Lego Dig Dug

cube

cool, when you say fygar do you mean Rygar? there is also some others like Xevious as well, i would love some Mega man and castlevania ones myself.

chris

Nice job Cube!!

Haven't seen you around these parts in a while. How's it going?

382830[/snapback]

yea, i havent been posting here much...busy with work and whatnot (check out my site if you're bored: Mobius Designs ).

I still pop in here occasionally to check on new stuff..the kaiyodo revoltechs have me coming here now, and the masterpiece starscream will probably keep me comin back for a while (plus I'm in the market for some cheap rook alpha mps, so I keep an eye on the FS section)

How are your customs coming? I'm still waiting on the pix :lol:

and yea, legos are perfect for the pixelated look

Awesome! I still love both Dig Dug and Legos to this day. I would have never thought that Legos would lend themselves so well to old school sprites like these, but this is perfect.

wow I like that very cool.

382984[/snapback]

LOL, Solscud just read your sig. I will have to start insulting more MW'ers to see how many more sigs I can get on! :D

just finished a 3D blue version of fygar ( the dragon), plus a huge shot of flame.

I'll try to take pix later.

and yea, with this pixel style, anything should be possible (at least as far as old video games are concered). As you get into the newer systems, the sprites have more pixels, so they will obviously get bigger and more complicated. Simon Belmont, the vic viper, arthur from ghosts n goblins...should all work.

Very cool... you should do a classic diorama of Dig Dug in the middle of sadistically pumping up/deflating the last creature who was trying to escape.

Sometimes I think Dig Dug may have been the very first video game where you were mercilessly killing and torturing baddies for really no good reason. Most games had you fighting to defend yourself, or at least for vengeance of some past deed or something. Dig Dug was all about someone invading a native people's home territory and committing genocide in a very inhumane way... :D

Very cool... you should do a classic diorama of Dig Dug in the middle of sadistically pumping up/deflating the last creature who was trying to escape.

Sometimes I think Dig Dug may have been the very first video game where you were mercilessly killing and torturing baddies for really no good reason. Most games had you fighting to defend yourself, or at least for vengeance of some past deed or something. Dig Dug was all about someone invading a native people's home territory and committing genocide in a very inhumane way...  :D

383298[/snapback]

You're very mistaken. DigDug was all about organic gardening.

See, our hero COULD have just sprayed pesticides on his vegetabls and called it a day, but instead he went for the chemical-free approach.

yea, I'm going to eventually make a 2D version of a pooka getting esploded, but i dont know if i can pull off a 3D version. the angles would make things pretty difficult.

and if i owned some property and the ground was infested with 6ft tall fire breathing dragons and goggle monsters, i would totally poke them with a bicycle pump and inflate them til they popped...or id just stab them in the head with a screwdriver like my dad does to moles that tear up his yard :D

yea, I'm going to eventually make a 2D version of a pooka getting esploded, but i dont know if i can pull off a 3D version. the angles would make things pretty difficult.

and if i owned some property and the ground was infested with 6ft tall fire breathing dragons and goggle monsters, i would totally poke them with a bicycle pump and inflate them til they popped...or id just stab them in the head with a screwdriver like my dad does to moles that tear up his yard :D

383452[/snapback]

I think Centipede was on the right track. There is no problem that can't be solved with the applicaiton of heavy artillery.