Sandman has small hands!

bsu legato

http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/

tchurch.jpg

Totally unacceptable!!!! Not only does he have dwarfish Vader hands, look at how skinny his arms are! Way to go, Sam. And while we're at it, his shirt is completely the wrong shade of green. Don't these people ever even open a comic before they make a movie? Also, the shot would have been so much more effective if it had been taken from behind him, with Sandman looking back over his shoulder. And the street light should be RED, not AMBER. It would be like "Danger, bad guy crossing street!" And I woulda had a red and a blue car on the street somewhere, representing Spider Man. In fact, I thought Mysterio would have been much better in this movie. So get Sandman out of the picture altogether, dammit. Sigh....if only Sam had listened to me, instead of doing his own thing. Yet another wasted opportunity for greatness, wahsed down the drain. Enjoy your mediocre film, $am Raimi. You've raped somebody's childhood, adolescence, adulthood, and retirement years, all in one single press still.*

*The preceeding message was for fanboys who cannot be pleased with anything and really need to get over themselves and their silly fanfiction. No animals were harmed in the typing of this post.

:lol::lol::lol: actually i think it is a good likeness, i am looking forward to seeing what they can do with the visual effects, this could make or break the character. i liked the first 2 films and i am looking forward to this one Edited by zeo-mare

That aardvark was already squashed when I began my post, and you know it. :p Well, it might have been dead and then I squashed it. Same difference. Ok, dead, mostly dead...why split hairs? But I hope that you're not suggesting I purposly went out, trapped a live aardvark, tranquilized it and then ran if over repeatedly with a 1972 Ford F150, because mister that would be totally...totally close to what may or may not have happened.

Oh btw, I think the picture rocks.

Next thing you know, Raimi will saturate his film with busy CGI backgrounds punctuated by wooden dialogue, inconsistent writing, retarded plot points, flying droids and juvenile slapstick fart jokes divorced entirely from the theme of his previous work.

As a consolation, maybe the Sandman can yell "Nooooooooooooooooooooo" at some point. ;)

Next thing you know, Raimi will saturate his film with busy CGI backgrounds punctuated by wooden dialogue, inconsistent writing, retarded plot points, flying droids and juvenile slapstick fart jokes divorced entirely from the theme of his previous work.

As a consolation, maybe the Sandman can yell "Nooooooooooooooooooooo" at some point.  ;)

343597[/snapback]

And then get his hand/arm/head lopped off. :ph34r:

As a consolation, maybe the Sandman can yell "Nooooooooooooooooooooo" at some point.   ;)

343597[/snapback]

And then get his hand/arm/head lopped off. :ph34r:

343607[/snapback]

Don't forget the legs...

Raimi or his casting director is really good... the bad guys have been pretty well casted. The only thing I didn't like considering the bad guys is the Green Goblin suit. But the awesome Spider-Man suit more than makes up for it. I still wish they coulda killed off Dunst as Gwen Stacy though and replaced her with an even hotter Mary-Jane.

Sandman, Green Goblin...and maybe...just maybe Lizard....Do I see the formation of a Sinister Six here? If so Blackcat would rock to come in and lend a hand to Spidey...

Oh yeah bsu, I have notified the authorities about the aardvark. Next time you wish to make fun of fanbois the appropriate animal representative is the chupa cabra.

Edited by Zor Primus

I am expecting with out a doubt that Harry Osbourne will pick up the Green Goblin Costume and we will see him again, heck they show it at the end of the second movie. but i am hoping they revamp it and have him follow his own path as the HobGoblin instead, we have already seen the Green Goblin once so i hope he gets a new costume this time around instead of reusing the same suit twice, if i recall he became the Green Goblin 2 in the comic and then became the Hobgoblin (please do not quote me on that). hopefully they will do that in the movie, maybe have him battle Spidey once early on as the Green Goblin and have him get utterly defeated, through out the movie he comes to grips that he is not his father and can never truly follow in his footsteps and decides to reform the suit to better serve him and his own path for vengence against Spiderman, which will lead to the films climax.

chris

I still wish they coulda killed off Dunst as Gwen Stacy though and replaced her with an even hotter Mary-Jane.

343669[/snapback]

Starring...Kristen Kreuk as Mary Jane Parker! :o

343671[/snapback]

Jessica Biel would have been a better choice for MJ.

The guy in that Picture looks nothing like Morpheus, the King of Dreams or his son Daniel, who took his place. I hope the casting for Death, Despair, Delirium, Destruction, Desire and Destiny is WAY better than this. :p

Sandman, Green Goblin...and maybe...just maybe Lizard....Do I see the formation of a Sinister Six here? If so Blackcat would rock to come in and lend a hand to Spidey...

343673[/snapback]

you might see the Lizard eventully, I am not sure how far they intend to take the series though. but if i recall Dr Kurt Conners (who eventully becomes the Lizard) is one of Spideys teachers in the film so you never know. I like the idea of the Sinister Six all making there appearence. i just do not want to see Vulture who i think is rather pathetic. I would love Venom however.

Chris

That's not The Sandman...

That's Freddie Krueger Begins!

343591[/snapback]

Yeah, but it's not a prequel, they're using it to restart the franchise. They want to take Freddie back to his roots. I also heard they'll be taking the nipples off the Freddie suit.

Edited by Greyryder

Hey, Thomas Hayden Church was great as Billy Clanton in Tombstone... Sandman could make a fun villian, though I expect him to be an early distraction. (I assume Venom will be the main badguy)

Speaking of the Vulture, someone mentioned, Kutwood Smith/Red Forman would be the perfect man for the role, I agree. Not that Vulture is a terribly frightening villain... :D

Who the F is Sandman?   (comic challenged here)

343663[/snapback]

Very quick version: Sandman is a guy than can turn into sand, or more specifically anything you can make with sand so in practice he's basically an evil Mr Fanastic in ability. Classic Spidey villain, basically got his powers when he absorbed the form of the sand under his feet during a nuclear bomb test.

Edited by Cyclone

Kurtwood Smith as the Vulture is just crazy enough to work.

343778[/snapback]

And then we can get Aston Kutcher for Carnage, Laura Prepton as Dunst's replacement when she quits, and Wilmer Valderrama as... well, FES of course, or maybe Mysterio if we put a fish bowl on his head.... and we'd pretty much have almost the whole gang.

The guy in that Picture looks nothing like Morpheus, the King of Dreams or his son Daniel, who took his place. I hope the casting for Death, Despair, Delirium, Destruction, Desire and Destiny is WAY better than this.  :p

343681[/snapback]

:lol:

This is one of those times I'm glad that Gaiman has a certain amount of creative control over most of the Sandman Franchise.

Getting back to the topic at hand (kind of), what's the deal with small hands anyways? I know it's an episode 3 reference, but that's about it.

ben kingsley might if the script was good enough hell he was in species for gods sake

343789[/snapback]

Now that guy is a great actor... Anybody ever see him in Sexy Beast? He makes Satan seem like a pusy in that movie.

I still wish they coulda killed off Dunst as Gwen Stacy though and replaced her with an even hotter Mary-Jane.

343669[/snapback]

Starring...Kristen Kreuk as Mary Jane Parker! :o

343671[/snapback]

Jessica Biel would have been a better choice for MJ.

The guy in that Picture looks nothing like Morpheus, the King of Dreams or his son Daniel, who took his place. I hope the casting for Death, Despair, Delirium, Destruction, Desire and Destiny is WAY better than this. :p

343681[/snapback]

What the heck are you talking about? Sandman is a guy in a trenchcoat waering a gas mask. :D