Vf-1d 1/48 Custom

DatterBoy

All you need is Hikaru in his civies flight suit and Minmay.

346612[/snapback]

Yup, now, let's all say it together....

!!! EXO !!!! ???

346613[/snapback]

I've built the whole cockpit so that I can make sure the size of the minmay will be correct. I'm just waiting for the rear console so that it'll fit most accurately. :D

Excuses are suspect.

All you need is Hikaru in his civies flight suit and Minmay.

346612[/snapback]

Yup, now, let's all say it together....

!!! EXO !!!! ???

346613[/snapback]

I've built the whole cockpit so that I can make sure the size of the minmay will be correct. I'm just waiting for the rear console so that it'll fit most accurately. :D

346654[/snapback]

beautiful!

347197[/snapback]

:blink::blink::blink:

FANTASTIC!!! In your minds you can imagine what captain america's conversion kit could look, but there is nothing like actually seeing the finished product! ;)

Amazing job DatterBoy. And you say this is your first 1/48 custom? Wow! A true testament of a culmination of your skills and captain america's conversion kit building skills. All of a sudden I find myself looking for some extra money to find to get another 1/48 and to buy a kit from captain america myself.

That is a perfect show piece. I think cap will be selling even more kits now B))

DatterBoy, looking forward to those fighter pics!

:o incredible work, the figure looks perfect why could not yamato release something like this. i really hope we see a full Elintseeker conversion some day :)

FIGHTER pics added up top below the gerwalk pics. Wanted to keep em together... ;)

Everyone should seriously do their kits up. It looks sooo good on the shelf.

fighter.jpg

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!

Edited by DatterBoy

If they made one with a longer cockpit, wouldn't that make th eother modes look funny? My understanding is that the Hasegawa models are made to look good only in fighter mode where as the YAMATO's strive for a toy that looks good in all modes, and let's face it, even with this conversion kit, this thing looks incredible for all modes.

Thanks everyone for the comments! And thanks again to John, for the great kit.

:Dat

• 2 weeks later...

OK, last update. Got my 1J arms that have the panel lines for the black bands (Thanks Die, Alien Scum!). Really think the 1D needs this to add a little bit of detail. Balances the color scheme out a little from the black bands on the legs.

1D_arms.jpg

Holding up wonderfully. There does not seem to be any issues, especilly if you give it the 7 days you're suppoed to for Fusion. A few parts di scratch off, like on the backpack where the leg pegs hook into it but this was because i put a single coat on that part and attempted transformation 2 days into drying.

In some places, I shaved down the bot to avoid friction all together. That helped a lot. Initially, after the first paint job, I put the thing together and noticed that it was soo tight in some places, shaving down was the only option otherwise I'd incur a lot of wear. Overall though, this is some mighty powerful stuff.

Highly Recommend the Fusion for customs, but the palette is very limited.

OK, last update.  Got my 1J arms that have the panel lines for the black bands (Thanks Die, Alien Scum!).  Really think the 1D needs this to add a little bit of detail.  Balances the color scheme out a little from the black bands on the legs.

1D_arms.jpg

349416[/snapback]

Looks great!