Gold Book Club Members

BoBe-Patt

I have the book, but no filmstrip.  :(

328717[/snapback]

Dammit I keep forgetting to scan my filmstrip.

328819[/snapback]

What are you waiting for? :angry:

328976[/snapback]

He's currently debating the merits of something more important in his life... love or money. :rolleyes:

329285[/snapback]

That has been decided. And I will be moving.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, this is an old pic i just found of my filmstrip, i will take a better one later, but it's like the holy grail

and i every now an then take it out (my gold book) and sigh and take in it's perfectiveness. :p :P :p

I am quite happy with my find, Hikky is afterall the main attraction of all of Macross DYRL & SDF. ;)

IPB Image

Solscud007 that is a fantastic Filmstrip you have there mate. :D

All of the filmstrips that have been posted here are fricken great! ^_^

Well, this is an old pic i just found of my filmstrip, i will take a better one later, but it's like the holy grail

and i every now an then take it out (my gold book) and sigh and take in it's perfectiveness. :p :P :p

I am quite happy with my find, Hikky is afterall the main attraction of all of Macross DYRL & SDF. ;)

Solscud007 that is a fantastic Filmstrip you have there mate. :D

All of the filmstrips that have been posted here are fricken great! ^_^

actually that isnt a real filmstrip. it is one I made in photoshop. I believe it is very likely I can make decent replicas of the goldbook filmstrip. that was a test. now I need to see how well it turns out in physical form.

hahaha well you got me there :p of course now that i look at it closely it

doesn't appear to be the same strip format :p But nice job!

If you can do up a really cool 'physical' strip of Kakazaki getting blown to

bits i'd buy one off ya. :lol:

I tell ya evey time i look at that i just say to myself "Self! The VF-1 is so

damn beautiful even when it is falling apart it STILL looks damn sexy!"

Better watch your ebay handle when you got a complete Gold book for sale huh. lol

Got my DYRL Gold Book off eBay in early 2001. Has the paper sleave that the film clip was suppose to be in, but the clip is long gone. Ditto with the VF-1S poster. :(

Oh dude you got robbed, "literally"! :angry:

I got mine from Japan, complete with band, strip and poster... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dude you got robbed, "literally"! :angry:

I got mine from Japan, complete with band, strip and poster... :D

.. Well, it all depends on how much he got his GOLD BOOK for. :p;)

Edited by Bub

Really though, that's a horrible feeling seeing the filmstrip package and no film.

nasty! But yeah, if he got his book without poster from 80 USD downwards i'd be mighty happy.

If he got it for like... 150 - 200 + i'd be crying like justin timberlake.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Really though, that's a horrible feeling seeing the filmstrip package and no film.

nasty! But yeah, if he got his book without poster from 80 USD downwards i'd be mighty happy.

If he got it for like... 150 - 200 + i'd be crying like justin timberlake.

150-200 Ouch!!

Anyway, let me just share: I got my Gold Book (with just the poster) bundled with other macross books like the Movie Booklet, the DYRL? Comics Vol 1. and 2, TIA DYRL? PLUS the Macross Complete OST for $160 I think. :D

150-200 Ouch!!

Anyway, let me just share: I got my Gold Book (with just the poster) bundled with other macross books like the Movie Booklet, the DYRL? Comics Vol 1. and 2, TIA DYRL? PLUS the Macross Complete OST for $160 I think. :D

Brilliant pick up!!!! :o:D That's good value. :)

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Will there ever be another printing of this? In all my years of Macross fandom I've never owned one. :(

Probably a zero chance. If they don't do it for the 30th Anniversary the odds become less. Printing a book isn't as easy as putting out a DVD/BD. I'm surprised they added Perfect Memory, albeit in a smaller form, to the SDF BD set. But since they released DYRL this year also, what are the odds they'll do a disk set with the GOld Book in 2 years.

Though, it's not really that hard to find. You'll see some in Yahoo!Japan auctions, eBay or even in the For Sale Section once and a while. Before the internet I waited 20 years to get one. I drooled over the copy I saw at the conventions sold by the same dealer for $200. So worth it.

Most of the content has been reprinted in various formats, though. Even the essays were mostly included in the HD Remaster DVD from 2007. I understand it's not the same as owning the book, though.

I have a Gold book. Sadly mine didn't come with the film strip just the poster. I didn't think I was missing much until seeing some of the images posted here.

• 2 weeks later...