New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

Hopefully they will attempt the two seater in future though. (will be interesting to see two rotating seats)

I call two seater VF-1s first!

Does anyone think the 0S is going to be in really REALLY high demand or can broke guys like me wait a few months and actually hope to get one?

Yamato's big move now seems to be the super short production run followed by the reissue later. It makes some sense economically... you never really have to worry about drowning your market. If your first run falters then at least you only have a few hundred items not selling instead of several thousands. So, Yamato ships out enough to satisfy preorders and a few more and then watches the market to decide when to make more preorders available. The cycle continues and the demand stays high and store owners don't get stuck with back stock. The only people it really screws are those people waiting for the big price drop because no one gets stuck with excess inventory... not for very long at least.

Is there any line art showing the landing gear? We don't get to see it much in the OVA.

Removing the animated sig/avatar is my first "high-level" use of mod power. It's rather intoxicating. And corrupting...

PS--thanks for the pics though. :)

Edited by David Hingtgen

Is there any line art showing the landing gear?  We don't get to see it much in the OVA.

Removing the animated sig/avatar is my first "high-level" use of mod power.  It's rather intoxicating.  And corrupting...

PS--thanks for the pics though.  :)

390214[/snapback]

Your very welcome!!! and my apologies again :rolleyes:

LOL, you're almost there man... you can't have a pic in your sig at all.

- although that is a funny-a$$ pic.

390222[/snapback]

No? Oh well. I'll save the mods the trouble and take it off myself... :blink:

It's funny.. how I havent change those avatars and sigs for almost 2 years. :lol: it's only now that I got "caught".

Edited by holytoledo69

Sorry if these pics were posted before. Only a few more weeks!! I cant wait!!

390209[/snapback]

Thanks for the pics, they look sweet! ;)

No I don't think i have seen those before either.

Wow only a little over a week to go till release date.

I want to see a pic with this VF-0S Roy side by side with a 1/48 VF-1S Roy to compare.

No display pics have shown the magnet peices attached to the legs, a little worry.....cross finger triple times!!!!! :huh:

Graham, any insight??

390209[/snapback]

I want to see a pic with this VF-0S Roy side by side with a 1/48 VF-1S Roy to compare.

390237[/snapback]

(This is from macrossworld.com)

Its not Roy's, but it is a 1/48 VF-1J (or "A"?) next to a VF-O for size comparison

display-7.jpg

Edited by holytoledo69

No display pics have shown the magnet peices attached to the legs, a little worry.....cross finger triple times!!!!!  :huh:

Graham, any insight??

390241[/snapback]

Yes, the leg FAST packs have magnets in them. Of course, there are matching magnets inside the lower legs.

Graham

390209[/snapback]

390237[/snapback]

(This is from macrossworld.com)

Its not Roy's, but it is a 1/48 VF-1J (or "A"?) next to a VF-O for size comparison

390244[/snapback]

Wow :o that looks awesome!

That won't be a problem for stubborn head like me. Never a craze fan of the Battroid mode.

Fighter mode looks too hot to get transformed...umm...maybe I'll let it Gerwalk ocasionally...without the arm... :unsure:

It's got skinny arms though, eh?

i love gerwalk mode.. somehow i think thats why macross is so unique coz of that mode...... hmmmmm

All mecha with reverse legs look cool. I've noticed that it is a popular design with western mech fans. That is whenever you see a mech game on pc or whatever usually it contain a tank like mech with reverse legs and no arms. Whereas in lots of anime it is always the humanoid mecha that is preffered. Why is that? Wouln't it be cool for once to have a gundam whose legs were reverse leg and is the main hero's choice?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

maybe they were influenced by macross or robotech earlier on in their childhood? kyatsu B))

i love gerwalk mode.. somehow i think thats why macross is so unique coz of that mode...... hmmmmm

All mecha with reverse legs look cool. I've noticed that it is a popular design with western mech fans. That is whenever you see a mech game on pc or whatever usually it contain a tank like mech with reverse legs and no arms. Whereas in lots of anime it is always the humanoid mecha that is preffered. Why is that? Wouln't it be cool for once to have a gundam whose legs were reverse leg and is the main hero's choice?

390419[/snapback]

Well they had a gundam that transforms into a dog in gundam seed destiny. It sort of reminded me of zoids a bit. What I would like to see is more mecha with non humanoid styles. (ie fourlegged stuff or maybe something like the octos which reminds me of te forest walker in land mode)

It can't be that guntank, pod with reverse legs and four legged dogs are obsolete can it?

Even at 55 pages, I don't think this thread beats the one dedicated to the very first '48 from a few years ago...

For those of you who don't realise it, 1/1 LowViz Lurker

is joking about a Low Vis VF-0S in his post above. That is simply an old magazine pic of the unpainted resin sculpt.

I point that out so we can avoid 20 pages of people either a) asking when it's coming out and if it will be limited and b) commenting that the colour scheme sucks.

Graham

Uh?

Low vis Zero?

When is it coming out?

Is it limited?

This color scheme sucks!

There's no way that's an old magazine!

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, IIRC that magazine pic was posted very early in this thread. I'm glad we are now closer to the release date. Now lets hope we get a 1/48 1D or a 1/60 0D!

Hooooo NO! I cant beleive Yamato will make a low Vis like that!!! It looks "unpainted" It is like the unpainted resin sculp we saw a few months Ago!

Damn Yamato... I guess I will have to buy 10 or 20 just to sell them later at 3x the price tag.

:p:p

I wonder if the stickers will be better with this release... <_<

390310[/snapback]

Forget it. Yamato will give us the SAME crappy ol stickers.

I wonder is the Crappy stickers factory have something to do with any Yamato Ceo preferred karaoke gal...

even the sticker I produce for PADLOCKS are better than the ones yamatos...

im more of a player then a collecter, though i must admit now that im older im a little more "generous" with action figures, but still, i wonder how durable the zero is interms of "playability" i hope the jonts dont wear out from normal use

at any case anything is better then the gundam wing toys, i swear if the plastic was a few degrees lower quality wise it would match the properties of rubber!

Edited by evirus

From Samurai-Monkey forums (Rob):

Well boys and girls. The VF-0S is supposed to be released today. I am waiting eagerly for the delivery guy to bring me my cases of Macross Goodness. Yamato didn't announce any delays so for once they may actually be on time!

Keep your fingers crossed!

Rob

We await the WORD!

;):D