Progress Shots of Ride Armour

Sam

Been a long time since touching any of my models, painting wise, so thought i had better get on and do something today on my day off.. :)

So far its just playing round with Bartleys Ride armour, 1/12 non transformable. I had a shot up in one of the other threads of the pre painted version.

This is the colour im settling on, *i like red*, see the legs, well, now that I have done the under armour, now I glue those legs together, sand, then paint them.

*why cant they just plug together with polycaps so I can paint them individually* :(:(

Anyways, its gonna be a while before i can get to it again, but as the title says, progress shots ... :)

C wah u reckon ppl! :)

Sam

post-3-1064476830_thumb.jpg

hmm. that shot came up looking pretty crap...

its all panel shaded so far, still need to do a mistin to blend, but I suck at the photos..

heres nother angle..

woo hooo.. feedback! my faith has been restored.... :)

sorry, was in a bad mood.. ya know ;)

anyhoo, thanks, im itching to finish it, just a time constraints ... so much to do, so little time!

Will the mods allow me to ask ppl to post model collection pix soon? I wanna see everyones made up efforts...?

Ah frick, that looks awesome, where did you find Bartley's, I bought a Blowspeiror transformable and a stick type transformable (for the seat and exhaust), I was going to use the front portion and modify it for the bartley (off the blowsperior) and run the rest from the stick type, but I'm hell bent on modifying the legs to look thinner, do they make a transformable bartley typr kit? :(

Thx, I totally agree on the bazooka though, I looked all through the box hopeing that it was 'hidden' somewhere on a sprue, but alas, no show.. custom time maybe! :p

and pfunk, Bartleys is darn rare now, saw it bout a month ago on ebay, but i had never seen a transformable one. Would be nice though :)

I thought the Blowspherior legs would have been thin nuff, being yellow and all?

next day off i will do more and post anyways.

tah muchly. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update on this ...

Masking is such a huge part of models its not funny... i did have it competely masked up for stuff, but took most of it off before this shot

dunno if i should put these sorta shots up, might just put finished shots up... but this is just how I go about putting on the other shades and colours with airbrush, finish up with handbrush n washes...

post-26-1065612989.jpg

I thought i should show this shot as it shows that shading is done on all parts, just isn't easy to see it in the full body shots, so heres the breakdown... need to clear coat and wash on these as well...

post-26-1065613174_thumb.jpg

This is a quick fit test with most parts painted.. need to do some more sanding on some parts n repaint, notice the 'afterburner' blackout on the jets... rooks face looks purrtyy nuff for me, and the panel shading is there, just need to see in real life! hehe

I will make a bazooka, when i have finished the main model.......

post-26-1065613360_thumb.jpg

And here she is, shakin that booty. hehe

i haven'te really done the whole burnt afterburners look, but i reckon its a fantastic thing to do, looks awesome !

Also did some feathering of grey on the tyres, notice the 'used' look on them? maybe the flash cuts it out too much, but looks cool anyway...

So please, leave some feedback on what you reckon..

and again, for the record, im annoyed that I couldn't leave this in the models section <_<

enjoy, :)

post-26-1065613661_thumb.jpg

That is looking excelent. I just got another 1/12 kit, So I am going to try to do the transformable, I might hire ya to take a lot more pics of your art you did ;) awesome, I cant wait to get my airbrush,

good work, kudos :)

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Sue Graham eh, hehe. I think it would be easier to paint it like that than it would be to find another Bartley for a decent price :p

Hey Rob, I do very much indeed intend to do that SD kit up like this. Needs a bit of work to it, armour pops off like a banpresto sometimes, but its gonna get some nice treatment 2 :D ( for those who dont know, I just purchased a SD armoured 3 mode Valk from Rob/MonkeyNugget, quite cool)

Pfunk, definately hold back from doing ur transformable till you have airbrush, and a little bit of practice, cuz to make it transform, you are gonna want fine painting so it doesn't "glue"the seams together, like i did accidently on an old Max 1/72 Transformable... paint went on to thick and stuffed up its abiliity to open and close the rear landing gear.!!!! <_<

thanks again, all feedback welcome :)

Show the love for Mospeada !

*oh, I am trying to make up a Bazooka too... its coming along ok ...*

Hey Sam,

ANy update on the Armored SD VF-1J??

Hey Dyo, no update yet, still doing other things, like diggin dirt from under my house to make another room... :p *im serious too, no time for models*But sure will post when i do get round to it..!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Pfunk! I wish there was the option as well, cuz im proud of my 'Progress shots' threads, hate to see em become lost :(

Anyoen have a 1/72 armoured battroid thy dont want that they wanna give away ? first dibs if ya do! :D:D

might go n take a pic of the SD one n post tonight, just on this thread, jsut to show...

Sam

• 5 months later...

Well Im back, after finally putting the last touches on the Ride armour, I know its been a long time, so sue me ! :D I just been doing other stuff, * which Im gonna show off as well cuz its custom related!

The ride armour is now fully painted, had a couple of clear coates, a black oil paint wash, and 99% decaled! :) Im even working on a Cannon for her, which i took a photo of as well..

check out the pix and tell me what you reckon ppl!

post-26-1081488779_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sam

Next... checkin out the ass... LOL

I had fun using black paint and airbrushing 'exhaust' fumes onto both the rockets and the exhausts, I found it probably the funnest part of the whole painting! :D

Decals were a little bit of a paint though if its all glued together, but I reckon tweezers and those ear cleaner things help heaps! lets u move the decals around and the earbud things let you soak up the excess moisture without moving the decal too much.. =)

post-26-1081488990_thumb.jpg

Sideshot ... I wish the photos showed up the shading more but I guess i need to turn off the flash to get that hey..... =(

post-26-1081489356_thumb.jpg

Now this is my hybrid cannon for her.. just not complete without one.. its a combination of a pen, Stereo adaptor, model sprues, a small led, and whatever else I can find. Couldnt' really find a good pic of her cannon, so this will just have to do, looks kinda the part, just need to bore out the gun tip more and paint it up!!

:D

post-26-1081489501_thumb.jpg

And now as promised, this is *one* of the reasons I have been so slack with the macross modelling scence for the last few months...

post-26-1081489978_thumb.jpg

I had fun using black paint and airbrushing 'exhaust' fumes onto both the rockets and the exhausts, I found it probably the funnest part of the whole painting! :D

Decals were a little bit of a paint though if its all glued together, but I reckon tweezers and those ear cleaner things help heaps! lets u move the decals around and the earbud things let you soak up the excess moisture without moving the decal too much.. =)

WHOO! SHAKE THAT ASS!

Nice work.

But don't they run on hydrogen? The only thing being exhausted should be water.

</spoilsport>

Oh, and Dyo*if ur still out there :p * I have found the SD -1J, and have started bits and pieces to it, so heres a pic of its run down, but at the moment im only gluing and sanding *.. damn, I need some of that Mr Surfacer!! ugh. has to be better...*

But I just got the SV in the mail, so Im kinda more excited bout making it, but with it Im gonna be doing a night assault colour scheme =) * cool way of saying black LOL*

but will be in the next few weeks, will probably start up a new PROGRESS SHOTS thread then, if anyones interested that is...

looking forward to the feedback ppl! lay ur insights on me! :D

Ive still got a half made mospeada im gonna do in Rands config too.. might have to get onto it... heheh

over and out.

Sam

post-26-1081490350_thumb.jpg

I had fun using black paint and airbrushing 'exhaust' fumes onto both the rockets and the exhausts, I found it probably the funnest part of the whole painting!  :D

WHOO! SHAKE THAT ASS!

Nice work.

But don't they run on hydrogen? The only thing being exhausted should be water.

</spoilsport>

LOL. Thanks mate .. :)

dont say that about the exhaust.. hydrogen wont let me play with the blackpaint in the airbrush! :o

I would give exhaust stains to a model of a kettle given half a chance ! Im telling ya, ppl are missing out if they aren't putting exhaust stains on ! heh

Sam

:)

They actually aren't that glossy, I just suck at photos and using flash :D

I was totally stoked how Archangel turned out, I made my own design wings in a set of four. Came up nice i reckons =) This is the colour he should have been to represent a Horseman of the Apocolypse, Dark and evil! LOL

Also I just painted the Cannon I made for Fuke/Rook, and it looks a lot better, pretty close to the reala thing. Gonna post a pic tomorrow if I have time. =) Also painted her helmet visor dark blue, the see through just wasn't working for me, now it it looks more anime

:)

Sam

Oh, and Dyo*if ur still out there :p * I have found the SD -1J, and have started bits and pieces to it, so heres a pic of its run down, but at the moment im only gluing and sanding *.. damn, I need some of that Mr Surfacer!! ugh. has to be better...*

i'm still here...that's 6 mos of waiting but i'm still here...

thanks,

d