1/48 VF-1S

kaiotheforsaken

Good news about the straight skulls (on yours anyways). I got my Takatoys 1/48 and FP sticker set sitting on my desk waiting!

Anybody else get their 4th Issue Focker that can give a report?  I waiting for mine from Kevin (early Oct)  <_<

332523[/snapback]

Well mine turned up yesterday.

Wow Im impressed I thought the 1/55`s were big. It`s my first 1/48 scale.

I have given it a really good look over and there are a few parts where they could have cut it from the sprews better and the seam lines on the gun are bugging me, but any problems with Jolly Rodgers are not evedent on mine.

The fast pack box had some minor damage to it dispite the sturdy packaging it was sent in, but not to worry as its packed in the cupboard now and the Vf`s on display.

It dosent quite stand straight in Gerwalk mode, Ive not tried it in battroid mode as it wont fit on the display shelf as it will be too tall.

I may well fix the gun and do a minor change to another seam line which is not right, but I think I will fit some water transfers to it rather than use Yamoto`s stickers.

Over all though I think its ok. Im just glad that it got here in one peice.

332572[/snapback]

got my roy yesterday, and i'm happy to report perfection, no crooked skulls or plastic imperfections or anything else that may have been in other 1/48 releases. being my first 1/48 that first transformation was a bit nerve wracking but the process is fairly simple. now all i have to do is go out and buy some micron pens to get the pannel lines done.

got my roy yesterday, and i'm happy to report perfection, no crooked skulls or plastic imperfections or anything else that may have been in other 1/48 releases. being my first 1/48 that first transformation was a bit nerve wracking but the process is fairly simple. now all i have to do is go out and buy some micron pens to get the pannel lines done.

332585[/snapback]

Forget Micron pens...too dark for a white aircraft. I'd recommend you get a fine tip Gundam grey marker or the felt tipped one, also available in grey. The felt one is better for doing the panel lining since it gets into the crevices easier than the mechanical type pen, but both will work, and the more subtle grey tone is much more appealing than a harsh black line...you could use black on areas that represent open vents and slots. The trick is to run the pen along the panel line and get maximum coverage...don't worry if you go over the edges (this will definitely happen with the felt tip), let dry a bit then use the tip of your finger, or an eraser to rub out the excess and you'll have a great result with very little effort.

Or you could go the pro rout and use a wash, but that is more work and requires some talent and care.

Edited by mechaninac

The thing with the crooked skull, it's not very obvious like the 1st Issue. You will probably really notice it only when you compare it to a straight one. Just like the third issue some ppl said theirs were straight and some said not. But I could be wrong and some are actually straight. If I got time I will try to take pics of all four issues over the weekend to show the difference. But the fourth issue paint job sure seems better than the third.

Jeez, the 4th issue looks almost bad as the 1st! Pretty disappointing, I'll have to wait to see when I get mine <_<

Here is a picture to compare all four issues of the Roy Skull on the tailfin. You will notice 1st Issue is the worse, followed by 4th and then 3rd.

332984[/snapback]

Hey guys is there a way to figure out what issue we got by looking on the box or?

I have mine on the way, i presume it's a 3rd issue...

333026[/snapback]

If you got it very recently, chances are it's the 4th Issue, but there is also a slight chance it could be the 3rd Issue.

I guess if Yamato made any reissues for Max or Hikaru, chances are we may also get crooked skulls for them since they can't even fixed it correctly for the 4th Issue Roy.

That's right. I doubt that you would get a second issue for around 135 USD, and there is more chance of getting a fourth one than a fourth one at the moment. The third got eaten up relatively fast due to the long drought of VF-1S Valks around.

Abit OT....but has the FPs been reissued? Toy-wave has some in stock for non-scalper prices.

Hven't seen any locally here . :(

EDIT: Ooh its out. Saw it locally. Time to get it. ;)

Edited by wolfx

Well thats cool as mine is better than the forth but almost as straight as the second.

When you see them all together like that it becomes very apparent.

Thanks for taking the time to producce the pictures.

Anyone who has a straight tailfin skull for the 4th Issue Roy, could you please post some pics. I am curious to see how straight it is.

Edit:

Look at the pics again and the four is definitely worse compared to the third for mine. I wonder whether Yamato have just one machine doing the Tampo printing for the tail fin or they have two, which could be why some got it straight some don't.

Edited by Valk-1S

I have two 3rd reissue and the skulls from the tailfins you pictured are slightly crooked.

The strange thing is that the tailfins from the other side are straight :huh:

I think that all the left skulls are straight and the right ones are crooked, If anyone can check theirs...

For mine all the right ones are crooked except for the 2nd Issue. The left I never really check but I remembered seeing some of them and I am pretty sure they are straight. I think I better check later, I remember a QC where someone's Max was missing a Skull printing.

Hey guys!

Just got my first Roy in the mail today, and the right tail fin 'cross' is straight but unfortunately the left is not haha. Oh well. :) I shall post pics! ;)

So erm, so i guess it's a bit of a 2nd release and a 3rd an 4th. :D

ahh btw the console was straight! :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I can see the market value of the 2nd issue skyrocketting now :rolleyes:

I imagine it would be easy enough to black out the skulls and apply some F-14 Jolly Rogers decals, with a matt clear coat over the outside of the fins only. If the crooked skull manifests on mine and bugs me enough, I may do that.

The arrival date of the 4th Roy at Valk-Exch is now mid-October... grrrr.

Hey guys!

Just got my first Roy in the mail today, and the right tail fin 'cross' is straight but unfortunately the left is not haha. Oh well. :) I shall post pics! ;)

So erm, so i guess it's a bit of a 2nd release and a 3rd an 4th.  :D

ahh btw the console was straight!  :p

334068[/snapback]

BBTS recieved shipments of VF-1S, Strike Armor, and part of its CF shipment today... :D

334692[/snapback]

Wahoo! The armor I requisitioned will be on its way. I wonder how many valks and armor a store like BBTS orders from Yamato?

Does the 4th edition Roy come with a plastic or rubber pilot? So far the 1st and 3rd editions had plastic pilots, whereas the 2nd edition had rubber pilots.

Weird that Yamato went the extra mile with the 2nd edition and not the others. I wonder how it's production differed from later versions.

Does the 4th edition Roy come with a plastic or rubber pilot?  So far the 1st and 3rd editions had plastic pilots, whereas the 2nd edition had rubber pilots. 

Weird that Yamato went the extra mile with the 2nd edition and not the others.  I wonder how it's production differed from later versions.

335278[/snapback]

All are plastic. Even the 2nd ed is plastic. Only DYRL pilot that is rubber is the Hikaru 1S.

How can I distinguish which is the 4th edition before I open its box?

try lick the box...

if it's sweet then its the 2nd edition :ph34r::p

well...it really doesnt matter at all whether you get the 2nd or the 4th edition...for me, theyre all good as long as its Yamato. Aint I right?

unless its a tooooynami !#@$#$ crappy toynami bastids! :angry:

aaajin

Edited by aaajin

Does the 4th edition Roy come with a plastic or rubber pilot?  So far the 1st and 3rd editions had plastic pilots, whereas the 2nd edition had rubber pilots. 

Weird that Yamato went the extra mile with the 2nd edition and not the others.  I wonder how it's production differed from later versions.

335278[/snapback]

All are plastic. Even the 2nd ed is plastic. Only DYRL pilot that is rubber is the Hikaru 1S.

335282[/snapback]

I was under the assumption that the 2nd edition Roy had a rubber pilot, thanks for the correction.