Gundam Figure Thread

image anime had it for a while but it already sold out. thy get there stuff quick they already have the crossbone X-3 GFF they have had it for a week or so.

chris

Dammit, when is the HCM Sazabi gonna get stateside?? BBTS only JUST got the Re-GZ....I want my Zabi NOOWWW!!!!

You mean you don't have HCM Pro Sazabi?? I've had it for a couple of weeks now -- ordered from HLJ some time ago.

Sweet stuff. Hard plastic, not the MSiA ABS. It's also deeper red than the photos would suggest. Looks quite good.

I'm really having fun with the Sazabi and especially the Re-GZ. Abit ashamed to admit it, but i'm actually flying the BWS around and pretending it to be re-entering the atmosphere and then breaking off the gundam as it comes to land.

W00ts!!!

*hums CCA theme*

From Gunota:

http://aeug.blogspot.com/2006_09_01_aeug_a...816112131704564

Q: Will you be shipping more than 3,000 units of the Green Divers Asshimar?

A: Though we can't talk about the numbers, that isn't to say it'll be that scarce.

Q: About next year's lineup?

A: We're just into talks about it but we'll be releasing new things as well as filling in holes in each series. We're thinking we want to do untouched lines like V and X. And a surprising item is also planned.

Q: Is UC Arms Gallery 4 going on sale this year?

A: It seems it won't.

Q: Will there be MS that haven't been done as MSiA suddenly turning up as EMSiA?

A: There will.

I wonder if this could mean that they'll start looking at MG V or X models if their looking at MSiAs for those series....

I'm really having fun with the Sazabi and especially the Re-GZ. Abit ashamed to admit it, but i'm actually flying the BWS around and pretending it to be re-entering the atmosphere and then breaking off the gundam as it comes to land.

You bastard :lol: I seriosuly cannot wait to get my Zabi... I'm gonna detail and decal it up and then fly it around my house. :D

Indeed EMSIA Nu Gundam and Sazabi are huge, anyone planning to them. More pics :

http://www.geocities.jp/rx78_mia/20060713tokyotoy.htm

How nice I didn`t know the EMSIA Gundam MKII Atmosphere Entry set also comes with it a mini Amuro figure :

http://www.geocities.jp/rx78_mia/mk2emiaaeugfa.htm

Edited by Black Valkyrie

You bastard :lol: I seriosuly cannot wait to get my Zabi... I'm gonna detail and decal it up and then fly it around my house. :D

THe one i got was the later release which doesn't come with the extra decals. :(

Apparently only the 1st release had the Zabi decals and the subsequent release doesn't have it. Someone told me that the Zabi's decals actually come with the Jagd Doga's though.

yes the Zabi and Geara Dogas decals are all on one sheet with the Jagd Doga. the REGZ has the decals for the Nu and Jegan. i do not think it was a limited thing i think all the Jagd's come with the decal set. the sazabi has no decals with it when you buy it , you need to buy the Jagd Doga if you really wnat the decals.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

I didn't think the decal sets were limited either, but a bunch of sites have stated that they are only with the "1st Edition" releases of the JD and ReGZ.

But........who knows how many units are in the "1st Editions".... :huh:

Fortunetaly I have a a huge stash of decals... including some generic Zeon ones which I can canabalize into the Neo Zeon stuff with some reference pics... I did something similar for my Gundam and am going to do it for my Nemo and Assh and Zaku when I get the chance. I knew that the Zabi didn't come with the decals, gay as that is. I'm not gonna ahve them for the Nu either once I get it, bc/ I'm not a huge fan of the ReGZ.

On another note, since I'm a huge Sazabi fan and CCA fanboy, I have to ask, how are the EMSIA figures? I kinda really want the Zabi now that I see it.... and want to know how the joints and details and materials such are on the EMSIA.... I really don't like MSIA figures, because of all the floppy PVC and loose joints and lack of crisp edges and details, but how are the EMSIA ones? And posability? That could sell me over detail...

no the Emisa are better then the normal figures they are highly poseable feature far better paintjobs and detailing. these two releases (Sazabi and Nu) are highly anticipated by me and i will most likely be picking them up, as well as the Shiki.

chris

I thought I saw a photo somewhere indicating that the Gerbera-Tetra (AGX-04) would be comming as an HCM-pro. Was I mistaken?

As someone who really only likes the "non-gundam" gundams, I'd really like to see this guy (as well as a Palace Athene and R-Jarja).

On another note, since I'm a huge Sazabi fan and CCA fanboy, I have to ask, how are the EMSIA figures? I kinda really want the Zabi now that I see it.... and want to know how the joints and details and materials such are on the EMSIA.... I really don't like MSIA figures, because of all the floppy PVC and loose joints and lack of crisp edges and details, but how are the EMSIA ones? And posability? That could sell me over detail...

Gee thanks lots Promie. Here I have been writing short reviews of EMSIA Freedom and Justice, and there you go asking if anyone has comments on the EMSIA figures. Makes me warm and fuzzy within, thanks. :rolleyes:

:D

Anyhow. EMSIA pretty much utilizes a single skeleton/ joint system consistently across the line. As in, the neck, shoulders, elbows, hips, knees and ankle joints of all EMSIA are similar if not outright identical parts. This is a huge plus point, especially since they got the joints done very well; the posability of a basic unit like a Zaku II is quite good.

The joint system is, as spoken, solid and generally doesn't wear very badly over time for most MS. Posability is very good; folding forearms for the rifle-up look, and knee joints that (barring MS design issues) allow for kneeling positions. Foot joints are a bit wonky for certain designs but otherwise excellent. The problem is only when a particular MS design is clearly not very realistic, such as the Gundam Seed types -- too top heavy, guns are too long, etc. Those do create problems in both posability and joints, but the design on their own aren't very playable to begin with.

The only joint I'm unhappy with is the neck joint. While it does provide better look-down capability for the MS, it's a tad too high and makes the head pop up more. On a Gundam it looks ok, but on a Zaku II (with its lower dome head) there is a noticable gap between the torso and the head. But it's a minor gripe.

Overall, the paintwork and quality is a significant cut better than the MSIA. If you have any GFF or Zenography, they are just slightly below; no tampo markings, material is a softer plastic (but IMO better than GFF stuff which I worry about shattering). Paint-wise the quality is similar but GFF is just a tad better.

Overall, EMSIA are great and the lineup they have are not the whor-ish MSIA type (where they have everything and anything...). If your favourite MS are in EMSIA, I suggest you pick them up.

As for the Sazabi in EMSIA, given the design (from the HCM Pro that I play with occassionally while I post from home... ;) ), it should be quite spectacular. The basic MS design is sound and flexible, and the joints look to be achievable, and there are no real design elements that are over-the-top (such as the Freedom's wings).

The only worry I have is the overall weight, and the Bits' storage. The overall weight might be too heavy for the joints, as the Sazabi is a hefty MS -- this depends largely on the engineering though.

The Bits though, is always a bit tricky. It's a notoriously small part stored in a fiddley container hung out on a gimball on the back of the MS. The gimball isn't an issue, but the doors could be.

I thought I saw a photo somewhere indicating that the Gerbera-Tetra (AGX-04) would be comming as an HCM-pro. Was I mistaken?

As someone who really only likes the "non-gundam" gundams, I'd really like to see this guy (as well as a Palace Athene and R-Jarja).

Unfortunately you probably are, no series other then CCA is currently listed for Pros.

But they will do 0083 sooner or later and there had better be a Gerbera Tetra or there's gonna be trouble. ^_^

Oh god, you're right. A HCM pro Dendrobium would be awesome... good size to play with, and lots of awesome goodies like we've come to expect from the line. Maybe that's why they haven't gotten to 0083 yet, because there's working on a rediculously awesome Dendrobium.

I believe what you saw was the upcoming Ultimate Operation 0083 figures.

And as far as some Mobile Armors coming......don't forget that HCM Pro interview:

- Since large-scale items have shown up in the MSiA line, the possibility of mobile armors for HCM-Pro is asked about. Matsuoka-san says he wants to try it and that the Psyco Gundam Mk II has been under consideration. He also seems to hint that the Elmeth will be next, pointing out the flashback sequence in CCA in which Char's Gelgoog (already released in the middle of the CCA HCM-Pro line-up) also appeared.
They also showed that Do-Dai Ys sculpt years ago, so hopefully something does show up sooner than later. ;)