MGS 4 : Guns of the Patriots

wolfx

I'll be paying for it as soon as I can get into the damned shop.

And no, you don't have to buy a new character to change clothes, that will be handled through the rewards shop.

Basically, as you play through rounds, you earn points, and those points can be applied to different clothing items at the rewards shop. Assumedly, you should be able to change in and out of items at your leisure once you've purchased them, but I'm not 100% sure on that, since I can't log into the shop to purchase the update....

In general, I like the new upgrades though, its much easier to see your connection status for one, but the knife has been severely gimped. The ability now exists to set up clan games, and assumedly clan vs games, so once we all get together, we'll be able to do that.

And woohoo! I'm finally up to level 4!

Edited by Keith

I'm just glad I went for knife mastery before they broke it. Considering you had to be smart enough to sneak into stun range before being caught, I don't see any reason to break the auto-lock feature for ground kills. Maybe if we write them enough they'll fix it in the next update....and hopefully voice chat too.

Finally got into the shop last night, and tryed out the new maps this morning. So far my favorite is the coppertown-whatever it is. Kinda like midtown maelstrom, but with a more western ghost town feel. Also a lot more hiding spots. The sewer one is interesting, complete with a couple swimming parts, and virtuous vista seems to be another level right out of the game, and has some nice wide open parts, with lots of tall grass.

that sounds kind of cool.

I used to play a lot of Ghost Recon on Live and the beautiful outdoorsy levels were the best part of playing that game.

it was great playing in the canyon or the ghost town and creeping through the grass sniping people.

Damn I missed the small window of opportunity to buy the expansion, maybe everything will be back up by tomorrow :lol: . I'm also glad I have Knife Mastery now, seems that whenever you do good in someone elses knife server you are accused of lagging (even if you have 2 green bars) and kicked..... I love MGO but some of the people who play it are just annoying :lol: . I'm also alittle confused as to why auto lock doesnt work on someone on the ground, there were more important issues with the knife that needed to be fixed.

Edited by dizman

Ha sadly no, been a week and they havn't fixed it yet. I've been playing survival with a few friends, pretty fun stuff. The most games my team won in a row were 2, after that we would always come across either a 6 man squad all with mics or a team made of 3 foxhounds and 3 foxes.

Edited by dizman

Got your invite but that lobby was filled. I played in someone else's survival team. It sounded like they might fixed the mic issue. I have few regrets

for returning mine. The leader of my team was an ass. Had a southern accent. Surprized and was calling the whole team stupid. Funny he ended up being on the bottom or scoring. Finally I just typed, "Will you please shut up you hick. Much Love." Started asking me to suck it and started to describe it too.

Ha sounds like you had fun. I also had a guy like that in my team, nothing was ever his fault but either the lagging noobs on the other team or the newer guy on my team were the problem. Hopefully next week we can get a team together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took the clan down, and restarted it in all caps (don't know why I didn't put the name in all caps to begin with, but it's done now).

Anyone who wants to rejoin just submit an add & put MW in the text.

• 1 month later...

Finally got MGS4. They need to be smacked for putting the aim and attack buttons up in L1 and R1. I understand why they did it, but it causes me headaches when I actually want to attack something (or defend myself). And I'll have to figure out this MGS Online thing, I did download the update for it.

Edited by Duke Togo

They need to be smacked for putting the aim and attack buttons up in L1 and R1

it's the switch left/right over the shoulder button that gets to me. :lol: usually gets me killed in MGO when i'm aiming.

half a second earlier i woulda been shooting at somebody, then CLICK! switch to left/right side shoulder & i stop shooting.

he lives, & i get BOOM! HEADSHOT!

it's my manly meat thumbs... too heavy on the (analog)stick :lol:

i wish i had less muscular thumbs...

post-278-1223702935.jpg

The controls become second nature with a little effort, thing I had problem with was learing to use triangle for all its various purposes, couldn't get used to leaning against/away from walls with it.

If anyone's up, think I'm going to play MGO for a little bit.

"Keith Zet"

Edited by Keith

Well, I warmed up for MGS4 this summer by playing through MGS3 something like 6 or 7 times. My brain wants to keep using the old buttons.

haha, I had the same problem when I started MGS4, I had just played through MGS2 and MGS3.

Now, I started over MGS4 for the 4th time, I keep getting COD4 controls and it mixed up.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else purchased the new MEME expansion for MGO? The new maps are overall much better than the last batch, iwth the new snow one being the best out of the bunch. The newer interfaces with the 1.2 update are also pretty nice.

• 3 months later...
Has anyone else purchased the new MEME expansion for MGO? The new maps are overall much better than the last batch, iwth the new snow one being the best out of the bunch. The newer interfaces with the 1.2 update are also pretty nice.

Just got the MGS PS3 pack and started to get into MGO. MGO really is the thinking mans COD4. Looking forward to figuring out all the menus and controls properly. COD4 is still great for that instant gratification tho.

Edited by MilSpex

Should hopefully (finally) be back online sometime this week. As for the controls, once you get used to them, and or play through the campaign, you'll understand & appreciate the change. The hard part is getting used to the multi-purpose triangle button.

• 2 weeks later...

Scene Pack Playing it right now

New Levels seem bigger.

Vamp and Raiden are pretty deadly with Blades against other players.

Vamp dies only to rise again at the same spot. Other players can exploit this by killing Vamp and stand back waiting for him to rise again. Works if there are two waiting for him to rise. As he might be able to kill one waiting for him.

What really sucks

You don't get the Box Hat or Bonus Reward points are preorder at this time. You get them like a month from now.

The Reward Shop doesn't have all the extra gear that was show in the video. That's all coming at a later date.

Scene is okay. Would have been great if everything was ready today instead of later.

• 3 weeks later...