Gundam Figure Thread

oh god i so want those, the sazabi looks like he is going to be big.

chris

Looks like a series specially for diorama sets of people in the Gundam world. Why 1/35 though.....

400457[/snapback]

That's an easy one. Military modelling has a big 1/35 presence, so it's easier to find parts for kitbashing.

i do not know if you have seen the pics on Pams webpage but it looks like some of the newer HCM -pro have gundam fix style markings on them this includes the RE-GZ and the Jagd Doga, very very cool stuff i am definetly getting them.

chris

The Jagd Doga is coming with Neo-Zeon decals which are probably the markings seen.

Makes it even better, so you can customize. ;)

EFF decals are also due in a later release....maybe the Re-GZ?

hcm28hobbyfinal7ma.th.jpg

yes the REGZ is shown with decals on it as well. the sazabi does not show any though :( hopefully because it is still early.

chris

yes the REGZ is shown with decals on it as well. the sazabi does not show any though :(  hopefully because it is still early.

chris

400707[/snapback]

There's only going to be 1 decal set for each faction, it falls to you to distribute them evenly.

The Re-GZ looks so beuatifull, I never even wanted one before now.

More Jagd Doga, posted on Gunota,

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/tg/det...5354534-8859100

Edited by Fort Max

Yup, the Zeon decals have the ones for the Sazabi, Jagd, and Geara:

B000FMQU8Y.01.PT07.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This piece looks amazing! The CCA line looks to be the line to beat.

:D

EDIT-- Another note is that the weapons and hands are separate rather than the usual weapon-in-hand pieces. Good stuff.

Edited by GRAND CANNON

I have faith that Bandai will make the inevitable 0083 line even more droolworthy, this is their chance to finally make Gerbera Tetra more available.

And I still have my fingers well and truly crossed for some larger scale HCM Pro toys. :rolleyes:

EDIT-- Another note is that the weapons and hands are separate rather than the usual weapon-in-hand pieces. Good stuff.

400792[/snapback]

This seems to be dependent on the size of the figure, e.g, Asshimar has seperate hands and weapons but the later releases like Zeta do not.

Still on the topic of Pros, I was ordering Jagd Doga from Amenbo when I came across this in the description for the ground combat Zaku II,

"this new items comes with a HCM pro post card. Fisrt come first serve, while stock lasts."

Any ideas?

Edited by Fort Max

0083 HCM Prom would be amazing.... GP-01FB all the way!

Wait... imagine an HCM Pro Dendrobium!!!

400812[/snapback]

Very possible. Then all the other Mobile armours. :)

Yeah, I really don't think a Dendrobium is out of the question, bandai allready did it twice in a larger scale after all.

They can do all the others if they want but Dendrobium is the only one I really want.

In the meantime I'm left wondering what has become of the Zeta fest Bandai had going on, there was talk of an HCMP Methuss not so long ago and there are still some other suits recentley released under HGUC (Gaza-C, Galbathley) that could easily be converted into pros.

And how could Bandai deprive of us a good quality 1/200 Psyco Gundam, honestley they give with one hand and take away with the other.

Edited by Fort Max

Yeah, I really don't think a Dendrobium is out of the question, bandai allready did it twice in a larger scale after all.

They can do all the others if they want but Dendrobium is the only one I really want.

400851[/snapback]

i also would not mind the Meteor from Gundam Seed.

chris

I have a confession to make....

I got my HCM RX-78-2 today, and I hearby take back any mean thing I have ever said to anyone or about the HCM Pro line... it's not floppy at all, so maybe I just got lucky, and I absolutely love it. I spent the whole night decaling it up and am just about to panel line it.... I absolutely LOVE it... it's amazing, great paint job, superb detail, and amazing posability. I can't wait to get more!

Hi i am glad you like it, my rx-78 is nice and tight as well, i recommend the MK II and Nemo next they are very nice as well.

chris

ZM, I am all over that. I was eyeing up the MKII and Nemo last night.... I really want a Zeon mech too tho... the Sazabi looks awesome, but I'm usually more of a grunt guy... There's a pre-order for a second Zaku II (J ground type) with a big gun, but it doesn't look like it comes with the Zaku machine gun... so how consistently floppy are the Zaku II, Dom, and Guncannon?

EDIT: ANd I'll have to post up some pics of my Gundam in a little while once the sealer dries.... I use the extra battle damage decals off of the big MG decal sheets from the Acguy and Dom(I think) with the paint chipping and bullet hole decals... and added some good gratuitous caution marking decals and panel lined it up. I love this thing... it's got gratuitous extra panel lines AND extra two-tone markings on the white and blue parts... do they all have this much in teh way of extra little detail marking? I wish there was a dalong.net for HCM Prom figures.... :rolleyes:

Edited by promethuem5

The racing stripes (as they're known in some parts) are very much a love it/hate it thing. I thought the early ones were quite bad but recentley Bandai have managed to make them work better by using more subtle differences in tones.

The ground type Zaku II comes with everything the first release had plus all the new stuff,

http://www.noda-ya.com/html/syohin/gundam/02600336.htm

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN941859

Gouf is also out this month, allready ordered this one,

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN941858

I second the recomendation on the MKII, it's just all around one of the nicest Pros there is. I'd go for the complete set with the G-Defensor and flying armour.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN934081

Thanks! You guys aren't kidding about the MKII... I'll have to find one of the complete set... and grab a Zaku... how are the cables on the Zaku chassis designs? really flexible, or not quite so much? I could see them hindering motion or breaking on this size...

And I personally LOVE the racing stripes... I dunno why, but I am a total freak towards gratuitous (and waht some woulda call excessive) markings.

I'm sure you guys are sick of seeing pics of such an early relese, but I really wanted to see what people thought of my decal job...

post-2015-1148227982_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1148228021_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1148228062_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1148228089_thumb.jpg

Since this whole page has been nothing but Pros I thought I'd throw this into the mix.

HLJ have these fantastic new figure stands in that work beuatifully with Pros,

http://www.hlj.com/product/YLSPPC-28

And here's a couple of pictures of mine,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/Fortmax/Zetaflight.jpg

and here's how I rigged the Zeta, the prongs are right up inside the wings with the wires bent to pull them out a little. Shiki just has them wrapped round the backpack.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/Fort...etaonprongs.jpg

I've only tried these two so far as I've been busy but I have just about all the pros and will take requests for pictures. :)

It's been quite a while since I collected any MSiA fig's. I see the HCM Pro fig's are officially 1/200 scale. How do they compare in size to the MSiA's? They seem to offer a great deal more detail than the former for about the same price; but are they much larger or smaller than the MSiA's?

I wish they'd release some of the MS from F91, in either series. But I must be the only one who actually likes those MS designs; pretty much the black sheep of the UC franchise...

Edited by reddsun1

Alright, I ordered the Nemo and Asshimar from gundamstoreandmore... but I can't find a US seller for the complete MKII set anywhere, gundamstoreandmore has just the MKII by itself, but I really want the Super Gundam set.

Edited by promethuem5

hi yea they are worth it, the figures can be placed back in if you want to sell them or store them. but most of the weapons come on model kit like plastic trees and need to be cut from them, i usually just store them in a plastic baggy in the box.

chris

I've only got one but I'm gettin more.... I think they are awesome. The weapons and hands storage thing is kinda annoying, but no biggie, and the figures are really really detailed and really posable and quite durable from what I can tell. None of this PVC bull.

It's been quite a while since I collected any MSiA fig's.  I see the HCM Pro fig's are officially 1/200 scale.  How do they compare in size to the MSiA's?  They seem to offer a great deal more detail than the former for about the same price; but are they much larger or smaller than the MSiA's?

400998[/snapback]

Yeah, from what I've been reading, I think you are.... the HCMs are about the size of one of those 3 1/2 inch GI-Joe figures....

401014[/snapback]

**dusts off pic**

This may help....

hcmpro_scales.jpg

;)

Hey guys, I'm trying to find an older Gundam toy I remember seeing on this forum a while back. It was a large scale, I think might have been part of the Musha line. But it was not decked out in typical samurai armor, instead it looked more like some sort of heavy-type gundam, lots of guns and so forth. I know it was for sure not based on an anime design and was an original design for the toy. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Hey guys, I'm trying to find an older Gundam toy I remember seeing on this forum a while back. It was a large scale, I think might have been part of the Musha line. But it was not decked out in typical samurai armor, instead it looked more like some sort of heavy-type gundam, lots of guns and so forth. I know it was for sure not based on an anime design and was an original design for the toy. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

401143[/snapback]

Yeah, I know the one you're thinking of, I have one sitting in a proxy servces stash right now. :D

I don't know where to go for pics but Drifand has some so PM him and ask nicely for the "DX Mushacoth Command Gundam" pics.

Getting back onto the more important topic at hand, I store all of the weapons and spare parts for my pros in a little plastic craft box/tool box that I have on my desk.

I'll snap a pic later for those who are curious but I can get everything in it bar Zetas Hyper mega Luncher and Asshimars stand.

Storing and segregating all them parts for my Gundam FIX-es is a real pain in the ass. I'd like to see how some people are doing it. For me its still all in their original boxes.