The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

There are scans on CollectionDX's review, I believe.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more (or any) customs using them. The mouth one would also go well on the Konig Monster so you can have an SMS version. B))

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Dis=-2&Ma...chpage=top_page

There's a sale on -

YMT33967 Yamato 1/15 Transformable Garland In Stock 8,400

YMT33968 Yamato 1/15 Transformable Garland Army Color In Stock 8,400

YMT34528 Yamato 1/15 Garland Factory Color In Stock 8,400

50% off the regular price of 16,800 yen. Not bad, too bad i want the proto.

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if I should get the red Garland from HLJ? I love the red scheme but wouldn't want to get faulty shoulders. I'm not from Japan or the US so I dun think I'm eligible for any warrantees should anything break.

Anyone who has bought the red one @ 50% off please let me know.

Thank you!

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if I should get the red Garland from HLJ? I love the red scheme but wouldn't want to get faulty shoulders. I'm not from Japan or the US so I dun think I'm eligible for any warrantees should anything break.

Thank you!

Chances are you're going to get the faulty shoulders no matter what with the Ep1 Red Garland. Since you're not from the US, I dunno if they'd help you or not...I would probably avoid getting it and go with either the Army or Factory type.

Hello,

Thank you!

I'm based in Mexico City and asked Yamato USA for the replacement shoulders no problem. They even paid for the shipping. I hope this helps.

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Dis=-2&Ma...chpage=top_page

There's a sale on -

YMT33967 Yamato 1/15 Transformable Garland In Stock 8,400

YMT33968 Yamato 1/15 Transformable Garland Army Color In Stock 8,400

YMT34528 Yamato 1/15 Garland Factory Color In Stock 8,400

50% off the regular price of 16,800 yen. Not bad, too bad i want the proto.

They've been on sale since May 13th.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=593721

I recently bought a Factory colour Garland from HLJ when it was on sale. If I were you, get that because it has Shogo as the rider.

No shoulder breakages, so there's nothing to fear on the later releases. Yamato USA will replace busted shoulders on older ones too. So if you like the red garland and don't mind waiting, just go ahead and buy it. Because the problem has been fixed and they admit it is there fault. So you are entitled to get the fix free as it is their own fault.

If people wait wait wait maybe it delays them from bothering to release new MZ23 toys as they will interpret lack of buys as meaning that people are not interested in it? I want to see more from MZ 23. I intend to get the protogarland one day. Just been procrastinating.

It would have been good if they put as much attention to BGC as they are on megazone though. But still I can barely keep up with yamato's macross releases and with bandai now coming up with all the macross frontier toys maybe its best they take things slowly.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
They always had riders.

So i took out my old red Garland to transform abit. Before I even got down to transforming it, the infamous shoulder crumbling problem reared its ugly head on BOTH shoulders...dammit...

Do you guys know if Yamato will still do the shoulder fixes? Its been 2 years since I bought it, just that I have not played with it much.... :(

annoying !!

So i took out my old red Garland to transform abit. Before I even got down to transforming it, the infamous shoulder crumbling problem reared its ugly head on BOTH shoulders...dammit...

Do you guys know if Yamato will still do the shoulder fixes? Its been 2 years since I bought it, just that I have not played with it much.... :(

annoying !!

It never cease to amaze me, with Yamato it's never a matter of if a reported breaking part will break on your toy or not, it's a matter of when: Back in the day, when everybody here were discussing the breaking hips on the VF-11b I was like "Poor bastards, mine is perfect, no stress marks, no nothing". Then one day I picked it up it from its box and both legs stayed in the box.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

I got an army version recently for a fairly low price. No problem with the busting shoulder at all but the shoulder joint (up-down joint) is so loose, it can't hold a raising arm pose at all. The main shoulder rotation is OK. Also, the right knee cap does not flip out properly, restricting forward knee movement. Are these common problems?

Edited by Mowe

• 2 weeks later...

Bump!

Wave has their Garland mass production model kit up for preorder. Scale is 1/32, non transformable and snap fit assembly. Very nice sculpt, just like their Proto Garland.

The thing is I noticed how similar this is from the Proto Garland, (except from the whole shoulder assembly and some details here and there), so I'm hoping that Yamato releases the mass production next, only no glossy finish this time, please Yamato.

Overdrive

Hlj

post-1636-1218556946_thumb.jpg

post-1636-1218557133_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I got an army version recently for a fairly low price. No problem with the busting shoulder at all but the shoulder joint (up-down joint) is so loose, it can't hold a raising arm pose at all. The main shoulder rotation is OK. Also, the right knee cap does not flip out properly, restricting forward knee movement. Are these common problems?

The updown joint on the right arm of my Army Garland is also very loose. When I tried to tighten that part, I discovered there is a plastic peg inside that has broken. It's nothing that some little glue can't fix... but to get to that part... you have to carefully pry open the plastic halves that hold the arm... you don't want to get stress marks after the fix.

My right knee cap does not flip out properly as well. Don't know how to fix that part though.

• 1 month later...

I just bought a 1/15 Garland.

I like it, but at the first transformation, like other people, the red parts broke <_<

Is it possible for european consumer to obten new red parts ?

Thank's in advence for the answer (I have read 32 pages of this thread, but I haven't seen if it's possible :S)

post-3017-1223046733_thumb.jpg

post-3017-1223046756_thumb.jpg

post-3017-1223046775_thumb.jpg

You would think, after a good year now, they'd have just recalled what they had out there, fix the shoulders and no harm no foul, unless it's just cheaper this way, which I can't believe really is.

I don't think yamato has anymore control of a product even if its defective once its out on the market... the most cost effective thing they can do is send ppl replacement parts. It would cost waay too much to recall a certain item that has already been distributed globally.

• 2 weeks later...

On Sunday, I finally purchased the Army Garland after seeing it on sale at about 99USD from my regular store here in Singapore. I opened it today to give it a spin and this is what I found:

1. Nothing missing or broken OOB, good.

2. Upon extending the right foot, the ENTIRE foot assembly popped-off the leg. (Managed to shove it back in)

3. In my shock, I grabbed the main body and the upper torso popped-off the hinges at the handle bars. (Managed to re-attach)

4. Next, I found that the entire left leg is limp; no grippy when fully extended. (Can't fix without prying off screw covers)

5. Both fore-feet are looser than a $5 hooker.

6. While locking the seat down for robot mode, the entire rear red-light popped off. No glue.

7. Splitting the front wheel, the right-side magnet pulls off its socket. No glue.

8. Pulling it off yanked the OTHER magnet out as well. No glue.

9. The fists... they're perfect mates of the floppy feet. Loose as heck and cannot grip the weapon well.

I was only kidding about "using up my quota of Yamato luck" when I got a problem-free Proto Garland, but this is !@#$ing ridiculous. I think the factory foreman was hoarding the glue supply and sniffing it up. :-/

So I stand by opinion: "You cannot trust Yamato at any price. Even if it looks nice, every purchase is a roll of dice."

P.S. I can't wait for Bandai to show up with the DX VF-25. At least I know what I'll be getting for my cash.

Edited by drifand