Where's Hurin?

I miss Hurin and his unabashedly contrarian common sense around here. Outside of his one post I saw in the feedback section, where's he been?

Speaking of which, A1's been AWOL too. Are they off on some father-son bonding trip? Or he's eaten Hurin? One of the two.

btw what's your avatar off of?

379089[/snapback]

It's the head of a Tomahawk Destroid that's seen better days... somehow the pilot managed to get shot through the visor in addition to runing most of the destroid. It's from that scene where Minmei and Kaifun have a spat... the destroid looms the background, leaning on a building.

Edited by Sundown

I was watching an episode of CSI last night, where they found traces of semen on two door knobs. I guess A1 has gone to Hollywood then :p

Graham

379215[/snapback]

You know, I just woke up and this is the first thing I read in the morning... :blink:

Well, that's touching. Thanks Sundown. :D

Well, as much as I do like to think that I have a life, my fiance knows better and assures me on a regular basis that I do not.

Basically, I've been consumed with getting the Macross Nexus website backend and forums further polished (together with Mechamaniac of course!), wedding planning, and "real" work.

But it's nice to know that I've been missed. . . sorta?

Best,

H

Ooo.  Macrossnexus is pretty snazzy, Hurin.  My only comment would be that watching the right hand menu flash and refresh everytime I click to expand a link is a little bit of an eyestrain.  Anyway to fix that using frames or something?

379930[/snapback]

Thanks for the feedback!

Hmmm, I didn't realize what you meant at first. But then I tried IE and saw the flashing you're noticing. The solution. . . is to try firefox. :)

This is like the 4th thing that has been messed up on IE but works fine in Firefox. Unfortunately, there isn't a feasible fix since the front-end is dynamically generated by the Joomla CMS system. :(

H

Admittedly, Joomla! and Mambo are Open Source projects. Open Source projects are generally pretty well dominated by the anti Microsoft set. Therefore, it stands to reason that these products work better in other Open Source applications.

I don't know too many hardcore Linux users who use IE unless (like me) they are forced to at work. And even then, I only use it when I have to develop something specifically for it.

I thought I would give this browser a try.  Why is Firefox that much faster, anyway?

380030[/snapback]

Here's a trick I learnt.

type 'about:config' in the address slot (doesnt matter if you are offline)......

in the menu you get go to network.http.pipelining by default its value is set to false, double click it to get it to say true

by enabling this your firefox browser sends multiple requests to a website

in the next line the interger is network.http.pipelining.maxrequests its value by default is 4 double click on it and set the value to somewhere between 20 to 30, this means that your browser would send 20 to 30 requests simultaneously to a website (dont go beyond 30 for the sake of morality- its a website after all and has banwidth monitoring)

some rows below find another integer network.http.proxy.pipelining, it is set to false, double click and set to true...

Lastly add a new integer, right click anywhere and select new>integer, preference name would be nglayout.initialpaint.delay set its value to zero, this new integer makes the browser display immediately any information it retrieves from the website the zero indicates the time the browser should wait before acting on the data retrieved from an web address.

o yea and i almost forgot

find 'browser.turbo.enabled' set its value to 'true'

• 4 weeks later...

Even sped up Firefox is hyper slow compared to Opera. Also Firefox crashes on me a lot, and Opera never does. Maybe it's because my computer is old, but too bad. Firefox should not be hogging resources. It's not as bad as IE, but it's nowhere near as good as Opera. There. Browser snobbery finished.