The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

I hope those leg flaps will lower more than that. They should lay almost flat per the line art. You can see they resculpted the windscreen correctly and added popout mirrors - nice. I would like to see it have the candy apple reddish/metallic paint it sported in Part II instead of bare red pastic.

Yeah, I have been using that stuff on my surfboard for years. They also have a hockey stick formula.

Wow, I had no idea that was a real product. I always assumed it was just some funny Engrish. Just like the HARD ON games in Megazone 23 the Third

I hope those leg flaps will lower more than that. They should lay almost flat per the line art. You can see they resculpted the windscreen correctly and added popout mirrors - nice. I would like to see it have the candy apple reddish/metallic paint it sported in Part II instead of bare red pastic.

I don;t think you should worry even for a moment about the leg flaps, they were mostl likely just up for the show to enable viewers to see the interior mechanical detail. The popout mirrors are a great touch, it's the little things that are often the most impressive imo.

It was a funny joke on the beach. Kids would buy the stuff and if they asked I warn them," That is just the name of the company don't use it for that or you will rip off chunks of skin."

Wow, I had no idea that was a real product. I always assumed it was just some funny Engrish. Just like the HARD ON games in Megazone 23 the Third

post-3784-1187873215_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fly4victory

Not from Yamato, but Aoshima seems to be making 1/24 transformable Garland plamodel that can store it's weapon in bike mode (October release). I couldn't find any photos yet.

Supposed to be on Dengeki Hobby this month. I may need to pick that up...

Not from Yamato, but Aoshima seems to be making 1/24 transformable Garland plamodel that can store it's weapon in bike mode (October release). I couldn't find any photos yet.

Cool, I'd like to see that. I probably wouldn't buy it though, I don;t have the time for models these days.

Please do! I can't get any japanese hobby mags on time where I live and I've been waiting for other companies to release their own transforming Garlands for quite some time now.

• 2 weeks later...

Proto Garland Maneuver Slave mode.

Air brake parts can in fact fold.

Shogo gets a new mold from Megazone part II.

IMO, Yamato has an ability to make better figures like Votoms Chirico...

post-4983-1189454791_thumb.jpg

Edited by konimon

Finallysome Slave mode pics. Thanks, Konimon. I agree with you: Yamato can do better on the figures. I've been waiting for them to make some nice aftermarket ones (it'd be a mean marketing move, but a smart one), but so far nothing. Maybe they're waiting to release all Garland versions to sell those separately afterwards.

Edit: I still don't dig the legs attached to the upper torso idea. If the legs were attached to the hip we could had have a nice waist articulation <_<

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

I'm a sucker for the Garland designs so I have the first version and the military recolor. The military version has the improved shoulders, no problem so far. I'll get the silver repaint too, I think it looks snazzy. It's called the 'factory' version , I guess to mean what one would look like if you bought it at a Garland Dealership - if there was such a thing.

I'm impressed with the Proto Garland, it turned out very accurate to the line art, a definite buy. Here's hoping they retool it into the floating green military Garlands from Part II as well since there would be just a few parts changes.

I'm a sucker for the Garland designs so I have the first version and the military recolor. The military version has the improved shoulders, no problem so far. I'll get the silver repaint too, I think it looks snazzy. It's called the 'factory' version , I guess to mean what one would look like if you bought it at a Garland Dealership - if there was such a thing.

I'm impressed with the Proto Garland, it turned out very accurate to the line art, a definite buy. Here's hoping they retool it into the floating green military Garlands from Part II as well since there would be just a few parts changes.

I'm a sucker for the Garland design myself...I wonder if it would be wishful thinking to hope for a reissue of the first Garland with the retooled shoulders.

I don't know enough about M23, it that just some money milking repaint or is the real thing???

Only the first two repaints appeared in the movie. This sort of a "The Fast and The Furious" repaint is just to milk the mold.

After the nightmare that was the first Garland, I have stayed away from the subsequent military version...

For anyone who's got either, or are thinking about the third repaint or Proto Garland, are the shoulders still an issue?

I have my Military issue on hold for other items to arrive at Twinmoons, so I couldn't tell, but I did ordered replacement shoulders for the red one and so far so good. Those were slightly redesigned and the breaking piece seem to be made from a less brittle plastic.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Isn't the silver one how it first appears when Shinji shows it off to Shogo in the underground car park.

Shogo then has that one repainted into red and the brown one is the mass produced military version, hence the military pilot figure included with it.

No, when Shinji shows the Garland off to Shogo right before BD and his thugs attack, it is the brown/yellow color. The silver one does not appear in the anime at all, only in art books. Shogo has Coco repaint the brown/yellow military one red.

The Proto-Garland only appears in Megazone 23 Part 2.

Edited by Ginrai

No, when Shinji shows the Garland off to Shogo right before BD and his thugs attack, it is the brown/yellow color. The silver one does not appear in the anime at all, only in art books.

Ah, I stand corrected

The silver one is pretty dope but I'm not keen on buying repaints in general, much less £70 repaints.

Like many here, I really liked the design when I first saw it...then reports about the shoulders came out.

Anyway, I saw the news about the prototype garland being released and it looks amazing (i like the MODAT version a little better though as far as coloring). All the extra weapons, outrigger redesign, and new headsculpt seem to fit the pics i've seen of the movie pretty well (still need to track down a copy of that).

I decided I couldn't wait until December though, so I took advantage of Big Bad Toystore's 20% sale and snagged myself one of the military versions since that supposedly has fixed shoulders (keeping fingers crossed).

Has anyone tried doing a repaint on these? I figured if I don't like the rather odd brown i could always paint most of it matte black.

for everybody worried about the shoulder issue yamato has fixed this issue.. I have 3 garlands, 1 first issue (shoulders did break but received replacements and have not had a problem with them since.) a second red garland, perfect out of the box, im assuming was a reissue with all the problems fixed.. And a military colored garland which is indeed perfect.. So im sure for the upcoming factory color and protogarland they wont have a problem..You can even buy the red garland and shouldnt have a problem and if you do, yamato will send you replacements requiring nothing more than a email to them. I hear you guys hating on the garland because of the shoulder issue but i personally love it and think its one of yamatos best toys (my opinion of course).. I am just stating this to put the issue at ease that you shoudlnt have a prolem with any garland that you purchase new.. I cant wait for the upcoming garlands as well, even though its the same toy i absolutely love the anime and the toy even more! The guys at yamat usa are also VERY friendly so you shouldnt have a problem, i just read this thread and am sad that people arent buying this toy and supporting such a great toy because of the issue that has been solved.. And if you do get a first release, new shoulders are only an email away =).. The garland is such an awesome toy and if whoever should love this toy buy it! my only regret is the newer garlands seem to be getting more and more expensive as they get released.