The "large" Toys For Men!

Spatula

Recently, I've been through the HUGE hype of collecting 1/6 figures. I remember probably 6 months back I wouldn't really have considered, since these things can get VERY expensive ($200+).

However, I just received in my mail yesterday the MEDICOM Real Action Heroes Solid Snake (Snake Ver).

After getting probably one of the most awesomest things in the mail, that being Solid Snake (or what I think is Big Boss in MGS3, though I've not played MGS3:SE yet), (better than my High School Diploma, mind you), I'm absolutely hooked on pretty much most things 1/6th, especially military-like or a dude with guns, take for example the Real Action Heroes (From now on denoted as "RAH") Special Air Service Ver 2..

For now I'll have to use stock pics since I'm too lazy to pull out the digi cam.

I know there's quite a few sites devoted to these one-six-wonders. onesixthwarrior.com is one of them, amongst many more.

Also, I did order the Takara Cool Girls - MOTOKO KUSANAGI (Ninja Version) just recently and am waiting for that one through the mail. Unfortunately I'll have to stick with stock pics again for now.

What got me pretty ticked was some dude in Germany sniper bidded my 1/6 Jin Ron - Panzer Corp Stray Dogs made by Dragon. 20 seconds to the end he got me, this was three days after I sat patiently and everything was fine. Check it out here.

Amongst other things, Hot-Toys recently released their ALIENS collector kits which so far include Cpl Hicks, Apone, and Vasquez. Those look absolutely sweet.

As well, I'm keeping my eye on the Terminator T-850.

Jeez, just when I only wanted to do some simple plastic modeling with my Macross 1/72s, and now this. :p

So what 1/6th stuff have you got or are planning to get?

Edited by Spatula

If I hadn't spent all my money on macross toys I probably would have bought some of those colonial marines by now. I loved aliens.

One of my fave movies. Especially the design of the aliens themselves.

Would like to see people gallery of pics of thier 1/6 especially the gits stuff. Maybe even make this a review thread of 1/6 figures.

Indeed, since it doesn't look like there's a 1/6 thread around, we'll keep this one bumped from time to time.

But first for the aliens:

CHECK THIS OUT! (Okay I know it ain't 1/6, more like 1/72), but...AOSHIMA- 1/72 Aliens DROPSHIP! As well as the "lovely" APC.

Check out this Japanese fan site as this toy-fan has taken some very nice pics of the dropship and happy little APC. The Aliens dropship is on the 3rd row, extreme left. :)

Edited by Spatula

I've got the Aoshima Dropship and it's great. Worthwhile, though very expensive, like so many collectables :)

I'm actually really interested in obtaining a Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton figure, the McFarlane one, but I don't see it available on any of the sites you linked. Do you know where you can find those now? I know the sculpt isn't the best available, but it is the most cost effective for what you get.

I've got the Aoshima Dropship and it's great.  Worthwhile, though very expensive, like so many collectables :)

I'm actually really interested in obtaining a Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton figure, the McFarlane one, but I don't see it available on any of the sites you linked.  Do you know where you can find those now?  I know the sculpt isn't the best available, but it is the most cost effective for what you get.

358409[/snapback]

You may also want to look at the neca endoskeleton. It usually averages about 30 dollars and is 18 inches tall.

Dude, you collect dolls. Ha!!!

I knew a guy who collected these things up the wazoo. He had soo many, it was insane. Of course, for his birthday he 'd always ask for one, yet it was quite hard to find one he didin't already own.

Good luck on yer. Not my cup of tea, since they can end up looking bad, like the Kusanagi doll (ugh).

Started to collect the sideshow James Bond ones. Got the Sean Connery one looking for Kojack as Blofled. From some strange reason the market is crowed with "Die Another Day" dolls. Did anyone really like the movie?

the Eva ones are quite nice, i have one of the $40.00 Ghost in the Shell ones, i wanted to upgrade her uniform with a Military Camoflage and some new Weapons but i have yet to get around to it.

chris

I have teh Hot Toys Halo jumper figure if you want to buy it from me.

358446[/snapback]

I guess it'd go well side by side with Mr. Solid Snake, but I got my monies put for somewhere else, I'll let you know via PM.

Dude, you collect dolls. Ha!!!

Good luck on yer. Not my cup of tea, since they can end up looking bad, like the Kusanagi doll (ugh).

358449[/snapback]

Why? What happened to our Sexy Cyborg? The hair right? So someone having problems trying to keep it straight? Tell ME! (jeez, I bet I'm going to get it by mail tomorrow I think).

Well, I currently own the Noriko Takaya 1/6 doll from Takara, but it has never been out of it's case. And I currently have on order these two Evangelion figures by Medicom.

noriko-doll01.gif10046055a.jpg10046056a.jpg

358499[/snapback]

These Medicom Eva Dolls are EXPENSIVE! Well, each of them is about how much I paid for Solid Snake about $120 USD, if you go to Evangelion Rei/Asuka. .

Precautions for taking care of your beloved 1/6es.

Tell me. One thing I know right off the bat is probably don't put it near any halogen lamps or anything. If my basement was the land of Toy Story, "WOODY! I'm BURNING!!!" :o

For those of you still interested in SOLID SNAKE MEDICOM (basically the same one I posted above)

GO HERE!

I got mine for 1/2 price at $124.00 USD just before christmas, but now it looks the price has gone up $20.00. Also note that SHIPPING IS FREE (pretty damn good shipping from Hong Kong too, I got mine in about 10 business days). This is probably the best opportunity you can go for. I even wrote a review for it. What's even nice is that they'll mark it as gift for like $20, so you can get it right at your postal box. B))

About the Aliens Dropship, I'm just minutes away from ordering one. I think I want to go for the 01 Dropship. The picture posted in HLJ isn't the final product, cause I doubt Aoshima would EVER produce something that ugly and call it finished. It was a rough prototype just for display. I saw pics of the 01 in the dropship thread. ZOMG...nor eally...ZOMG!!!!! B))

Edited by Spatula

OKAYYYYY!!!!

Just placed my order for the STANDARD edition dropship and the APC with the Marines in it.

I think I'm going to die now.

EDIT:

OHHHHHHHH poo! Did I get the right colour APC? I know there's a black one (the one I want), and the green one for 02. I ordered the STANDARD dropship and STANDARD APC. I hope I got the colors right!!! :unsure:

Edited by Spatula

Sideshow toys is doing some pretty incredible Star Wars 1/6 figures.  Thier attention to detail is pretty amazing.

358467[/snapback]

Oh hell yeah! I was just mentioning this in the TOYS section in the thread about the new line of MACROSS 1/6 figures (!!!). The incredible Sideshow Collectibles line of Star Wars figures has changed the way I look at "dolls." These are definitely NOT your average Hasbro 12†toys, as they feature amazing likenesses of the characters/actors, with real clothing and a ridiculous amount of accessories (in fact, these are so well done that I’m thinking of ending my smaller scale action figure collection to focus on these). So far, I'm liking these better than what I've seen of the Medicom figs.

Check out the sculpt on Luke (BEST Mark Hamill likeness ever...every detail is there, even his burned mechanical hand):

NORMAL version

Exclusive SS version w/ Skiff Blaster

Anakin (His hair could be messier, but they did a decent job):

EXCLUSIVE SS version w/ Holographic Sidious:

NORMAL version

EXCLUSIVE SS version w/ Holo Sidious

And Obi-Wan (just released Friday):

NORMAL version

EXCLUSIVE SS version with Grievous' Blaster

And here's a glimpse at the unpainted sculpts:

post-435-1136749684_thumb.jpg

OKAYYYYY!!!!

Just placed my order for the STANDARD edition dropship and the APC with the Marines in it.

I think I'm going to die now.

EDIT:

OHHHHHHHH poo! Did I get the right colour APC?  I know there's a black one (the one I want), and the green one for 02.  I ordered the STANDARD dropship and STANDARD APC.  I hope I got the colors right!!!  :unsure:

358509[/snapback]

The standard one is the best one. It has weathering and a pilot in the window.

Well, I got the Medicom ROTJ Vader not too long ago and I was hooked. Since then I got the Medicom Luke and 2 Medicom Stormtroopers. Not gonna bother with the Ep.III Vader though. I've done a bit of 1/6 research since my addiction began, so now I'm looking for a Marmit Boba Fett to fit on a RAH body (so he's in scale with the Medicom Stormtroopers). Also looking for the 2 Marmit Sandtroopers (white and orange), and a Target exclusive Hasbro Speederbike/Scout Trooper.

Hunting for Kerberos Panzer Cops / Stray Dogs / Jin-Roh figs;

Medicom TV;

Medicom Movie;

Dragon Japan Ver. (w/Light-up Eyes);

Dragon Int'l Ver. (Plain);

Dragon TRU Japan Exclusive Ver. (Battle Damage);

Takara CG;

Takara CG German Gray Ver.

...wish me luck.

Will be getting the Hot Toys AVP Predator figures; Scar Ver. & Celtic Ver. You can only agree on how awesome these look, no matter what you thought of AVP. Might get their 3 Aliens figures too.

this is gonna hurt the wallet. Sorry wallet.

Hunting for Kerberos Panzer Cops / Stray Dogs / Jin-Roh figs;

Medicom TV;

Medicom Movie;

Dragon Japan Ver. (w/Light-up Eyes); 

Dragon Int'l Ver. (Plain);

Dragon TRU Japan Exclusive Ver. (Battle Damage);

Takara CG;

Takara CG German Gray Ver.

...wish me luck.

358529[/snapback]

GOOD LUCK!

I was winning the Dragon Internatl Version until someone sniper bidded me in the last 20 seconds and I couldn't log in fast enough. See my first post.

I'm thinking of getting the Medicom Movie version, I think by RAH, is on Ebay now. The dragon version is supposedly better than the Medicom version, see here:

ALEN YEN'S TOYBOX DX - Kerberos Panzer Corp Stray Dog Review.

The Aliens figures are going to be on the back burner for a bit. After ordering the Aliens dropship, I think I've got my fix for a little while.

is there a 1/6th Predator in existence?

358586[/snapback]

there is one made by medicom a long time ago. Same with aliens.

It's nice to see fellow MW people that also collect 12" figures. I started back when star war 12" figures were hot. I still buy them 12" star war figures till today, but that's only if their cool. From there I started buying medicom 12" figures. All are MISB. Here's what I have so far:

Star wars Hasbro:

Han and luke in stormtrooper gear

Boba-fett

Boba-fett electronic

Darth Vader electronic

3 gen. grievous

clone trooper

2 battle droids

2 darth maul

1 original kenner 13" boba fett in box

Obi Wan kenobi

Sand trooper

Snow trooper

Han solo in carbonite

Scout trooper with Speeder bike

I'm sure there's more, but I haven't seen my 12" star war figures in a while. Their all packed away.

Yellow Submarine:

Minmay in China dress

Minmay in Pink Dress

Medicom:

Metal Gear Snake in red camo (zombie face)

Metal Gear Snake with crock head

Jedi Luke

Stormtrooper (Coming Soon)

Darth Vader (Coming Soon)

Venom

Carnage

Spider-man (Coming Soon)

Black Costume Spider-Man (Coming Soon)

Dragon:

Kerebros Panzer Cop normal version

Kerebros Panzer Cop light up eyes version (just bought this from Manji here on MW! thanx dood!!)

Right now I'm just looking for the Panzer cop Cy girl, both versions, but I really want the black version first. Then the grey can come later. :D:p:lol:

Nice collection list Bobe, but it really needs pictures to go along with it :p i really want to get those panzer cop, i saw some really nice lupin III i would also like to have.

chris

yeah, i'd like to take pix of them too, but they're all scattered every where in my closet and all bagged up. I'll try and take pix of the snake, spidey, venom and carnage, panzer cops.

I want the Kerebros Panzer by both Medicom and Dragon. !!!

Man I already blew a whole wad of $$$ on the Aliens thing and the macross...as well as Kaneda's bike.

It'll be like summer until I get the Panzer, if I can find it for decent price on Ebay or something, that is.

I'm normally a mecha junkie, but I've just had to put in a pre-order for an item I couldn't resist - Takara are releasing a Cool Girl Gatchaman Jun figure.

I'm looking forward to having to explain to my family why I've bought a doll in a pink mini-skirt... :rolleyes:

Edited by F-ZeroOne

You could always tell them that it's for an illegitimate love-child that you had with some girl a few years ago...

Is this Jun based on classic Gatchaman or the new Gatchaman?

is there a 1/6th Predator in existence?

358586[/snapback]

Yes, Hot Toys released 2 Predators from AVP, Scar & Celtic, along with 3 USCMarines (Aliens).

For Stormtrooper Fans :ph34r:

But steep in price though!

358675[/snapback]

I paid $200 + shipping for 2 Stormtroopers on eBay, so there are better prices out there. The Hasbro Stormies REALLY look bad now, the Marmit ones are still pretty good though.