Best Animated Sdf Macross Episodes

Dobber

I've been seeing a few threads popping up about the worste the show had to offer, so I figured why not point out the best the show had to offer. This way newcomers to Macross could here more about the positives ;) The best animation I can think of for SDF Macross was when Hikaru saved Misa in the Super VF-1. I just remember it had an awesome transformation sequence and then when he communicated to Misa with his running lights! WOW from what I remember that was DYRL quality! which episode was that?

Which ones do you all like?

Chris

P.S. I'm guessing we won't see any Anime Friend episodes here! :D

Edited by Dobber

I've been seeing a few threads popping up about the worste the show had to offer, so I figured why not point out the best the show had to offer. This way newcomers to Macross could here more about the positives ;) The best animation I can think of for SDF Macross was when Hikaru saved Misa in the Super VF-1. I just remember it had an awesome transformation sequence and then when he communicated to Misa with his running lights! WOW from what I remember that was DYRL quality! which episode was that?

Was that in the episode, "Bye, Bye Mars" that you're talking about?

Congrats to me, folks. This happens to be my 100th post since the MW.com Forums' revival. :D

Edited by MjrMisaHayase

Chris

P.S. I'm guessing we won't see any Anime Friend episodes here! :D

373793[/snapback]

I think that episode was "Goodbye Girl." It was the first appearance of the "Booby Duck" super pack. One of my favorites as well.

The best animation I can think of for SDF Macross was when Hikaru saved Misa in the Super VF-1. I just remember it had an awesome transformation sequence and then when he communicated to Misa with his running lights! WOW from what I remember that was DYRL quality! which episode was that? 

373793[/snapback]

I think that episode was "Goodbye Girl." It was the first appearance of the "Booby Duck" super pack. One of my favorites as well.

373829[/snapback]

ditto. Loved that episode! Also, don't forget it was the first time Max and Millia met...i.e. their arcade "battle."

It looked to me that the first few episodes had the best animation, especially the pilot.

Its hard to avoid, they most likely had the most money and resorces on these.

there isnt much in macross that rivals that first zentradi capitolship flyby, the vf-1d crashing through a building while transforming and some of the smoothest most on-model character animation of the serise all in one episode.

they might not have been the most actionpacked, memorable or impressive scenes in the serise, but best animated imho by far.

For me, the best animation is "Love Drifts Away" (episode 27).  The characters are on model, and all the mecha look great.  Plus, you can't beat exploding little girls.

374858[/snapback]

Exploding Girls???? :blink: you are one sick puppy :p