in HK. Paint application is crap IMO though. Took one look and went....bleh! Although articulation does appear to be pretty good.

If you are looking for good looking toys of these mecha, I'd stick with the HCM-Pro Nu-Gundam & special finish HCM-Pro Sazabi which looks absolutely gorgeous.

Bandai, where's my HCM-Pro RX-79G? One of the few Gundams I actually like.

Graham

Hmm, been meaning to post some thoughts on the EMSiA and HCM-Pro Sazabi.

Overall Appearance

The Sazabi-Pro is a nice tidy package made of mostly styrene -- it has a plastic model feel to it, a solidly-built and detailed piece that looks great posed on a shelf. The colour is a deeper red than the Sazabi-E, which makes it look better. The Sazabi-E is built out of a more yielding, but equally tough plastic, and the detailing is quite good too. It's more aimed at the "play" group -- it doesn't look quite as good as the Sazabi-Pro, but handles and wears well.

Like what Grumpy-G says, the paint application on the Sazabi-E was a bit off, but only in that I got a tiny green spot of paint (from the monoeye) on the edge of the head. It's not a big spot, but on that colour scheme, stands out like a sore thumb.

Gimmicks and Stuff

The Sazabi-Pro comes with a head that opens up somewhat. It's fairly secured when close and does need a bit of effort to open (which is good, no flopping head just because you shook the body), and it does look good.. but also somewhat gimmicky. I like it, but it's not a big deal. The Sazabi-E doesn't -- it comes with a spare head for that. What I dislike about the Sazabi-E's head is that it has cables running out underneath around the neck which is supposed to sit in the neck recess, but occassionally rides above the recess, making it look a bit ugly.

The funnel holders are nice on the Sazabi-Pro but the opening covers were a bit blocked by the main thruster unit -- nothing major. The funnel holders handles better on the Sazabi-E simply because of size, but the Pro version feels better constructed; I feel awkward handling the Sazabi-E's backpack, perhaps it's just a bit too big.

The shield on the Sazabi-Pro is attached via a connector piece, which is nice and long -- the big and long shield is adequately supported, which allows the shield to be posed well. The shield on the Sazabi-E, however, is a major weak point. It connects directly to the forearm via a small tab, and the tab isn't quite long enough to support the whole weight of the shield. That the forearm is a curved surface just makes it easier for the tab to be worked out as the shield is manipulated, means that the shield often dropped out from the hole. One big major minus point. However, the good news is that the tab is in turn mounted on a movable joint, which allows the height the shield is held to be adjusted, which makes it quite posable.

The Sazabi-Pro's gun is well proportioned and easy to pose with, but the wrist on the Sazabi-Pro is a bit weak and would need to be looked out for. The gun on the Sazabi-E is beefier but looks off, but the wrist is good and sturdy, though the forearm design makes it difficult to pose in certain positions, and the thrusting chest area of the Sazabi-E get into the way when you are posing a cross-body shot, more so than the Sazabi-Pro.

The leg armour on the Sazabi-Pro is a bit cute, as the front armour can actually be lifted up revealing all the technical grubbins underneath. This is significantly different from the Sazabi-E, which don't have this. The foot unit is also substantially different; the Sazabi-Pro had a split foot (toe-and-heel) which gives it better stability, whereas the Sazabi-E has a single foot unit with pivoting toe and heel (you can say it's a three-part foot) that allows it to grip odd surfaces but in normal circumstances doesn't quite give it the stability of the Sazabi-Pro.

Also, a bit of strangeness. My Sazabi-E's left hip armour cannot seat properly because the left hip unit is blocking it (the right hip doesn't though). Anyone experiencing this?

Articulation

Articulation overall for the Sazabi-Pro is a bit impressive but a weak point is the upper-arm joints -- this joint is just a tad short and would fall off under repeated twisting. Nothing too bad, it's just annoying. The shoulder pads are also the prone to coming off, but since it's relatively rare for the entire shoulder structure to be upside down, the pads don't come off so quickly.

The Sazabi-E just beats the pants off the Sazabi-Pro in this area. :D The EMSiA frame system is very well worked out and the Sazabi is very posable. Added the fact that the Sazabi-E is build for play makes it hold up very well. The Sazabi-Pro isn't that far behind in terms of posability, but its styrene construction meant joints would be loose eventually, and the loose wrist and disconnecting upper-arm that came out-of-box really hurt it in this area. Solid points to the Sazabi-E on this area.

Summary

Overall, the Sazabi-Pro is an excellent display piece and I heartily recommend it for people who like a good looking piece that they occassionally repose. Just don't play too much with it -- one, the styrene construction makes it feel that it can shatter if very badly mishandled; it's well-constructed but it's a base material issue. Two, the joints wear easily on styrene-on-styrene joints and it can become a floppy mess.

The Sazabi-E doesn't look as good on display (mostly because it's a matt, somewhat brighter red), but for those of you who like to play with the toys (like I do), this is an excellent piece. It may suffer somewhat from looks, but the sheer size makes a difference (it is imposing in its own way, for a 1/144 toy!), but the playability and posability, as well as the longevity of the build, makes it a favourite with me.

EDIT: I'll see if I can get pics. It's the CNY period so I'm kinda busy, but on the plus side, the camera's already out....

Edited by Lynx7725

yes the Pro's are nice i have been decaling them all up latley they look real good. i will have to take pis of the doga's and sazabi, here is the gundam x fix and kampfer i like these 2 alot. do you have any good pics of the acctual Emisa sazabi and Nu? i would love to see what they really look like out of package

post-1669-1171598102_thumb.jpg

Edited by zeo-mare