Macross Transport Shuttle?

specr0101

????? What is THIS??? I can´t even remember this little beast.... was that really in DYRL?

This was the chase vehicle that Misa used to go after "loverboy" and "the tart" when they went on their date to the rings of Saturn.

Edited by Chas

These are ALL what I want (if you guys take 10 years to make it, no problem :p ) :

1/72 GPB kit (for Hasegawa battroid)

1/72 Missile Phalanx

1/72 Zentrady Fighter Pod

1/1000 ARMD-01

1/72 Captain America recast of Regult + Heavy & Light Missile Carrier Kit

1/72 Regult Tactical Scout type

1/72 Glaug, with detailed cockpit

1/72 Glaug Booster

1/72 Kamjin (for cockpit Glaug!!)

1/72 Nousjadeul-ger

1/72 Queadluun-rau

1/72 Cat´s Eye (a new one)

These are ALL what I want (if you guys take 10 years to make it, no problem :p ) :

1/72 Missile Phalanx

1/1000 ARMD-01

1/72 Glaug Booster

1/72 Nousjadeul-ger

1/72 Queadluun-rau

383515[/snapback]

oh for the love of.... dude the Captian didn't recast the regult, it's an original sculpt of his own making.

1/72 Missile Phalanx

1/1000 ARMD-01

1/72 Glaug Booster

1/72 Nousjadeul-ger

1/72 Queadluun-rau

383515[/snapback]

oh for the love of.... dude the Captian didn't recast the regult, it's an original sculpt of his own making.

383566[/snapback]

ROFL!

I can't believe I missed that. I'm assuming he means "re-issue", as in me re-issuing the Regult kit.

ROFL!

I can't believe I missed that. I'm assuming he means "re-issue", as in me re-issuing the Regult kit.

383570[/snapback]

I noticed that, but I have a dejá vu about this thing, so I didn't say anything. ;) It's a common mistake I've heard. Always funny though.

Oh and Honneamise, I'll need two of those rabbit ships, one in flying mode one with legs extended and Ostrich boosters, can you send those out next week? ;)

383366[/snapback]

Well, except for the delivery date (I may need 4 weeks), no problem. I´ll custom build them for you. Is $ 2.250 OK? :D

Those ideas for the bigger craft like the shuttle or the boosters in 1/200 or even in 1/1000 are very interesting and not too far-fetched I think. There is already a big line-up of 1/200s, and a "big-ship-scale" like they have with the Star Trek kits wouldn´t hurt either.

ROFL!

383570[/snapback]

I noticed that, but I have a dejá vu about this thing, so I didn't say anything. ;) It's a common mistake I've heard. Always funny though.

383575[/snapback]

Sorry... I don't know the difference... can you explain me guys, please?

Please remember than I don't talk english very well, and I mistake all the time... :(

383671[/snapback]

The actual meaning of the words in this case can be pretty much the same thing, so it's not wrong as such - but by convention, people use 'recast' to refer to unauthorised 'bootleg' copies of other people's kits rather than just a second set of castings from the original sculptor/producer.

383671[/snapback]

The actual meaning of the words in this case can be pretty much the same thing, so it's not wrong as such - but by convention, people use 'recast' to refer to unauthorised 'bootleg' copies of other people's kits rather than just a second set of castings from the original sculptor/producer.

383674[/snapback]

Thank you Sar!! I undertand it perfectly!! :D

Specr0101

I made several 1/200 models. I also made the VC-33 “Mom’s Kitchen†you spoke about Lisa flying in. In fact I still owe to Neptunesurvey (sorry dude). If enough people are interested, I’ll do one, but in 1/200. If anyone knows of a good caster, I’ll have copies made of my VC-33 “Mom’s Kitchen†if there’s enough interest. I haven’t given Neptunesurvey’s his yet because I’m not happy with the bubbles. The shape and thickness of the wings lend to a lot of bubbles at the wing tips. I don’t have a pressure chamber to shrink the air bubbles and there’s just no getting around them no matter how I turn the mold.

Here’s a link to the postings I made earlier on. - MT

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...=15542&hl=vc-33

Edited by MechTech

That's the one. If there are more takers, I might be able to do it through starship modeller or another service. I've gotta get my Daedalus done, but I can put it down for my fellow MW'ers. ;) Obviously the VC-33 is done, the shuttle would require sculpting. - MT

Edited by MechTech

MechTech,

I'm game for one. Hopefully more guys will jump on this so that you may seriously start sculpting it. :p

That's the one.  If there are more takers, I might be able to do it through starship modeller or another service.  I've gotta get my Daedalus done, but I can put it down for my fellow MW'ers. ;)  Obviously the VC-33 is done, the shuttle would require sculpting. - MT

384687[/snapback]

If anyone else wants one, now's the time to speak up. If I go to a caster, they'll probably want a minimum quantity. This way if there's enough, they might be interested. It's a matter of balancing cost out unfortuneatly. Unless you wanna pay a hundred bucks for a tiny plane. Oh wait, we do that here :lol: We'll keep it in this thread too. - MT

If anyone else wants one, now's the time to speak up.  If I go to a caster, they'll probably want a minimum quantity.  This way if there's enough, they might be interested.  It's a matter of balancing cost out unfortuneatly.  Unless you wanna pay a hundred bucks for a tiny plane.  Oh wait, we do that here :lol:  We'll keep it in this thread too. - MT

385078[/snapback]

For larger craft I suggest that we avoid the metric model scales and make them in 1/144th scale to go with other SST kits.

I can see your point Cobywan, but there are already a number of relatively easy to get Macross models in 1/200. If we stick with this you will have a greater variety of subject matter to complement each other. I mean, I would rather have a valkyrie in scale lined up next to this than a 747.

As long as we stay far far away from the horrendous 1/170 scale though it will all be good.

1.) To come clean, I'm a 1/72nd scale guy at heart. Then those Nichimo guys came out with all that stuff in 1/200. Cool and alright. Then there's the 1/200th Monster. Then Nichimo has all these ships in 1/200 (got a destroyer and the massive Yamato battleship :) ). Then Hasegawa came out with their line of 1/200th scale aircraft (got some of them too).

I have a bunch of 1/100 Macross kits, but there isn't any craft small enough for them to all "go with." I got the crazy idea to build the Daedalus about four years ago and have been working the idea and buying things every now and then to go with it. (Just bought a six channel radio a couple weeks back). I've actaully had the heavy guage plastic for about four years too. In short, I just wanted everything to go together. Like Jardann said, to put stuff side by side for comparison. I finally got the tools to make all the plastic cutting easier and that's why I just started on the Daedalus.

The lack of stuff in 1/200th is frustrating! That's the sole purpose for the scratch building. Why couldn't Nichimo make everything in 1/144th! I'm blaming them!

I can buy almost anything (non-Macross) in 1/144th! GRRrrrr!

2.) OK, how many people really want a shuttle in 1/200th? I've had a few people ask about scratch building "how-to's". I'll get both done at the same time. Who is there so far?

Edited by MechTech

• 4 months later...

Hey look all my old scans.

I'd like to see a resin kit of the Star Goose, however the information should be accurate and I should do some re-scans.

Nanashi's Information Group

www.macrossmecha.info

Well speak of the devil

It's the StarGoose

http://orbit.m6.net/Forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=3838

This has got some great art sketches.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v31/lsutehall/stargoose/

383129[/snapback]

I'm curious... Is there a reason why large models like this couldn't be done in fiberglass?

Though not used much on small scale RC ships, due to weight issues, large scale models (5-6' long, and 25+ lb.) are often moulded entirely from fiberglass, and include excellent surface detail, with panel lines, rivet heads, etc.

Without the weight concerns that a flying model has, a 25" long shuttle could probably be pretty easy to pull off. Some carbon ribbon placed strategically would make the model very stiff, and by display model standards, quite light for its size. (Probably less than a pound. Nice for shipping.)

~Luke

Edited by IAD

The resin used to laminate fiber glas mat needs longer to harden . You can't used rapid casting resin for . so it would take a whole day to make 1 copy. The other thing is the mould. You have to make a mould without behind cutting objects nor forms. Thats 2 moulds for the main fuselage, 2 for the wings ,2 for the air intake section. The other thing is the moulds should have as less details as possible otherwise you won't get the resinparts seperated from the mould. thats why the big RC planes have no details on the surfaces. It's also great for the aerodynamic characteristics of a RC jet /plane.At least the details won't be very satisfying for a display model. Fine thin wrickle-friendly fiberglas mats cost mucho mucho money,but not as much as carbon :p . 1 layer won't be enough so you need 2 layers to garanty stability not to get the parts cracked while releasing it from the forms. Depending on the problems listed above the price for such a kit would be higher than a resin GK.For example just look what you get if you order a 1/6 RC jet shell. And it's only the hull for the price of few Tanmen Cat's Eyes.

That's why most model planes between 30~70 cm are made of Balsa wood or expanded plasics. I would refer to a small scale kit . At least 1/144 or smaller. It would be the best option.

How many people here have experience in building GRP models? I guess not many. Well it's no fun if you don't have a workshop and the right machines or tools. :lol: Glas fiber and powder is no fun as well. :lol::blink::lol: !!!

Doh! I almost forgot that were on Macrossworld. Huge,>1/72,big,bigger or as big as fat Albert should be the standard minimum attitude. Sorry, not today.

I see. Ok, just wondering.

I will say this, though... The level of moulded surface detail on some of the higher end fiberglass models is very high, similar to some of the resin models I've seen here. (Very scale, rivet-counting, etc.) Also, the 30-70 cm span ships are made of balsa or foam because of weight, not because of prohibitive cost. (Actually, there are no 30 cm. span scale ship kits, at least not RC.)

~Luke

I will say this, though...  The level of moulded surface detail on some of the higher end fiberglass models is very high, similar to some of the resin models I've seen here.  (Very scale, rivet-counting, etc.)  Also, the 30-70 cm span ships are made of balsa or foam because of weight, not because of prohibitive cost. (Actually, there are no 30 cm. span scale ship kits, at least not RC.)

~Luke

427279[/snapback]

I don't know what kind of details GRS Model planes have in other countries or what a pro rc model builder(that's you o great rc-god) would buy as a acceptable detailgrade. I was just refering to the small mass produced jet models I've seen on RC jet meetings(in Germany) and my experience in laminating prototype testbed chairs for Keiper-Recaro. They really have strange and complex designs! The highly detailed model jets were mostly selfmade on these meetings. Besides I don't care much about this kind of hobby modeling. A friend always tries to convince me with radio controlled jets and this kind of stuff. He used to ask me every time I call him , if I would like to build a plane from scratch for him. Man, yes I'm Jesus I can turn wine into water...on weekends.

And about the weight thing : Yes I know balsa and EPS don't weight much . But I was thinking about the cost by mass production. A foamed model only needs 1 mould

You can cast a modell with complex structures in only 15~20 minutes(expanded PU). As EPS even faster just like injection model kits. For Balsa wood models they use a spencil. So this one is also a fast and cheap way to produce "light in weight" ship models. ;)