Rage At Megas Xlr

Scarecrow

Just sat down with a can of coke for some channel surfing, and i flicked onto Cartoon network, and lo behold it was Megas XLR. Ive watched the series before, and i dont like it that much, but the episode that was on made me got WTF?

The storyline of the episode was basically that the main characters were on the way to Vegas to attend a gaming convention, and they accidently wake up a reversed engineered robot. Then their big robot the Megas fights him, but gets beaten and gets locked up. They then escape, and destroy a dam in Las Vegas, cutting off all the power to the city. They then land, and this is the bit that got me to go wtf?

COOP (THE MAIN CHARACTER) PRESSES A BUTTON AND OUT OF THE STOMACH OF MEGAS COMES THE SDF-1's MAIN CANNON... IT FIRES USING THE SAME ANIMATION AS THE SDF's CANNON!

OMGWTF!

okay... rage over feel free to contribute

Just sat down with a can of coke for some channel surfing, and i flicked onto Cartoon network, and lo behold it was Megas XLR. Ive watched the series before, and i dont like it that much, but the episode that was on made me got WTF?

The storyline of the episode was basically that the main characters were on the way to Vegas to attend a gaming convention, and they accidently wake up a reversed engineered robot. Then their big robot the Megas fights him, but gets beaten and gets locked up. They then escape, and destroy a dam in Las Vegas, cutting off all the power to the city. They then land, and this is the bit that got me to go wtf?

COOP (THE MAIN CHARACTER) PRESSES A BUTTON AND OUT OF THE STOMACH OF MEGAS COMES THE SDF-1's MAIN CANNON... IT FIRES USING THE SAME ANIMATION AS THE SDF's CANNON!

OMGWTF!

okay... rage over feel free to contribute

363191[/snapback]

Uhmm, what's with your rage? It ain't a big deal. In fact, it's kewl Megas had been doing it.

fwiw, Megas XLR had been doing alot of homages to Macross and other stuff for awhile now, which makes the show actually even more kewl than the other 'toons. I read somewhere before that the writers and staff are big fans of Macross and stuff.

It's all good, dude.

MEgas does pay homage to many Anime/cartoon series. There is an episode where it pokes fun of Transformers. Another episode has the voice of Bruce Campbell in it. And the character he voices looks just like him! It is a wonderful and fun series!

Isn't the main writer/creator for Megas XLR also involved with Robotech Shadow Chronicles?

I've seen Megas XLR a few times and though it was funny. I really got a kick out of the episode having fun with Voltron (Go Lion) and Battle of the Planets (Gatchaman). :D

You know I lost count how many times someone brings up Megas XLR and its about cameo's of some anime reference...like Macross, Harlock etc.

The only thing I can say is that its got a great seasoned cast like Wendee Lee (Faye From Cowboy Beebop, Kagero from Ninja Scroll, Twilight Suzuka in Outlaw Star), Clancy Brown (Commander Zim in Starship Troopers, Victor Kruger in Highlander) and Steven Jay Blum(Tom the robot on Cartoon Network, Spike in Cowboy Beebop, Agito Makashima Guyver, .S-CRY-ed as Kazuma, Mugen in Samurai Champloo)

Who is the monkey running the CN these days? Megas had like a 12 episode run, then disappeared, Venture Bros disappears, and JLU gets the can. So instead we get 12 oz mouse and squibillies and things that just aren't funny or entertaining.

Why doesn't CN know when they have something worth keeping on the air? Who's in these focus groups?

Don't you know? Ape entertainment weekly...

The fact that they dumped shows like Gundam, Ronin Warriors, and the like in favor of a hybrid space monkey with superpowers must say something.

:p

(no offense to DBZ fans of course, but too much is too much.)

Venture brothers is coming back on, and so is JLU actually. those shows are still there, just not in current rotation because they are making new episodes. Venture brothers is supposed to start in march or april again, and i just read an interview wizard magazine did with bruce timm about JLU.

I actually like the show alot it is a comedy so just treat it as such. . . ;)

I do have to say why didn't zim get picked up instead or whatever the heck 12oz mouse is supposed to be. Yeah I know most of the viewers of cartoon network at the 12-4am slot are drunk, stoned, trippin, or some combination of the three. I've been all three plus some other stuff I won't go into detail about and 12oz mouse still sucks. If I hadn't been so f@cked up I would have changed the channel :blink:

megas though... that was a pretty funny show. The episode where coop's friend was trying to impress a girl and controlling the megas remotely without knowing it had me launch milk from my nose for the first time since grade school :blink:

AAAAhhhhhhh Zim, you would figure that it should be in the works for something new will all the new publicity courtesy of hot topic and such. I have been a long time fan of Zim, ever since i first saw it when it was still new on Nickelodeon. Hell even futurama is making a comeback with 3 straight to dvd movies this summer.

I do have to say why didn't zim get picked up instead or whatever the heck 12oz mouse is supposed to be. Yeah I know most of the viewers of cartoon network at the 12-4am slot are drunk, stoned, trippin, or some combination of the three. I've been all three plus some other stuff I won't go into detail about and 12oz mouse still sucks. If I hadn't been so f@cked up I would have changed the channel :blink:

Zim is still under the competing Nickelodeon channel, albeit in the digital-channels instead of the regular cable-channel. At least in my area.

366403[/snapback]

I find 12 oz mouse pretty funny if I've had a few drinks otherwise it's kind of incomprehensible.

Cartoon Network actually did try to pick up Invader Zim, however Nickelodeon blocked it. Depending on who you ask it was either to keep programming out of the hands of a hated competitor, or to spite series creator Jhonen Vasquez who isn't well liked by the Nickelodeon higher ups.

• 2 weeks later...

Megas is great. The G-Force/Battle of the Planets mickey-take characters show up a few times, and the Sailor Moon style characters are great to watch. Especially when the 'Sailor Moon' character takes forever to stop spinning and the other 'Sailor girls' start looking impatient. :)

Megas is a fun programme that parodies other anime's with style :)

Who is the monkey running the CN these days?  Megas had like a 12 episode run, then disappeared, Venture Bros disappears, and JLU gets the can.  So instead we get 12 oz mouse and squibillies and things that just aren't funny or entertaining. 

Why doesn't CN know when they have something worth keeping on the air?  Who's in these focus groups?

365605[/snapback]

someones jackass retarded cousin who has been doing his or her cousins one too many times and popping out more retarded cousins, that is responsible for accepting these retarded shows like Bobobbobobobobobo, 12 ounce mouse, squidbillies (note to the reference of retarded cousins above) and those lame ass shows they practically rerun every day. Don't get me started on the Toonami block after they moved to Saturday night. It hasn't been the same since they took off gundam Seed for reruns of Ruoroni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho got knocked off for One Piece which was already airing on the FoxBox and because of their pirating of One Piece the Fox Box no longer airs it. Transfomers Cybertron got bump off to the WB so they cold put that Yu GI Oh! copycat Duel Masters back on inwhich did not belong on Toonami and guesss where Transformers Cybertron ended back on CN when the WB no longer airs cartoons on the weekday lineup. 6 am in the morning and they still refuse to show new episodes. I really liked MEGAS XLR it was like American anime for us and they blew it.

I bet it's the same guy who thinks Coconut Freds Fruitsalad Island is funny. I should be the on in charge of programming and bring in new shows I probaly do a better job at bringing in newer anime and leaving the retarded shows to Nickelodian. I say fire the dipSh#@#@$ts and hire some better talent like us guys who know what the anime viewer wants not what the retarded viewers want. :angry:

megasmacrossdyrl4lc.th.jpg

this is macross for sure.

369907[/snapback]

OMG!!! It looks like the cut and pasted that image from DYRL onto the cell background on MEGAS XLR. I'm surprised I didn't notice that before, must have been cooking in the kitchen I have no TV in there. :)

Edited by VF-18S Hornet