Macross Dvd Cover And Artbox

Pat Payne

The artwork is ok, particularly image of the Regults on the back of the box which I've always had a soft spot for. The title for the disc is a bit strange though. I can't wait for Volume 2: A Brief History Of Time.

346915[/snapback]

Or Vol. 3: The Decline and Fall of the Zentradi Empire.

What's to stop them from using...

Carl Macek was wronged....

Steve Yun is god...

Y'know?

346893[/snapback]

Well considering there's a rumor going around that ADV may buy out HG, I doubt it.

Also remember that Anime Eigo was allowed to release the subbed version as a "license" from HG without interference.

With HG putting all their efforts into Shadow Chronicles and the fact that they are trying to sell it in Japan as a sequel to Mospeada, I suspect they are looking at the Macross dub as a "cash cow" to subsidize their new project.

Thus doing the whole RT is godlike in the disc would effectively kill their sales to Macross fans.

Edited by Zinjo

LOL, how did I know this was going to happen when I mentioned it?  :lol:

Volume 5 - "Oderint dum metuant"

346925[/snapback]

Volume 6: Apocalypse Now -- or in 2010 :D

just that it contains new subs....same voice actors as used in Robotech?

- Jin

346871[/snapback]

Oh, Sweet zombie Jesus no. Most of the dub actors will come from ADV's stable, most likely...except for the actress who plays Minmay. She's apparently a Japanese singer of some note, Mari something or other... can't remember the last name for the life of me... :p

As for "Upon the Shoulders of Giants" all I can think of is that what they mean is the Protoculture civilization that helped build the ASS-1/Macross in the first place are the "giants" (scientific, that is) whose shoulders the Overtechnology is built upon.

346908[/snapback]

Haha Pat!....i was just wondering if they will be using the same voice actors as they did with the old Robotech version. I know that a few members in here arent too happy with the dude that played Rick Hunter, but using Mari as Minmei again is awsome. Does anyone have any info on who is gonna play who in this new dub?`

- Jin

Edited by Jin_Kune_Do

Since Global is supposed to be Italian, I nominate Joe Pantoliano!

:o  :p

347148[/snapback]

Nah...I think it's gotta be either Joe Pesci: "Do you find me amusing?"

or Dustin Hoffman: "I'm commandin' here! I'm commandin' here!"

Does anyone have any info on who is gonna play who in this new dub?`

I think I heard something about Sean Connery providing the voice of Hikaru... :p

347095[/snapback]

Have you heard Connery in that new Bond game? Someone with me perfectly described him as speaking while eating pudding!

Well he is old, maybe the only way he could get up the strength was to take pudding into the booth with him....

347453[/snapback]

Nah, just so long as he could take The Penis Mightier in with him, I think he'd be OK :p:D

I think I heard something about Sean Connery providing the voice of Hikaru... :p

347095[/snapback]

Have you heard Connery in that new Bond game? Someone with me perfectly described him as speaking while eating pudding!

347367[/snapback]

I have been playing that game. I think he sounds great in it, just older than he was when he made From Russia with Love.

Haha Pat!....i was just wondering if they will be using the same voice actors as they did with the old Robotech version. I know that a few members in here arent too happy with the dude that played Rick Hunter, but using Mari as Minmei again is awsome. Does anyone have any info on who is gonna play who in this new dub?`

- Jin

347083[/snapback]

Nah, luckily all the RT voice actors are working on the new RT show, so I doubt they'd be available to do Macross....

Shucky darn what a shame... :rolleyes:

Edited by Zinjo

347095[/snapback]

347367[/snapback]

I have been playing that game. I think he sounds great in it, just older than he was when he made From Russia with Love.

347532[/snapback]

I need to bring it back to Block Buster soon. Fun game but too easy glad I didn't buy it.

Does anyone know who drew that picture?

EDIT - I'm also wondering where they got the title?  "Upon the Shoulders of Giants" ???

346873[/snapback]

that pic is straight out of Studio Nue line art with Hikaru pasted and colored. I'm thinking it's still a pure Studio Nue art.

347095[/snapback]

347367[/snapback]

347532[/snapback]

I need to bring it back to Block Buster soon. Fun game but too easy glad I didn't buy it.

347572[/snapback]

I suck at it. I am only half way and I have had it for a few weeks. Did you unlock all the hiden levels?

Looking at ADV's Macross logo more, I can't help but think they may be prepping for a Zero release. If it does well, I don't doubt they'll go all out trying to woo Big West into giving up the rights.

348261[/snapback]

If they can do it, more power to them. But I don;t know that it's fesable seeingg as how BW and HG have been oil and water for so long.

Edited by Pat Payne

Does anyone know who drew that picture?

EDIT - I'm also wondering where they got the title?  "Upon the Shoulders of Giants" ???

346873[/snapback]

that pic is straight out of Studio Nue line art with Hikaru pasted and colored. I'm thinking it's still a pure Studio Nue art.

347683[/snapback]

Yup, the cockpit originally appeared in B&W in several Macross artbooks (I believe it was actually drawn by Kawamori). The background, colors, and Rick illustration were all added in by Harmony Gold (or Streamline) for the double-disc Robotech Perfect Collection back in 1995.

347095[/snapback]

347367[/snapback]

347532[/snapback]

347572[/snapback]

I suck at it. I am only half way and I have had it for a few weeks. Did you unlock all the hiden levels?

347687[/snapback]

I had the game for 9 days and unlocked all but the last level. I know this isn't Macross btw but I just have to bring to everyone's attention that Agent One isn't perfect and sucks compared to James Bond and myself, who had no problems with the game.

Tip: You need to walk slowly with Bond so you get the drop on enemies and really aim your shots. My favorite tactic is shooting the grenades on the sides of guy's belts.

347095[/snapback]

347367[/snapback]

347532[/snapback]

347572[/snapback]

347687[/snapback]

I had the game for 9 days and unlocked all but the last level. I know this isn't Macross btw but I just have to bring to everyone's attention that Agent One isn't perfect and sucks compared to James Bond and myself, who had no problems with the game.

Tip: You need to walk slowly with Bond so you get the drop on enemies and really aim your shots. My favorite tactic is shooting the grenades on the sides of guy's belts.

348624[/snapback]

I will try that. I am about half way through, I just don't really have the time to put into it.