Afterburner returns

beat me to it, I would love to see a really good sequel to space harrier, it is still one of my favorite arcade games. the new game was called Planet Harriers but i never saw it in any arcades.

Edited by zeo-mare

beat me to it, I would love to see a really good sequel to space harrier, it is still one of my favorite arcade games. the new game was called Planet Harriers but i never saw it in any arcades.

343327[/snapback]

About a week ago, I finally got a nice flightstick for my PC. I celebrated by breaking out MAME, firing up Space Harrier, giving myself about a zillion credits, and finally playing the damn thing through to completion. Easily one of the high points of my gaming life to date...

If Sega is gonna go retro and remake games I cast my vote on Space Harrier. That game pwned, there were none better at the time.

343319[/snapback]

Is it me, or does that robot/mech on the title screen look like a blatant copy of an MS-09 Dom from Gundam? :blink:

:D i never noticed that before, you are right with the exception of the 3 eyes the rest of it looks almost identical.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

If Sega is gonna go retro and remake games I cast my vote on Space Harrier. That game pwned, there were none better at the time.

343319[/snapback]

They already did it.

343327[/snapback]

I saw Planet Harriers. Dual cockpit cab.

Never played it, though. Arcade it was in had grotesque pricing rules.

It looked a LOT nicer in person.

Those aren't very good photos, IMO.

*looks up game details*

A Hikaru title. Mmmmm...

What? I'm a sucker for hardware.

Anwyays... runs on the same board as Star Wars Racer, so if you ever saw that one in arcades, you've got an idea of the level Planet Harriers was at.

Afterburner was hands down my favorite arcade game when I was growing up. I liked it so much I bought an Afterburner II upright. I had a sitdown but I was never able to find the parts I needed to get it working correctly so I sold it. Still amuses me with the cheesy 80's techno, and the topgun screenshots.

Rob :ph34r:

Given how amazing OutRun 2 was, I have high hopes for Afterburner Climax. Sega still has a lot of talent lef tin it, so hopefully it'll deliver.

343421[/snapback]